Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Truck Bed Mat - Good for workout room too - $62.99 - 48" L x 96" W x 1/4" D

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 7:56 pm
[OP]
Oct 1, 2006
52 posts
61 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Truck Bed Mat - Good for workout room too - $62.99 - 48" L x 96" W x 1/4" D

Technoflex Rubber Truck Mats are made with 100% recycled tires, and are extremely durable and impact resistant.

can be use for your workout room too
most store are out of stock - order now for 2 weeks pickup

FEATURES
Technoflex Rubber Heavy Duty Non-Slip Truck Mat is made from 100% recycled tires
Can be easily cut to fit into any truck bed or space
Anti-vibration to protect both your truck bed and the items you put in it
Textured finish to provide additional grip
Can be used for a variety of uses such as truck beds, trunks, work van floors, trailers, garage floor, exercise area flooring and more
Durable and reversable mat
Thickness: 1/4" (0.6 cm)
Size: 48" L x 96" W x 1/4" D (122 x 244 x 0.6 cm)
8 replies
Nov 26, 2014
13 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Avenger wrote: You are better off getting one that is 3/4" not 1/4" such as this https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/H11OTO10276 ... 24834.html or one from TSC. You may also want to consider getting one that is not made from 100% recycled tires due to the bad rubber smell it will have for many months/years.
I bought 2 of these 3/4" mats for a fitness room and while we did experience some off-gassing from the rubber, it was negligible after a short period of time. In my experience, the thicker 3/4" is much better for rigidity, stability, and sound deadening(Better for free weights). I would not recommend the thinner ones for use on carpet as they tend to slide around and be too soft. Obviously, if you are using this on a concrete floor or flooring of another type; your experience will vary. The mats are somewhat heavy and can be awkward for placement, but generally stay where you put them. Installation is manageable with one person but made easy with two.

Good luck!
Apr 10, 2009
715 posts
123 upvotes
Bought one of these for the workout area a month back, still sitting in the garage to off gas. Debating throwing it on my deck in the sun to speed things up.
Sep 27, 2019
68 posts
116 upvotes
Can you use these for workout areas in carpeted rooms to give more solidness or is it just to soften harder surfaces?

I've been having a tough time exercising on carpet because it's too soft. I do mostly bodyweight for weight and cardio (burpees etc)

Thanks for any insight, trying to prepare now working out from home in the winter
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3564 posts
2150 upvotes
Vancouver
The one from Costco seem better based on reviews (limited). Also I would trust products at Costco more than Canadian tire due to the ability to return (refer to shopping discussion threads on difficult returning at Canadian tires).
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13021 posts
6841 upvotes
Southern Ontario
For pickups I would only spend more and buy BedRug, I have it on my tailgate, really durable, washes off with a hose, custom fit.

Feb 6, 2007
463 posts
142 upvotes
Markham
Dirtypoodle wrote: Can you use these for workout areas in carpeted rooms to give more solidness or is it just to soften harder surfaces?

I've been having a tough time exercising on carpet because it's too soft. I do mostly bodyweight for weight and cardio (burpees etc)

Thanks for any insight, trying to prepare now working out from home in the winter
This mat is not soft. It's "hard" and heavy. This would make certainly be better than carpet for working out. But it's meant to be laid out and left. It's very heavy and hard to move around.