Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Triangle MasterCard New Cardmember Offer CT$100-200 (Targeted) or CT$100 (Generic)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2023 3:55 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4522 posts
987 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
CoinFlip wrote: ----- Important

The new cardmember offers applies to both the regular and World Elite Mastercards.

I heard some people have to fight for that and you have to make your first purchase at CT even though it says "any participating stores" and show the SportChek and Mark's logos.
Jun 26, 2017
440 posts
266 upvotes
tsx612 wrote: Thanks for that. I am getting them from the second email address, even though in the Triangle app emails are toggled on. How do I get on the good list?
I am not exactly sure... did you check your Triangle Rewards profile?
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/my-accou ... tings.html
Public Mobile, 12GB LTE/3mo/$120 plan
---
I am in compliance with all forum rules
Nov 7, 2021
346 posts
294 upvotes
ON
larryperry wrote:

Some DP:
I signed up for Triangle Rewards email notifications in January 2022. I received a $200 offer to apply for their credit card in both spring 2022 and this recent one.
I also did not care to accumulate Triangle rewards or CT money for many years as well. Never activated any offers. Not sure if this was a factor in getting the $200 offer.

Edit:
If you are getting emails from triangle at email.triangle.com, then you're on the right email list. If it is eflyerfeedback at email.canadiantire.ca, you are not on the correct email list.
I'm on the correct email list and I get a bunch of spam but no CT credit card offers. 🤷
Jul 24, 2022
291 posts
596 upvotes
Sprite_TM wrote: whats the cheapest thing to buy at CT to get that bonus now.Face With Tears Of Joy
Last week I needed to find something cheap to top-up my purchase and I approached a CT employee holding a price gun with that question and we went on a price hunt together. It appears that the only thing worthy of that purchase was a fashionable black (white was also available) facial mask for 49c. Of course it was 48c overpriced, but...
Aug 11, 2019
57 posts
28 upvotes
ImMrWorld wrote: Just one thing you should know: If paying bills via CT credit card, you receive 0.5% back in CT money for the basic card and 1.0% back on the World Elite card. The bill payment is also treated as a credit card purchase, so you pay the amount back after receiving the credit card statement and within the due date. It is still a wonderful opportunity but it sounded like you were expecting 4% (which it is not).
That I understand, I am aiming for WE Mastercard to get 1% on bill payments. I have been making use of my PC Financial card / account to make such payments till now and was getting 1% in PC Optimum points but they will stop giving points on utility bill payments from Jan 2023 onwards. Hopefully CT don't mess up and issue me a WE card.
Jul 24, 2022
291 posts
596 upvotes
ursrox wrote: That I understand, I am aiming for WE Mastercard to get 1% on bill payments. I have been making use of my PC Financial card / account to make such payments till now and was getting 1% in PC Optimum points but they will stop giving points on utility bill payments from Jan 2023 onwards. Hopefully CT don't mess up and issue me a WE card.
I was not aware that PC Optimum will stop giving points on utility bill payments starting in January 2023. Were you receiving 1% per bill payment or are you talking about the 1,000 PC Optimum points per bill payment over $50? Is this a recent announcement? Is there a link you are able to provide me with the announcement, or a screenshot of any emails received? My apologies for the numerous questions, but I do not see this on the PC Financial website.
Jan 20, 2017
55 posts
367 upvotes
Thanks OP, got the 150 offer and applied pending approval.
PC: Pentium II 200MHz with MMX, 64mb RAM
Phone: Nokia 3310 GSM
Car: 2001 Toyota RAV4 Limited Edition
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2450 posts
1294 upvotes
Ontario
larryperry wrote: Some DP:
I signed up for Triangle Rewards email notifications in January 2022. I received a $200 offer to apply for their credit card in both spring 2022 and this recent one.
I also did not care to accumulate Triangle rewards or CT money for many years as well. Never activated any offers. Not sure if this was a factor in getting the $200 offer.

