Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Triangle World Elite Mastercard No Fee w/ $75 CT Money (and Gold Roadside Assistance) via creditkarma.ca

[OP]
Sr. Member
Sep 8, 2006
806 posts
311 upvotes
Richmond

[Canadian Tire] Triangle World Elite Mastercard No Fee w/ $75 CT Money (and Gold Roadside Assistance) via creditkarma.ca

I accessed this offer via creditkarma.ca (while logged in)

I know there's the other $250 offer for the regular CT mastercard, however, that one doesn't have Gold Roadside Assistance, a $100/year perk. This is a no annual fee card, a great keeper. Also doesn't appear to have the 15k minimum annual spend that some other card issuers (Rogers) have added.

CT also won't let you upgrade from the regular card to World Elite - need to do a fresh application.

Image
171 replies
Member
Jul 8, 2013
366 posts
377 upvotes
AMHERST
CT continues to be the hardest card for me to get. Even at 780 my application has been denied 3 times.

Anyone have a trick to this? I’m now staying away from CT until I know the credit inquiry is worth it.
Member
Nov 12, 2017
495 posts
773 upvotes
Saint John, NB
joshfindit wrote: CT continues to be the hardest card for me to get. Even at 780 my application has been denied 3 times.

Anyone have a trick to this? I’m now staying away from CT until I know the credit inquiry is worth it.
I'm in the same boat. High credit score ( maybe 840 , last I checked,) denied 3 times. However, my wife was accepted on the first application.

If anything, she has one less credit card than me and a paid off loan in the past.
I have no loan history.
Newbie
Feb 17, 2019
16 posts
389 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: CT continues to be the hardest card for me to get. Even at 780 my application has been denied 3 times.

Anyone have a trick to this? I’m now staying away from CT until I know the credit inquiry is worth it.
stizarch wrote: I'm in the same boat. High credit score ( maybe 840 , last I checked,) denied 3 times. However, my wife was accepted on the first application.

If anything, she has one less credit card than me and a paid off loan in the past.
I have no loan history.
Apply without SIN number.
Sr. Member
Feb 1, 2008
847 posts
92 upvotes
While i didnt have too much trouble getting the card back then, i was surprised that after a few months they mailed me a letter to reduce my credit limit. And its not that it was a high limit, just that i wasnt using enough of it

The roadside assistance is good to have, but i feel its more of a complement and not replacement to CAA, as all they can do is towing.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16174 posts
21120 upvotes
Toronto
dubjk wrote: While i didnt have too much trouble getting the card back then, i was surprised that after a few months they mailed me a letter to reduce my credit limit. And its not that it was a high limit, just that i wasnt using enough of it

The roadside assistance is good to have, but i feel its more of a complement and not replacement to CAA, as all they can do is towing.
Also offered:
  • Fuel Delivery service
  • Flat Tire Change service
  • Battery Boost service
  • Lock out Service
  • Extrication/Winching service
  • Conference call ahead service
  • Trip accident assistance
  • Trip planning guides and maps

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/wor ... dside.html
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
3189 posts
2107 upvotes
stizarch wrote: I'm in the same boat. High credit score ( maybe 840 , last I checked,) denied 3 times. However, my wife was accepted on the first application.

If anything, she has one less credit card than me and a paid off loan in the past.
I have no loan history.
Weird I had no issues being approved, and my credit score isn’t that high. Also got a decent limit too.
Sr. Member
Jun 21, 2010
624 posts
455 upvotes
London
stizarch wrote: I'm in the same boat. High credit score ( maybe 840 , last I checked,) denied 3 times. However, my wife was accepted on the first application.

If anything, she has one less credit card than me and a paid off loan in the past.
I have no loan history.

I did not have a problem with a 832 score.
Are you over the $80,000/$130,000? That could be the reason.
Sr. Member
Oct 19, 2009
515 posts
514 upvotes
toronto
I will only get it if the card is Triangle shape.
Member
Nov 12, 2017
495 posts
773 upvotes
Saint John, NB
eforblue wrote: I will only get it if the card is Triangle shape.
You could cut the chip out in a triangle shape and use tap.
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 20, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I went through the process and was approved but don't see any confirmation of the $75 promo. Where can I see it so I know how long I have to make a purchase over $75?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11747 posts
2602 upvotes
I thought all Triangle MC has roadside assistance, am I wrong?
triangle-world-elite-mastercard-roadsid ... e-2272211/

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/wor ... dside.html
emmpeethree wrote: I accessehttps://forums.redflagdeals.com/canadian-tire-triangle-world-elite-mastercard-no-fee-w-75-ct-money-gold-roadside-assistance-via-creditkarma-ca-2496258/d this offer via creditkarma.ca (while logged in)

I know there's the other $250 offer for the regular CT mastercard, however, that one doesn't have Gold Roadside Assistance, a $100/year perk. This is a no annual fee card, a great keeper. Also doesn't appear to have the 15k minimum annual spend that some other card issuers (Rogers) have added.

CT also won't let you upgrade from the regular card to World Elite - need to do a fresh application.

Image
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11747 posts
2602 upvotes
thanks, so OP's roadside assistance is not really a special bonus from creditkarma, right?
Dhanushan wrote: Only Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard® has roadside assistance

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/wor ... dside.html
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2007
623 posts
175 upvotes
Port Colborne
Dhanushan wrote: Only Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard® has roadside assistance

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/wor ... dside.html
The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 1962155986929826614

L’adresse URL demandée a été rejetée. Veuillez consulter votre administrateur.

Votre numéro de soutien est: 1962155986929826614
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16174 posts
21120 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: thanks, so OP's roadside assistance is not really a special bonus from creditkarma, right?
Correct, it is not a special bonus from Credit Karma.
Destiny is all
Jr. Member
May 2, 2021
191 posts
224 upvotes
Interesting they’re offering me the regular triangle card and $50 bonus on $50 spend - score 851
Member
Feb 10, 2007
463 posts
200 upvotes
emmpeethree wrote: I accessed this offer via creditkarma.ca (while logged in)

I know there's the other $250 offer for the regular CT mastercard, however, that one doesn't have Gold Roadside Assistance, a $100/year perk. This is a no annual fee card, a great keeper. Also doesn't appear to have the 15k minimum annual spend that some other card issuers (Rogers) have added.
Approved, thanks! What does Rogers charge if you don't spend 15k? I have that CC, didn't know they snuck that 15k clause in.

Top