• Jul 27th, 2021 7:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1776 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Triangle MC - 75$ Bonus CT Money Offer

They had $100 bonus CT offer in March. Not sure how frequently they run this promotion.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en.html
89 replies
Nov 24, 2009
106 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
New cardmember online applications only on 1st purchase. 30 days to make 1st purchase. Expires May 6.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1776 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
frederixx wrote: Hmm this deal is like an actual CT promotion... They make you believe it's a good deal but it's just the regular retail price. And the link brings you to their home page? CT tactics right there, we see right through you!
You get 75$ in CTM for applying for their credit card, that is all
May 30, 2009
23 posts
34 upvotes
Leask
I got this card thinking I would cancel it right away but it has been worth it for the roadside assistance alone.
Jan 4, 2006
201 posts
171 upvotes
GTA
Major benefit of CT world elite card (Black) is that you get 1% cash back on utilities, property taxes, insurance premiums which otherwise you can only pay from your bank accounts directly and do not get any cashback.
FIDO User - 6GB+2GB Bonus for $40
Dec 30, 2020
10 posts
18 upvotes
The link is good, just need to scroll down to find the $75 bonus for applying. Got the WE card in March when it was $100. Free roadside assistance and 1% CT money for paying property tax and utility bills, why not?
Apr 15, 2008
319 posts
198 upvotes
ARP511 wrote: Major benefit of CT world elite card (Black) is that you get 1% cash back on utilities, property taxes, insurance premiums which otherwise you can only pay from your bank accounts directly and do not get any cashback.
how do you pay off your card? Most of these don't let you pay by card.
Oct 20, 2001
829 posts
108 upvotes
Spruce Grove
Also saw 25cents off a liter for 250L at Canadian tire gas stations for new Canadian tire master card holders
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8734 posts
5079 upvotes
cctw wrote: how do you pay off your card? Most of these don't let you pay by card.
They have an online bill profile (same as your bank) where you complete your payments to any bill payees they have available.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2139 posts
171 upvotes
rEDSpider wrote: Also saw 25cents off a liter for 250L at Canadian tire gas stations for new Canadian tire master card holders
Where did you see this? I have a CT gas station very close to me but have never filled there. Would be a good time to take advantage of this offer if available as I just got a CT Mastercard.
Oct 20, 2001
829 posts
108 upvotes
Spruce Grove
addicted2it wrote: Where did you see this? I have a CT gas station very close to me but have never filled there. Would be a good time to take advantage of this offer if available as I just got a CT Mastercard.
It was on the pump handle
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1523 posts
2072 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
ARP511 wrote: Major benefit of CT world elite card (Black) is that you get 1% cash back on utilities, property taxes, insurance premiums which otherwise you can only pay from your bank accounts directly and do not get any cashback.
Well this is interesting...!

Do you set up these payments as if it were a bank account, like provide insurance/taxes/utilities with an account number rather than a credit card number?

Then that account number bills it to the credit card?

Just trying to figure out how the logistics works for this.
Jul 8, 2019
512 posts
262 upvotes
Is "Black" a different variant from normal CT world elite card, or are they the same?
Dec 30, 2020
10 posts
18 upvotes
It's sort of like bank payment but you don't get the bank info like a void cheque as for normal banks, rather you need to add payees just as you do with online banking.
Jan 4, 2006
201 posts
171 upvotes
GTA
Same..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7759 posts
3774 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
How do you pay it with insurance premiums?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1842 posts
3857 upvotes
Vancouver
I never knew about this. Very cool. Gamechanger, actually. I probably spend at least $15K on property taxes and utilities per year... so that's like $150.
Can confirm that it seems to be available for my Triangle World Elite MasterCard:
Feb 22, 2021
70 posts
24 upvotes
Can we still apply for World Elite MasterCard now? Or this offer is only for the regular one. Winking Face
Jan 4, 2006
201 posts
171 upvotes
GTA
papajang wrote: Can we still apply for World Elite MasterCard now? Or this offer is only for the regular one. Winking Face
Offer is available for all Triangle MasterCards. However, not sure if bill payment option is available for cards other than world elite mastercard.