Edit:
If you are getting emails from triangle at email.triangle.com, then you're on the right email list. If it is eflyerfeedback at email.canadiantire.ca, you are not on the correct email list.
I checked my email from email.triangle.com and evidently I did get them until 2 years ago then all of a sudden they stopped, not sure the reason but I have written to Support for a clarification.
Currently happy customer with Koodo and Virgin Mobile.
Aug 11, 2019
57 posts
28 upvotes
ImMrWorld wrote: I was not aware that PC Optimum will stop giving points on utility bill payments starting in January 2023. Were you receiving 1% per bill payment or are you talking about the 1,000 PC Optimum points per bill payment over $50? Is this a recent announcement? Is there a link you are able to provide me with the announcement, or a screenshot of any emails received? My apologies for the numerous questions, but I do not see this on the PC Financial website.
I am referring to 1% per bill payment. The announcement on changes came on Nov 23, 2022 and will be effective from Jan 25, 2023. They sent a link of detailed T&C in the email. Posting the link below.
https://www.pcfinancial.ca/en/legal-stu ... astercard/
https://www.pcfinancial.ca/en/legal-stu ... ates-2023/

Terms effective as of January 25, 2023 - Bill payments, electronic funds transfers, account fees and interest are not qualifying purchases for the purpose of earning PC Optimum® points.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2011
1541 posts
920 upvotes
Not NEPEAN
Kuroharo wrote: Thanks OP, got the 150 offer and applied pending approval.
P2 as well, hope it goes through.
Jul 24, 2022
291 posts
596 upvotes
ursrox wrote: I am referring to 1% per bill payment. The announcement on changes came on Nov 23, 2022 and will be effective from Jan 25, 2023. They sent a link of detailed T&C in the email. Posting the link below.

Terms effective as of January 25, 2023 - Bill payments, electronic funds transfers, account fees and interest are not qualifying purchases for the purpose of earning PC Optimum® points.
Thank you for the links and the response. It makes sense to me now.
Aug 11, 2019
57 posts
28 upvotes
How do you select WE Mastercard while applying through the link? It gives me the only option of regular no fee Triangle Mastercard not the WE Mastercard.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2011
1541 posts
920 upvotes
Not NEPEAN
ursrox wrote: How do you select WE Mastercard while applying through the link? It gives me the only option of regular no fee Triangle Mastercard not the WE Mastercard.
Go through the app and after you put in income the next screen will say if you qualify for WE card. Does your income qualify you?
Aug 11, 2019
57 posts
28 upvotes
nickwa wrote: Go through the app and after you put in income the next screen will say if you qualify for WE card. Does your income qualify you?
It did indeed. Thanks for the help! Approved right away for WE MC. In fact, added it to Apple Wallet as well.
Sep 13, 2019
216 posts
336 upvotes
larryperry wrote: Applied for $200 SUB but stuck on credit check. button is grayed out and "Loading ...". Anyone else experience the same?
Same here
This happened to me not the first time btw
Tried to apply with a $150 bonus before and got stuck at exactly the same step
My last application did not went through because of this, applied through the invitation email, totally a waste of time
Apr 22, 2010
437 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
ursrox wrote: I am referring to 1% per bill payment. The announcement on changes came on Nov 23, 2022 and will be effective from Jan 25, 2023. They sent a link of detailed T&C in the email. Posting the link below.

ImMrWorld wrote: Thank you for the links and the response. It makes sense to me now.
I believe though for the PC Money Account it is still unclear whether the 5x1000 points will continue? The terms and conditions currently state: “You do not earn PC Optimum™ points on bill payments, electronic funds transfers, account fees and interest.”, after January 23, 2023, terms and conditions are: “Bill payments, electronic funds transfers, account fees and interest are not qualifying purchases for the purpose of earning PC Optimum® points.” so it is essentially saying the same thing. Will have to see come February 2023.
Apr 22, 2010
437 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
dmxlite wrote: I heard some people have to fight for that and you have to make your first purchase at CT even though it says "any participating stores" and show the SportChek and Mark's logos.
Yea I had to call them a bunch of times because I got the World Elite card. I did make my first purchase at a Canadian Tire store so it definitely wasn’t that issue. It wasn’t a fight though - more of a hassle since they made me wait like 7 weeks before willing to manually adjust the points for me.
Jan 15, 2003
402 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
I applied last Sept and again this time because I received the $200 email offer.
Normally when I apply for a credit card I'd get instant approval (credit score around 850). With CT I got pending status both times.
When I called the toll free number right after submission the CSR said my application got declined without any valid reason. Talking to the CSR and manager were useless. They would blame Transunion.
I am at a lost at how I can get this card.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)