Shopping Discussion

Triangle Select Subscription Program for $89 (includes Crave Total for 6 months/$50 Welcome Bonus)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2024 3:31 pm
Nov 5, 2018
657 posts
769 upvotes

Canadian Tire "Triangle Select" Subscription Service

Today I received an email inviting me to join "Triangle Select", a new subscription service from Canadian Tire. Like other brands with paid subscriptions in addition to their standard loyalty programs, I thought it would be worthwhile to create a separate thread for this.

The email invitation is account specific, and registration is not freely open, but there is information here:

https://triangleselect.canadiantire.ca/

In summary, for $89 annually you get:
- 10x CT Money on purchases at CT, Sport Chek, Marks and Party City
- 25x CT Money on house brands at those stores, including Denver Hayes, FWD, Helly Hansen, Ripzone, Shambhala, MotoMaster, Simoniz, Canvas, Frank, Paderno, Petco, Premier, Type A, Golfgreen, Vermont Castings, Sherwood, Woods, Mastercraft and Maximum
- 20x CT money on your largest Canadian Tire purchase each year
- 20x CT money on the next largest purchase at CT, Sport Chek, Marks and Party City
- All bonuses stack
- A welcome gift valued at $50 or more
- Free shipping (up to $20) on purchases over $50 at Sport Chek and Mark's
- Shipping fees reimbursed in CT Money (up to $20) on 5 Canadian Tire ship-to-home orders
- 25% off one purchase at Helly Hansen
- 12 month free trial of Crave

I'll admit that I don't see a whole lot of value in this offering. While I may spend enough money at Canadian Tire in some years to make this worth it, it's fairly complex and doesn't seem to provide any significant "can't miss" value. Thoughts?
Thread Summary
Canadian Tire Money Multiplier Guide
10x = 4%
20x = 8%
30x = 12%
40x = 16%
50x = 20%

20x In-Store Brand Boost
Apparel
  • Denver Hayes
  • FWD
  • Helly Hansen
  • Ripzone
  • Shambhala

Automotive
  • MotoMaster
  • SIMONIZ
  • SIMONIZ PLATINUM

Home
  • CANVAS
  • FRANK
  • PADERNO
  • Petco
  • Premier
  • type A
  • Vida (by PADERNO)

Outdoor Living
  • Golfgreen
  • Vermont Castings

Sports & Rec
  • Sherwood
  • Woods

Tools & Hardware
  • Mastercraft
  • MAXIMUM
768 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1654 posts
1316 upvotes
Mississauga
one of the first store subscriptions i can actually consider being value-able 8% if you have their card and year of crave just pays for it
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
Could be worth it if I bought more there, but I don't.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting for those who shop regular at CT. The 20x back on your largest purchase alone could be worth it if you are buying exercise equipment there (or other big ticket items).
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18924 posts
10495 upvotes
I am guessing this is the end of free shipping at Sport Chek for Triangle credit card holders? Ouch that will suck.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3198 posts
4251 upvotes
St Clements, MB
A paid subscription service may be coming soon to Hudson's Bay too.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4365 posts
1584 upvotes
I just saw an email about Triangle Select offer... it feels like an Amazon Prime clone...

In addition to bonus CT money and free shipping over $50, you'll get 12 months Crave subscription for free.

The link in my email is unique, so check your email.
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB since 2018
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21684 posts
8957 upvotes
Toronto
Did Canadian Tire crawl in bed with Bell? lol
This deal sounds like something the Source stores should be doing. (Bell owns both Crave and the Source Stores)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1286 posts
1791 upvotes
Montr
Well here's a link that could enlighten some

https://triangleselect.canadiantire.ca/

What is Triangle Select?
Discover our first-ever, premium subscription program specially designed to get Canadians enjoying the best that life has to offer. It’s a program that helps you earn CT Money® with top notch benefits and premium perks. It’s currently only available to a select group of Triangle Rewards™ customers.

Exclusive ways to earn bonus CT Money stacked1 on top of what you already earn
Everyday Bonus
Earn 10x bonus CT Money1

On almost all in-store purchases at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Mark’s, L’Équipeur, and Party City.

Brand Boost
Earn 25x Bonus CT Money1

On all these brands when you shop in-store at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Mark’s, L’Équipeur, and Party City.

Welcome Gift

Selected by you (valued at $50 or more)3

Exclusive Online Shopping Perks

Shipping fee waived* on all qualifying online purchases over $50 (before taxes) from Mark’s, L’Équipeur and Sport Chek (up to the first $20 in shipping fees per order).

Shipping fees* reimbursed in CT Money (before taxes) on your first 5 Canadian Tire ship-to-home purchases (up to the first $12 in shipping fees per order)

+

Get 25% off at hellyhansen.com on a qualifying pre-tax purchase. Available on one purchase during the subscription. Conditions apply4.

Plus, Crave is offering 12 months of access at no charge to Triangle Select members who sign up to Crave.
Apr 11, 2020
294 posts
616 upvotes
The free shipping would be redundant for anybody with a CT Mastercard, as it gives free shipping no minimum if it's used as payment. The reimbursement of ship to home fees in CT money on instore items (5 times, up to the first $12 in fees) is interesting if you do that frequently, I'd like to know if this is 5 times annually, or just 5 and done. All in all, I can see myself racking up a lot of addition CT money if it indeed stacks over all other CT money offers and the 3x that the credit card gives.
*edit*
Upon reading it all a bit more carefully, it looks like those bonus 10x and 25x points are on instore purchases only. Deal breaker for me, 99% of my CT purchases are online. If they change it, I'll subscribe.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8178 posts
9535 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting.. FAQ states that it's a test program subscription and does not renew.

Amazon Prime.. PC Insiders.. Triangle Select.. who's next? :)

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7983 posts
11533 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Interesting.. FAQ states that it's a test program subscription and does not renew.

Ron.
RFD Pro
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1286 posts
1791 upvotes
Montr
Windyt wrote: The free shipping would be redundant for anybody with a CT Mastercard, as it gives free shipping no minimum if it's used as payment.
Really? You get free shipping at Canadian Tire with their Mastercard? First time i hear that

Thanks
Dec 24, 2018
388 posts
965 upvotes
The more subscription services the better, competition = lower prices.
Banned
Dec 5, 2017
253 posts
197 upvotes
Scarberia
newfbc wrote: Interesting.. FAQ states that it's a test program subscription and does not renew.

Ron.
Costco Bulk Plus, Walmart Elite, Dollarama Centurion
Dec 20, 2010
462 posts
538 upvotes
Ottawa
I would sign up today if I could! I called Triangle and cannot sign up without having received the invitation. The Triangle Call center can tell you if did receive the invitation and help you out.

With needing to purchase new tires this week it would more than pay for the membership with the bonus E-CTM on MotoMaster products.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3426 posts
1395 upvotes
Lévis
Weird, I have CT WE and received nothing about that. Too bad, it's interesting. I supspect the subscription to crave last only 12 mouths.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1818 posts
695 upvotes
Canada
is this free or does it cost money? cant find prices anywhere
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)