Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Triangle Mastercard $100-$200 CT Money offer for new members - Targeted

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2022 10:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1298 posts
1308 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Triangle Mastercard $100-$200 CT Money offer for new members - Targeted

Check your emails for a targeted offer when signing for a new Triangle Mastercard.

This email was sneaky, it was titled as "Why did the turkey cross the road....?"

-Must sign up between September 28- October 11, 2022
-You will only get the bonus if you were invited.
-It's the same application for the World Elite, you just have to qualify with income > $80 or Household income > $150.
-Road Side Assistance comes with World Elite.
-Perkopolis comes with Road Side Assistance.
-You must make a purchase at a Triangle store (Cdn tire, sport chek, Marks, etc) within 30 days.
-CT Money will be rewarded within 5 weeks.

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/cre ... offer.html
https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/cre ... offer.html
https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/cre ... offer.html

Previous thread:
canadian-tire-triangle-mastercard-new-c ... d-2550084/
Last edited by Zaptor99 on Oct 1st, 2022 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
71 replies
Newbie
Sep 26, 2021
43 posts
112 upvotes
Thank you so much for noticing . I missed it earlier because of the title but I see now I have received $200 Offer
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5807 posts
3055 upvotes
Winnipeg
No Turkey turkey for me this Thanksgiving.
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2200 posts
2669 upvotes
how does this invite work? u sign up for triangle rewards only, and they randomly send out email to u to sign up for the credit card? i remember there was a previously $100 bonus to sign up between sept 8-15, is that the same as this?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 24, 2005
1148 posts
1535 upvotes
Calgary
Went to my Triangle rewards account and realized I had all my communication via email off. Whoops, turned on communication for Triangle Rewards. Hope that helps hope next time
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9150 upvotes
The NORTH
Checked my email and sure enough I have this offer with the STUPID "Why did the turkey cross the road" header... Someone in the marketing dept at Canadian Tire really needs to shake their head...
Jr. Member
Mar 18, 2012
150 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Been trying to get this offer. Do you know the email address they use to send these offers? I only see their e flyer address.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1298 posts
1308 upvotes
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: how does this invite work? u sign up for triangle rewards only, and they randomly send out email to u to sign up for the credit card? i remember there was a previously $100 bonus to sign up between sept 8-15, is that the same as this?
Yes you need a triangle rewards account and make sure you set email communications to on. It'll probably help if you shop a little in the stores, but the emails are totally random.
I don't see a generic $50 or $100 sign up page, but maybe I missed it.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 26, 2013
180 posts
115 upvotes
Winnipeg
From what I've read, this is for the normal Mastercard, so if you go for the world elite you won't get the offer. I saw some people saying they were able to complain and get it added manually.
Member
Jul 24, 2022
242 posts
503 upvotes
The $100 bonus appears to be the standard reward and is offered regularly.

If you go to the email's link to apply, then change the "100" to "200", the reward changes to a $200 bonus (the page looks exactly the same than the $100 bonus page, except the reward amount). Unfortunately, since I did not receive the $200 bonus link, it will not work for me.

I contacted CT Bank and said that the $100 bonus was insufficient for me, and asked how to change the amount to $200. First, the person said it was not true, then when I mentioned the trick of changing the link to "200", he replied that he did not know how to help me.

Let's face it. CT Bank will give everybody a $100 bonus for trying (unless you were in-between promotions). Personally, I do not know who gets the $200 bonus email. The key is getting to the $200 (or $250 as it was in years past). If Simplii is already at $150 CASH (no CT points), it seems fruitless to continue sending out the $100 bonus promotion year after year after year.

May I suggest RFDers contact CT Bank directly at 1-800-459-6415 and tell them that $100 is insufficient and to request $200 instead. Perhaps that may change their approach going forward...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9150 upvotes
The NORTH
ImMrWorld wrote: The $100 bonus appears to be the standard reward and is offered regularly.

If you go to the email's link to apply, then change the "100" to "200", the reward changes to a $200 bonus (the page looks exactly the same than the $100 bonus page, except the reward amount). Unfortunately, since I did not receive the $200 bonus link, it will not work for me.

