[Canadian Tire] TURTLE WAX HYBRID SOLUTIONS CERAMIC SPRAY COATING $22.89

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 6:53 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1149 posts
2367 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TLSRULZ wrote: Can we use these on glass shower doors ??
This product has hydrophobic properties making water bead. You want a hydrophilic treatment for glass in your home.

Hydrophobic is effective on cars because the force of the air around your moving car helps push beading droplets off of it.

On a stationary glass surface, water droplets will cause spotting on your glass. Hydrophilic treatment makes for a better option for home. Look up videos for the two treatment types To help you with your decision.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
May 3, 2010
70 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
Carzilla has great products and I highly recommend. Code "MFRESH" gives you an extra %5 off as well.
Aug 19, 2004
848 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
How do these new sprays compare to the old treatments

specifically; i've used NuFinish (polymer/ similar?) and Carnuba wax before.

Thanks, I haven't kept up with auto detailing
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2141 posts
517 upvotes
Montreal
Pulled trigger on Carzilla's website for the SnS and Hybrid Wax.

Let's see if it can replace Aero Cosmetics Wax all
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27676 posts
8019 upvotes
stephroll wrote: This or the Meguiar’s hybrid ceramic detailer spray for $20 At Princess Auto ?.

Never used any of these .
raphidy wrote: Is Turtle Wax much better? I just bought Meguiars HCW for 15$ at PA.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8870479e
Matth10 wrote: How’s this compare to the liquid version of Meguiars ceramic wax? Sounds like Turtle ceramic has the Meguiars spray version beat but liquid may be different?
Meguiars Liquid Ceramic Wax
LOL three people all asking nearly the same question, about the three different Meg's products. I bought all three Meg's ones but looks like ppl are saying here the TW is better? I dunno I haven't gotten to use them yet because it became spring and just turned back to winter here :rolleyes: I'm sure once it's time to go back to work it will warm up again :rolleyes:

Anyway sale is over at PA now it looks like so might as well get the TW stuff if you're still looking. Keep in mind there are three different Meg's products--the wax, the spray wax, and the detailer. This one would compete against the spray wax, presumably.
kleung21 wrote: How do these new sprays compare to the old treatments

specifically; i've used NuFinish (polymer/ similar?) and Carnuba wax before.

Thanks, I haven't kept up with auto detailing
Uhh well there's something to be said for "old-skool" stuff like carnauba as it's still used by many people. However NuFinish should not be used on any modern car paint.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2266 posts
758 upvotes
Mississauga
vancityguy0 wrote: This product has hydrophobic properties making water bead. You want a hydrophilic treatment for glass in your home.

Hydrophobic is effective on cars because the force of the air around your moving car helps push beading droplets off of it.

On a stationary glass surface, water droplets will cause spotting on your glass. Hydrophilic treatment makes for a better option for home. Look up videos for the two treatment types To help you with your decision.
Ah thanks... I don't want to OT this thread ... so if you have any suggestions on a hydrophilic treatment shoot me a PM. Thks
Aug 4, 2005
157 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Hi
Is it good for cars headlight ?
Ok any thing else.
Thanks
Jun 21, 2011
918 posts
856 upvotes
Vancouver
I found this at Walmart in Burnaby BC (lougheed mall location) for $19.97.

on mobile so cant really use stocktrack and such.
20200511_185415.jpg
20200511_185418.jpg
20200511_185511.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1796 posts
684 upvotes
Calgary
buymore4less wrote: Youtube video shows this is a bit longer lasting than Seal N Shine.
Good price at Carzilla $19.95 but shipping puts it above CT.
There is a referral link for $5 which makes up for shipping
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1796 posts
684 upvotes
Calgary
This stuff goes a long way.
2 quick sprays per panel.
As an aside here are frozen beads on my old Subie after a rain storm followed by cold Calgary May weather a couple of days ago.
Images
  • IMG_20200505_063656.jpg
Nov 19, 2004
122 posts
17 upvotes
Kelowna
I bought the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax from PA, but read that they don't have UV protection, but this TW Hybrid spray does, I already did the foundation layer for Meguiar's, I may add the second and subsequent layer with this TW hybrid
Nov 25, 2010
31 posts
33 upvotes
Hamilton
Try watching pan the organizer on YouTube arguably the most indepth detailer. You will see this stuff is the best there is. In one video he compares turtle wax to meguire VS mothers on a hood. Then he compares turtle was sns to this hybrid

Great info!
Feb 24, 2009
501 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
shaiedge wrote: Carzilla has great products and I highly recommend. Code "MFRESH" gives you an extra %5 off as well.
Thanks! I bought the black version of the Ceramic spray (been waiting for it to be available in Canada, who knew Carzilla had it?! :)). I also bought the black version of the polish.