Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Triangle Bonus Day 40x CT points with CT MC (20x CT points without) on Saturday March 7, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 10:13 am
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
331 posts
658 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Triangle Bonus Day 40x CT points with CT MC (20x CT points without) on Saturday March 7, 2020

I was checking out at Canadian Tire today and the cashier told me about this upcoming event on Saturday March 7, 2020:
  1. 40x the points with a Canadian Tire Triangle Mastercard
  2. 20x the points without a Triangle Mastercard

Confirmed with a quick search online. Official link found here: https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/bon ... -tire.html

Terms and conditions:
Canadian Tire wrote:†The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. The Triangle Credit Cards are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. Any bonus multiplier is based on the base rate of collecting CT Money (0.4%), and will be added to whatever the Member would otherwise collect, without the bonus. Example: On a $100 (pre-tax) purchase with a 20X bonus multiplier a Member would earn a bonus $8 in CT Money (20 X .4% X $100). The 40X for Triangle Credit Card customers consists of the 10X everyday plus a 30X bonus. Not all items sold at Canadian Tire are eligible to earn CT Money or to be redeemed for. Conditions apply. Visit triangle.com for full program rules and Partner location information. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. CT Money is collected on the pre-tax amount of the purchase at Canadian Tire. Bonus CT Money collected from online orders will be applied to the Member’s Triangle Rewards Account within five weeks of the purchase date.
94 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2006
1165 posts
50 upvotes
What would a 300 purchase earn on a Canadian tire card?
Sep 13, 2016
200 posts
161 upvotes
fogo wrote: What would a 300 purchase earn on a Canadian tire card?
20X = 8%
40X = 16%
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6489 posts
2753 upvotes
Moncton, NB
This would be a good time to get all season tires for our mazda cx5.

If there's some on sale + the 40x.

Any recommendations for all season on a cx5?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2213 posts
1607 upvotes
Niagara, ON
Does this work with redeeming points? Say I spend $50 in points, do I get $8?
May 5, 2006
677 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
MegaSilver wrote: Does this work with redeeming points? Say I spend $50 in points, do I get $8?
No... you only get points on what you pay for.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6487 posts
4494 upvotes
Kitchener
Any great deals at CT this weekend???
Jan 4, 2006
166 posts
136 upvotes
GTA
RishabhK82112 wrote: I am assuming this is not valid on gift card purchases?
FINE PRINT:
†$25 GIFT CARD: Total qualifying purchase must be $125 or more before applicable taxes and shipping fees and must be paid for using Masterpass. Purchasing of gift cards cannot be used towards qualifying purchase amount. $25 Gift Card will be mailed to you within 8 weeks of your qualifying purchase. The Gift Card is only redeemable for merchandise and services at Canadian Tire retail stores or at Gas+ locations. The Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash, used to purchase other gift cards or applied as a payment on any Canadian Tire credit account. Applicable taxes will be charged on the total transaction value before deducting the Gift Card value. Canadian Tire and Mastercard International Incorporated are not responsible for replacing the value on this Gift Card if it is lost, stolen destroyed, damaged or used without your knowledge or consent. Unless otherwise noted, all trademarks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. ®Mastercard and Masterpass are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Amit Parikh
Mortgage Agent
RateShop Inc. FSCO Lic. No.12733
Nov 2, 2019
31 posts
39 upvotes
ARP511 wrote: FINE PRINT:
†$25 GIFT CARD: Total qualifying purchase must be $125 or more before applicable taxes and shipping fees and must be paid for using Masterpass. Purchasing of gift cards cannot be used towards qualifying purchase amount. $25 Gift Card will be mailed to you within 8 weeks of your qualifying purchase. The Gift Card is only redeemable for merchandise and services at Canadian Tire retail stores or at Gas+ locations. The Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash, used to purchase other gift cards or applied as a payment on any Canadian Tire credit account. Applicable taxes will be charged on the total transaction value before deducting the Gift Card value. Canadian Tire and Mastercard International Incorporated are not responsible for replacing the value on this Gift Card if it is lost, stolen destroyed, damaged or used without your knowledge or consent. Unless otherwise noted, all trademarks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. ®Mastercard and Masterpass are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.

question was for Triangle Bonus Day 40x CT points with CT MC and not for the masterpass offer.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2039 posts
386 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Guessing this will apply to Tires as well?
Aug 7, 2018
71 posts
170 upvotes
Is Dyson Vacuum eligable?
what will i get if a 799.99 vacuum?
Apr 10, 2018
11 posts
16 upvotes
ChrisY87930 wrote: Is Dyson Vacuum eligable?
what will i get if a 799.99 vacuum?
I don't see why a Dyson vacuum would be excluded.

w/ triangle master card: 799.99 x 0.16 = $128 (in Canadian Tire money)
w/out triangle master card: 799.99 x 0.08 = $64 (in Canadian Tire money)

Personally, I don't think it's worth it if you don't have the triangle card. Dysons tend to go on sale on Amazon for more than $64 off