I contacted CT Bank and said that the $100 bonus was insufficient for me, and asked how to change the amount to $200. First, the person said it was not true, then when I mentioned the trick of changing the link to "200", he replied that he did not know how to help me.

Let's face it. CT Bank will give everybody a $100 bonus for trying (unless you were in-between promotions). Personally, I do not know who gets the $200 bonus email. The key is getting to the $200 (or $250 as it was in years past). If Simplii is already at $150 CASH (no CT points), it seems fruitless to continue sending out the $100 bonus promotion year after year after year.

May I suggest RFDers contact CT Bank directly at 1-800-459-6415 and tell them that $100 is insufficient and to request $200 instead. Perhaps that may change their approach going forward...
Not everyone got the standard $100 offer, I certainly didn't.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9150 upvotes
The NORTH
ImMrWorld wrote: The $100 bonus appears to be the standard reward and is offered regularly.

If you go to the email's link to apply, then change the "100" to "200", the reward changes to a $200 bonus (the page looks exactly the same than the $100 bonus page, except the reward amount). Unfortunately, since I did not receive the $200 bonus link, it will not work for me.

I contacted CT Bank and said that the $100 bonus was insufficient for me, and asked how to change the amount to $200. First, the person said it was not true, then when I mentioned the trick of changing the link to "200", he replied that he did not know how to help me.

Let's face it. CT Bank will give everybody a $100 bonus for trying (unless you were in-between promotions). Personally, I do not know who gets the $200 bonus email. The key is getting to the $200 (or $250 as it was in years past). If Simplii is already at $150 CASH (no CT points), it seems fruitless to continue sending out the $100 bonus promotion year after year after year.

May I suggest RFDers contact CT Bank directly at 1-800-459-6415 and tell them that $100 is insufficient and to request $200 instead. Perhaps that may change their approach going forward...
Not everyone got the standard $100 offer, I certainly didn't.
Member
Jul 24, 2022
242 posts
503 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Not everyone got the standard $100 offer, I certainly didn't.
For those who did not receive any bonus offer, may I suggest the following:

1. Open a Triangle rewards account. It is free and simple to do;
2. Download the Triangle rewards app. A digital card is included;
3. Choose to accept all promotions, ads and emails from them;
4. If you see a good deal, even for a few dollars, purchase it with your Triangle app;
4. The credit card offers will start soon.

I read the above on earlier RFD posts. My first offer came within one month.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what distinguishes one person receiving zero bonus to $100 bonus to $200 bonus.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3027 posts
734 upvotes
Didn’t get any email, got the $100 email last time but was still holding out for better, guess I still have to wait patiently
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 11, 2019
50 posts
24 upvotes
This is the third time I got the offer but every time they offer me $150.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1654 posts
2394 upvotes
Victoria
Canadian204 wrote: From what I've read, this is for the normal Mastercard, so if you go for the world elite you won't get the offer. I saw some people saying they were able to complain and get it added manually.
The T&C says both the Mastercard and the World Elite are eligible:
Cardmember must apply by October 11, 2022 and be approved for a Triangle Mastercard or Triangle World Elite Mastercard and make an eligible purchase with their new card within 30 days of approval to receive their bonus. This offer applies on approval for the Triangle Mastercard or Triangle World Elite Mastercard.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1654 posts
2394 upvotes
Victoria
ImMrWorld wrote: May I suggest RFDers contact CT Bank directly at 1-800-459-6415 and tell them that $100 is insufficient and to request $200 instead. Perhaps that may change their approach going forward...
Meh, I don't really dictate to a company how to run their business. Either the $100 works for you or it doesn't. I'm not going to chew out a call centre agent that has no say in marketing decisions, that's for sure.
I received the $100 offer, and it worked for me. This is a good path to pay Telus without the 1.5% fee and still earn rewards, as well as the free roadside assistance & Perkopolis.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1298 posts
1308 upvotes
ursrox wrote: This is the third time I got the offer but every time they offer me $150.
Same, debating whether to take it or not. I can get it now and be ready to pay my big bills coming in the new year like property taxes etc. But maybe I'll wait for 1 more offer campaign.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)