• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:50 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 5, 2017
515 posts
176 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: Perhaps.

For the roadside, you need to call and activate once you receive the CC. I received my roadside card within a week or so after activating the roadaide membership.
Any of you guys have any idea if it's possible to change from vehicle to member for the roadside?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Chandlerparsons wrote: Any of you guys have any idea if it's possible to change from vehicle to member for the roadside?
Yes, once a year, you have a 30 day window at card anniversary.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7092 upvotes
West GTEH!
Dynatos wrote: Perhaps.

For the roadside, you need to call and activate once you receive the CC. I received my roadside card within a week or so after activating the roadaide membership.
Thanks for the info about the roadside assistance card.
I activated roadside assistance plan by calling in. But the CS did not say anything about a roadside card being mailed out to me.
😎
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2985 posts
3186 upvotes
Ottawa
cashinstinct wrote: I don’t see hard pull From Canadian tire bank on transunion mytrueidentity.
They did a hard pull on my TU only.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2001
1100 posts
147 upvotes
New Brunswick
I thought there were some type of 10x / 25x etc eCTM offers each week, but this week I only got discounted item offers. Anyone else notice the same?
"Homer no function beer well without" -- Homer Simpson :D
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11668 posts
14021 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
shneebs wrote: I thought there were some type of 10x / 25x etc eCTM offers each week, but this week I only got discounted item offers. Anyone else notice the same?
I got the discount items offers on Thursday, then the bonus eCT money offers I think on Friday, maybe Saturday.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2001
1100 posts
147 upvotes
New Brunswick
coolintheshade wrote: I got the discount items offers on Thursday, then the bonus eCT money offers I think on Friday, maybe Saturday.
That sounds about right, but this week, no bonus eCTM offers for me.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
Karebear77 wrote: Do you get free shipping at Sport Chek with this card?
There was a promo on that earlier this year, but that's no more.

Actually missing the VIP/employee sales benefit on this card. Guess that's gone now.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
3653 posts
3048 upvotes
shneebs wrote: I thought there were some type of 10x / 25x etc eCTM offers each week, but this week I only got discounted item offers. Anyone else notice the same?
That happens some weeks.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
Does the $75 CT bonus credit karma link still work?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
I decided to call them to help them process my application that I did Sunday.

1 (800) 459-6415

I did not want to be rejected, so I tried my luck
(it was my 5th equifax hardpull in one month...)

I was asked many identify verification questions, even my last address (which was 8 years ago...), my cellphone company, which other credit cards I have, etc.

I received an email that I was approved during the call, $2,500 limit.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12574 upvotes
Markham
cashinstinct wrote: I decided to call them to help them process my application that I did Sunday.

1 (800) 459-6415

I did not want to be rejected, so I tried my luck
(it was my 5th equifax hardpull in one month...)

I was asked many identify verification questions, even my last address (which was 8 years ago...), my cellphone company, which other credit cards I have, etc.

I received an email that I was approved during the call, $2,500 limit.
Recently applied a few cards since end of june and found my score dropped 50 points lol
Mar 7, 2011
481 posts
436 upvotes
Ottawa
fruzmatik wrote: Does the $75 CT bonus credit karma link still work?
Yeah - I'm waiting for some kind of sign up bonus too. A sign up link for $75 I saw earlier in this thread finished at the end of July. Anyone got any other leads on sign up promotions?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6907 posts
5592 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote: Does the $75 CT bonus credit karma link still work?
Smokey6 wrote: Yeah - I'm waiting for some kind of sign up bonus too. A sign up link for $75 I saw earlier in this thread finished at the end of July. Anyone got any other leads on sign up promotions?
It worked for me when I applied on July 30th. Obviously YMMV
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
4070 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
Smokey6 wrote: Yeah - I'm waiting for some kind of sign up bonus too. A sign up link for $75 I saw earlier in this thread finished at the end of July. Anyone got any other leads on sign up promotions?
I guess we're all waiting for another sign up bonus. Didn't know about the bill payment features on this card until recently and I've been spending a ton of money at Can Tire after moving into a new place. C'mon Credit Karma, give us another sign up bonus!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2001
1100 posts
147 upvotes
New Brunswick
If you do any shopping at Sportchek, the $50 promo is still available there - see my previous posts - just add something to your cart on Sportchek.ca and then go to cart view - link is on the page (don’t need to complete purchase). Need to complete a min $50 purchase at Sportchek within 30 days (after receiving new card) and get $50 eCTM back - worked for me. Needed new running shoes anyway. :-)
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1621 posts
1786 upvotes
QC, Canada
Applied for the card. Application now in "PENDING" state :| Even 1k limit is fine. I only want this for RSA :)

Will call in tomorrow to find out else will wait for the decline letter in the mail :)

(Score: 723 in TU/EQ)
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12574 upvotes
Markham
sid8tive wrote: Applied for the card. Application now in "PENDING" state :| Even 1k limit is fine. I only want this for RSA :)

Will call in tomorrow to find out else will wait for the decline letter in the mail :)

(Score: 723 in TU/EQ)
I think mostly pending =low limit instead decline
Dec 26, 2019
859 posts
1522 upvotes
Two questions on the cc:

1. Can two members of the same household have two separate credit cards (and two separate roadside assistance plans) if both have 80k of income?

2. When applying, does all income sources count for the 80k requirements (ie dividend income)?

TIA
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
reversi wrote: Two questions on the cc:

1. Can two members of the same household have two separate credit cards (and two separate roadside assistance plans) if both have 80k of income?

2. When applying, does all income sources count for the 80k requirements (ie dividend income)?

TIA
  1. yes
  2. Does not specify. What you can do is put total income including dividends, and worry about whether it matters if CTFS ever asks for proof of income (which they won't)
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)