• Mar 28th, 2024 1:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Do they consider household income when considering for the WE card or only personal income?
Only personal...
Jul 18, 2020
753 posts
1218 upvotes
This CT we card still accept application, I apply it online yesterday and get it approved today.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3614 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: Yip, likely a website glitch over the weekend.
Might be browser related as well. I could not log in for a few days with my normal browser. Tried a different browser and was finally able to log in.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11667 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
Rounding down on purchases outside CT family stores coming April 1st

We are writing to let you know about a minor change that we are making to the Triangle Rewards Program (the “Program”).
This change will impact members who have a Triangle credit card.
Effective April 1, 2021, we will calculate the amount of electronic Canadian Tire Money® (CT Money) that can be collected on purchases at other merchants charged to a Triangle credit card by rounding down the CT Money awarded to the nearest cent. As a result, the third paragraph of the section of the Program terms and conditions entitled “Collecting electronic Canadian Tire Money” will change as follows (the underlined text represents the wording that will be added):
You can also collect eCTM on purchases that you make at other merchants that are charged to a Program Payment Card. eCTM that you collect at other merchants will also be rounded to the nearest cent until March 31, 2021 after which it will be rounded down to the nearest cent.

Not sure how going from rounding down to the nearest cent, to rounding down to the nearest cent, changes anything lol.
Jun 18, 2004
750 posts
664 upvotes
Vancouver Island
coolintheshade wrote: Rounding down on purchases outside CT family stores coming April 1st

We are writing to let you know about a minor change that we are making to the Triangle Rewards Program (the “Program”).
This change will impact members who have a Triangle credit card.
Effective April 1, 2021, we will calculate the amount of electronic Canadian Tire Money® (CT Money) that can be collected on purchases at other merchants charged to a Triangle credit card by rounding down the CT Money awarded to the nearest cent. As a result, the third paragraph of the section of the Program terms and conditions entitled “Collecting electronic Canadian Tire Money” will change as follows (the underlined text represents the wording that will be added):
You can also collect eCTM on purchases that you make at other merchants that are charged to a Program Payment Card. eCTM that you collect at other merchants will also be rounded to the nearest cent until March 31, 2021 after which it will be rounded down to the nearest cent.

Not sure how going from rounding down to the nearest cent, to rounding down to the nearest cent, changes anything lol.
It would affect grocery purchases, where you can get an extra cent or two. For example, you would get 12 cents on a purchase of 3.76 or more
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
Platypus wrote: It would affect grocery purchases, where you can get an extra cent or two. For example, you would get 12 cents on a purchase of 3.76 or more
starting april 1, you will only get 11 cents ... Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Platypus wrote: It would affect grocery purchases, where you can get an extra cent or two. For example, you would get 12 cents on a purchase of 3.76 or more
LOL808 wrote: starting april 1, you will only get 11 cents ... Disappointed But Relieved Face
Not gonna break the bank. I'm surprised it'd "round off" (up or down) until now.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
It basically means that they will pay "3% minus 1 cent" on most grocery purchases. For small amounts, that's a bigger hit. (I'm looking at the World Elite card here.)

If you buy something for $9.99, you'll get 2.9% in eCTM. If you buy something for $99.99, you're at 2.99%.

Anther example: Currently, you'd get 3.05% for a grocery purchase of $9.50. That will drop to 2.947%.

It's a bigger hit on non-grocery purchases, especially small ones. Purchases under 1 dollar will yield zero. A purchase of $1.99 will yield 0.5%. A purchase of 99.99 will yield 0.99%.

Etc.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12571 upvotes
Markham
sokolov wrote: It basically means that they will pay "3% minus 1 cent" on most grocery purchases. For small amounts, that's a bigger hit. (I'm looking at the World Elite card here.)

If you buy something for $9.99, you'll get 2.9% in eCTM. If you buy something for $99.99, you're at 2.99%.

Anther example: Currently, you'd get 3.05% for a grocery purchase of $9.50. That will drop to 2.947%.

It's a bigger hit on non-grocery purchases, especially small ones. Purchases under 1 dollar will yield zero. A purchase of $1.99 will yield 0.5%. A purchase of 99.99 will yield 0.99%.

Etc.
I am not very sure about it. Like most time, you buy multiple items in your grocery trip, plus some have tax, so 9.99 is just one items, but if you look at your overall grocery bill, it could be any number.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
Is Provident on the pay list? I dont seem to be able to find it.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Darn... have they ever verified income then?...
No DP from anyone that suggest so.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
LOL808 wrote: starting april 1, you will only get 11 cents ... Disappointed But Relieved Face
OMG NO<<<<<< I AM SO CANCELLING THIS CARD OMGWTFLOLBBQ.

Well, better than they closing the card i guess.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12571 upvotes
Markham
angel_wing0 wrote: OMG NO<<<<<< I AM SO CANCELLING THIS CARD OMGWTFLOLBBQ.

Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
angel_wing0 wrote: OMG NO<<<<<< I AM SO CANCELLING THIS CARD OMGWTFLOLBBQ.

Can I haz BBQ? :lol:

Seriously though, this is now my slot 3 card for domestic spend...not gonna sweat it. Will definitely not swap it with something else...
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
titaniumtux wrote: Can I haz BBQ? :lol:

Seriously though, this is now my slot 3 card for domestic spend...not gonna sweat it. Will definitely not swap it with something else...
Agreed, I have the CIBC Dividend Plat, so yeah i wont be using this card for groceries anyway.
Feb 17, 2014
264 posts
359 upvotes
Calgary
I'm continuously getting an error when I try to apply online for the WE card:
"Whoops, it looks like something went wrong and we weren't able to process your application today"

Has anyone successfully applied online recently?
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12571 upvotes
Markham
yycguy1 wrote: I'm continuously getting an error when I try to apply online for the WE card:
"Whoops, it looks like something went wrong and we weren't able to process your application today"

Has anyone successfully applied online recently?
A person posted above that he applied in January 26 and was approved

Another weekend glitch?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

rogerrabbit168