Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] T-fal Viva Frying Pan, 20cm for $9.99, 26cm for $12.99 & 30cm for $16.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 1:11 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
393 posts
1626 upvotes
MILTON

[Canadian Tire] T-fal Viva Frying Pan, 20cm for $9.99, 26cm for $12.99 & 30cm for $16.99

• T-fal Viva Frying Pan features patented a Thermo-Spot heat indicator turns solid red at the ideal temperature to start cooking
  • T-fal’s unique non-stick coating features enhanced scratch resistance, great for everyday use
  • Non-stick interior/exterior makes cooking easy and clean
  • Ergonomic Bakelite riveted handles provide a secure and steady grip and are oven safe up to 175°C
  • Base is durable and compatible with all cooktops excluding induction
  • Oven safe for temperatures up to 175˚C/350˚F
  • Available in a variety of sizes
16 replies
Sep 2, 2006
20 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill
There's another one on sale also, TFal Air Grip. Anyone know what the difference is?
Nov 18, 2014
493 posts
467 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I stepped away from the t-fal brand. It is not the same quality as the ones in Europe. These warp like crazy and the non stick layer comes off easy. Even with seasoning, handwashing only and wooden utensils.
Aug 15, 2018
24 posts
118 upvotes
I used a made in France one...and wow. The made in France one is distinctly better than any other pan I've ever used. Not sure where these are made. But you want the France one.
Nov 9, 2003
806 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
carsony wrote: There's another one on sale also, TFal Air Grip. Anyone know what the difference is?
I compared the two in store and they're fairly similar from what I can tell, based on thickness of materials, shape, weight, quality of construction etc. I liked the grip on the Air Grip better and it was cheaper at the same size ($14.99 for 30cm, also 32cm is available for $16.99), so I went with that instead
Mar 31, 2008
830 posts
520 upvotes
Airdrie
Thanks will go check these out. Bought a couple T-Fal pans at a Bay sale 2 years ago for around $10 or $15 each. The first one lasted 2 years of daily use, just unwrapped the second one. So it's a good time to get a backup.
Jan 19, 2011
913 posts
454 upvotes
Montreal
mcwilly wrote: Thanks will go check these out. Bought a couple T-Fal pans at a Bay sale 2 years ago for around $10 or $15 each. The first one lasted 2 years of daily use, just unwrapped the second one. So it's a good time to get a backup.
Whatever you bought at the bay is probably not what they're offering on sale at CT. If I'm not mistaken these pans are more often than not this price at CT. I think I've been through 3 or 4 of them.
Jan 2, 2010
69 posts
20 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote: Just buy the 3 pack from Costco for $29.99 in store or $36.99 online...

https://www.costco.ca/t-fal-3-piece-ski ... 22400.html
The ones at Costco have rings that are raised ridges on the bottom. The Canadian tire ones are smooth on the bottom.

Although nothing is foolproof, the smooth bottom is less likely to scratch a smoothtop electric range top. I use the Canadian tire ones for exactly this reason.

I do replace them once in a while if I notice any issues with the coating, but they hold up pretty well for the sale price.
May 8, 2016
47 posts
66 upvotes
rrabbit10 wrote: I stepped away from the t-fal brand. It is not the same quality as the ones in Europe. These warp like crazy and the non stick layer comes off easy. Even with seasoning, handwashing only and wooden utensils.
You don't season coated pans.
Cookwares only warp when you run them under cold water when they're still hot which would also ruin the coating.
These nonstick pans are not meant to last a long time that's why they're so inexpensive, and just for cooking small easy stuff like pancakes, crepes or frying eggs or omelette
Nov 18, 2014
493 posts
467 upvotes
Calgary, AB
hotandsoursoup wrote: You don't season coated pans.
Cookwares only warp when you run them under cold water when they're still hot which would also ruin the coating.
These nonstick pans are not meant to last a long time that's why they're so inexpensive, and just for cooking small easy stuff like pancakes, crepes or frying eggs or omelette
Instructions say to season them. Not running under cold water...
These pans are not cheap when there not on sale and should last years. I know the t-fal frying pan's and wok I had in Europe lasted me almost 10 years...
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13905 posts
2035 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Any reason why it wont work on induction top stoves?
Mar 31, 2008
830 posts
520 upvotes
Airdrie
molybdenum wrote: Whatever you bought at the bay is probably not what they're offering on sale at CT. If I'm not mistaken these pans are more often than not this price at CT. I think I've been through 3 or 4 of them.
I went and looked at them today. You're right they were about 1/2 the thickness of the one I had at home.

Ended up picking this one for $15 as a back up pan:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/t-fa ... #store=407

Keeping my expectations low. I pity the customer who paid the sticker price of $75.
Oct 22, 2007
187 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
weedb0y wrote: Any reason why it wont work on induction top stoves?
non-conductive material, to make it induction safe it would need a conductive bottom.