Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Upcomig sale Dec. 8 -15: Dyson V15 Total Detect Cordless Vacuum With Laser on sale $849.99 ($150 0ff)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2022 9:16 pm
[OP]
Oct 14, 2007
546 posts
1109 upvotes
Thedford

[Canadian Tire] Upcomig sale Dec. 8 -15: Dyson V15 Total Detect Cordless Vacuum With Laser on sale $849.99 ($150 0ff)

Starting December 8 - 15, 2022 the Dyson V15 Total Detect Cordless Vacuum With Laser is on sale at Canadian Tire for $849.99 which is $150 off. This is for a new unit with a two year warranty. Although the CTC website is kind of vague, it appears you get the V15 floor head with a laser beam to show you where the dirt is, a small electric upholstery head, and a fluffy head for hardwood / ceramic floors as well as a crevice tool etc. It comes with one battery that is easily removed like that of a cordless drill. Extra batteries can be purchased separately but you probably won't need one.

This is indeed expensive for a cordless vacuum; but we paid more than this for the Dyson V11 outsize on sale two years ago. I can't directly comment on the V15 other than it is supposed to have a bit more raw suction than the V11. There is a gentleman on Youtube that has a channel called "Vacuum Wars" that does concise reviews on vacuum cleaners and has a review of the V15:

Here's the link at the Dyson Canada website: https://www.dysoncanada.ca/en/vacuum-cl ... otal-clean

What I can say, is based on two years use, I am very happy with the V11. It has performed well and replaced our old trusty Kenmore canister vacuum. I can easily clean the entire house (rug / hardwood / ceramic floors) on a single charge. No more fighting with a cord that always gets in the way or is too short. You can mount the Dyson in a convenient place and easily grab it for small cleaning jobs. The debris bin is easy to empty. With the newer Dyson general purpose power heads, I have not needed a soft roller to clean the hardwood or ceramic floors. I was leary about spending this much money on a vacuum, but if you value convenience / ease of use and can afford it, perhaps this might be for you. The Dyson has made vacuuming a much less dreary chore. If you have access to a 3D printer there are several hanging / storage and adapters can can be printed.

I've seen posts about refurbished Dysons and you may be able to save a bit of money going that route. In this case you are getting a new unit with a fresh battery and full warranty.

29 replies
[OP]
Oct 14, 2007
546 posts
1109 upvotes
Thedford
Yes, flyer takes effect Thursday December 8, 2022.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25024 posts
202509 upvotes
GTA
The V15 refurb is $799.99, so $50 more for brand new and the original accessories that they don't include with the refurbs is a no-brainer if you have to buy right now.

Having said that, the refurb was on sale for the equivalent of $590 or so pre tax during the eBay 20% off sale.
Jul 3, 2006
126 posts
74 upvotes
darcyh wrote: Yes, flyer takes effect Thursday December 8, 2022.
Have a link to said flyer? For some reason I can't find it (probably something I'm doing wrong)
Sep 6, 2020
51 posts
85 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Shark Stratos is an alternative at Costco that goes for $480. It doesn't have as many attachments, or the build quality of the Dyson, it doesn't store away cool, and it's two pounds heavier and bulkier. But it does come with a 5 year warranty, and vacuum wars gave it the top pick, probably as good as the V12 but the V15 would be better.
Sep 13, 2021
49 posts
230 upvotes
If you got a 25x multiplier for Triangle Rewards on vacuums this could be a very sizable points haul.
Jan 21, 2012
73 posts
80 upvotes
Victoria
kamaratu wrote: Have a link to said flyer? For some reason I can't find it (probably something I'm doing wrong)
I don't think the flyer has been posted online yet. But here's a photo of the deal from the physical flyer I received in the mail today.

Feb 2, 2022
98 posts
100 upvotes
Still regret that 699$ deal last Boxing Day at Walmart Crying Face
Apr 9, 2011
139 posts
134 upvotes
Victoria
FYI - @cadave posted a flyer for the upcoming CT sales. December 26 & 27 have 20% back in CT money on purchases, meaning at full price ($999.99) you would receive $199.99 back, you could also cash that immediately back in on another purchase during December 26 & 27 and would receive $40 CT money back if you spent all $199.99 of it. Same luck of the draw applies to personal offers as well (25x/10x/5x on vacuums).

December Triangle Rewards Events at Canadian Tire - Next Event: Dec 2: Spend $200, get $40 in CT Money.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1433 posts
2171 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: Why?
I'm assuming because the deal barely lasted 10 minutes before it sold out. So only couple people got the deal and I am assuming the person you quoted didn't score one during that period.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1928 posts
793 upvotes
I have a 10x and 5x vacuum offer this week, do these stack? I know the spend $X get $Y ones do.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1571 posts
1832 upvotes
GTA
echlon wrote: I have a 10x and 5x vacuum offer this week, do these stack? I know the spend $X get $Y ones do.
Yeah they stack.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1571 posts
1832 upvotes
GTA
dimigon wrote: FYI - @cadave posted a flyer for the upcoming CT sales. December 26 & 27 have 20% back in CT money on purchases, meaning at full price ($999.99) you would receive $199.99 back, you could also cash that immediately back in on another purchase during December 26 & 27 and would receive $40 CT money back if you spent all $199.99 of it. Same luck of the draw applies to personal offers as well (25x/10x/5x on vacuums).

December Triangle Rewards Events at Canadian Tire - Next Event: Dec 2: Spend $200, get $40 in CT Money.
December 8 - Spend $250, get $50 in CT Money
December 15 - Spend $250, get $50 in CT Money
December 26 and 27 - Spend $200+ and earn up to 20% in CT Money

What are the stipulations on the “UP TO” portion of the promo?
Apr 9, 2011
139 posts
134 upvotes
Victoria
Slono wrote: December 8 - Spend $250, get $50 in CT Money
December 15 - Spend $250, get $50 in CT Money
December 26 and 27 - Spend $200+ and earn up to 20% in CT Money

What are the stipulations on the “UP TO” portion of the promo?

I bet it's based on a certain spend range.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2018
1216 posts
2292 upvotes
I got the refurb for $699 directly from Dyson, got rakuten from it as well.

Complained enough to Dyson about some nonsense and they sent me an entire new machine with all the attachments and let me keep the other one. I now have two of them. Dysons customer service is insanely good.
Feb 25, 2015
470 posts
251 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Excellent machine.
I purchased it from CT during boxing last year.
The laser function is very useful in my opinion.
Highly recommended
Sep 28, 2009
463 posts
417 upvotes
Big heads up, I bought this unit early this year from a local Cdn Tire and suffered a known glitch regarding the power head. More info in this thread below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dyson/comments ... t_turn_on/

Worse was how Dyson Customer Service handled it.

Thankfully we got it returned directly at the retailer and fully refunded.

Just be aware.