Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

Triangle World Elite Mastercard No Fee w/ $75 CT Money (and Gold Roadside Assistance) via creditkarma.ca

[OP]
Sep 8, 2006
800 posts
306 upvotes
Richmond

[Canadian Tire] Triangle World Elite Mastercard No Fee w/ $75 CT Money (and Gold Roadside Assistance) via creditkarma.ca

I accessed this offer via creditkarma.ca (while logged in)

I know there's the other $250 offer for the regular CT mastercard, however, that one doesn't have Gold Roadside Assistance, a $100/year perk. This is a no annual fee card, a great keeper. Also doesn't appear to have the 15k minimum annual spend that some other card issuers (Rogers) have added.

CT also won't let you upgrade from the regular card to World Elite - need to do a fresh application.

171 replies
Jul 8, 2013
245 posts
235 upvotes
AMHERST
CT continues to be the hardest card for me to get. Even at 780 my application has been denied 3 times.

Anyone have a trick to this? I’m now staying away from CT until I know the credit inquiry is worth it.
Nov 12, 2017
389 posts
549 upvotes
Saint John, NB
joshfindit wrote: CT continues to be the hardest card for me to get. Even at 780 my application has been denied 3 times.

Anyone have a trick to this? I’m now staying away from CT until I know the credit inquiry is worth it.
I'm in the same boat. High credit score ( maybe 840 , last I checked,) denied 3 times. However, my wife was accepted on the first application.

If anything, she has one less credit card than me and a paid off loan in the past.
I have no loan history.
Feb 17, 2019
10 posts
32 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: CT continues to be the hardest card for me to get. Even at 780 my application has been denied 3 times.

stizarch wrote: I'm in the same boat. High credit score ( maybe 840 , last I checked,) denied 3 times. However, my wife was accepted on the first application.

If anything, she has one less credit card than me and a paid off loan in the past.
I have no loan history.
Apply without SIN number.
Feb 1, 2008
804 posts
50 upvotes
While i didnt have too much trouble getting the card back then, i was surprised that after a few months they mailed me a letter to reduce my credit limit. And its not that it was a high limit, just that i wasnt using enough of it

The roadside assistance is good to have, but i feel its more of a complement and not replacement to CAA, as all they can do is towing.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9862 posts
11231 upvotes
Toronto
dubjk wrote: While i didnt have too much trouble getting the card back then, i was surprised that after a few months they mailed me a letter to reduce my credit limit. And its not that it was a high limit, just that i wasnt using enough of it

The roadside assistance is good to have, but i feel its more of a complement and not replacement to CAA, as all they can do is towing.
Also offered:
  • Fuel Delivery service
  • Flat Tire Change service
  • Battery Boost service
  • Lock out Service
  • Extrication/Winching service
  • Conference call ahead service
  • Trip accident assistance
  • Trip planning guides and maps

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/en/wor ... dside.html
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2525 posts
1155 upvotes
stizarch wrote: I'm in the same boat. High credit score ( maybe 840 , last I checked,) denied 3 times. However, my wife was accepted on the first application.

I have no loan history.
Weird I had no issues being approved, and my credit score isn’t that high. Also got a decent limit too.
Jun 21, 2010
457 posts
276 upvotes
London

I have no loan history.

I did not have a problem with a 832 score.
Are you over the $80,000/$130,000? That could be the reason.
Oct 19, 2009
422 posts
369 upvotes
toronto
I will only get it if the card is Triangle shape.
Nov 12, 2017
389 posts
549 upvotes
Saint John, NB
eforblue wrote: I will only get it if the card is Triangle shape.
You could cut the chip out in a triangle shape and use tap.
Sep 20, 2020
8 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I went through the process and was approved but don't see any confirmation of the $75 promo. Where can I see it so I know how long I have to make a purchase over $75?
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11287 posts
2286 upvotes
I thought all Triangle MC has roadside assistance, am I wrong?
triangle-world-elite-mastercard-roadsid ... e-2272211/

emmpeethree wrote: I accessehttps://forums.redflagdeals.com/canadian-tire-triangle-world-elite-mastercard-no-fee-w-75-ct-money-gold-roadside-assistance-via-creditkarma-ca-2496258/d this offer via creditkarma.ca (while logged in)

I know there's the other $250 offer for the regular CT mastercard, however, that one doesn't have Gold Roadside Assistance, a $100/year perk. This is a no annual fee card, a great keeper. Also doesn't appear to have the 15k minimum annual spend that some other card issuers (Rogers) have added.

CT also won't let you upgrade from the regular card to World Elite - need to do a fresh application.

Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11287 posts
2286 upvotes
thanks, so OP's roadside assistance is not really a special bonus from creditkarma, right?
Dhanushan wrote: Only Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard® has roadside assistance

Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Sep 29, 2007
597 posts
165 upvotes
Port Colborne
Dhanushan wrote: Only Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard® has roadside assistance

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 1962155986929826614

L’adresse URL demandée a été rejetée. Veuillez consulter votre administrateur.

Votre numéro de soutien est: 1962155986929826614
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9862 posts
11231 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: thanks, so OP's roadside assistance is not really a special bonus from creditkarma, right?
Correct, it is not a special bonus from Credit Karma.
May 2, 2021
60 posts
56 upvotes
Interesting they’re offering me the regular triangle card and $50 bonus on $50 spend - score 851
Feb 10, 2007
449 posts
193 upvotes
emmpeethree wrote: I accessed this offer via creditkarma.ca (while logged in)

Approved, thanks! What does Rogers charge if you don't spend 15k? I have that CC, didn't know they snuck that 15k clause in.