Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Various Bikes on Clearance @$199 CCM Vector, Dimmer and others YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2023 12:38 pm
Sep 6, 2007
186 posts
65 upvotes
Sherwood Park

[Canadian Tire] Various Bikes on Clearance @$199 CCM Vector, Dimmer and others YMMV

Hey Gang!
Canadian Tire is clearing out an excess of their bikes. There are some outlets that have some nicer CCM bikes at $329 and up, but there are others that have them at $199.96 and less. The Leduc Canadian Tire here in Alberta is an example of one store that has the $199.96 prices with lots of inventory. I bought the CCM Vector, which I had been looking at last summer ($349) for $199. It has Shimano components, an aluminum frame, alloy cranks, and disc brakes. Don't see how you can go wrong for $200 bucks. Also bought myself the CCM Dimmer which is similar to the Vector, but with a front shock. Many others on sale - the Supercycle brand has models at $179.99, but I'm not a big fan of that cheaper brand. I also like the Shimano rapid fire shifters over the twist grip shifters.
The CCM SL 2.0 is also an interesting Mountain Bike like the Dimmer, but with front and rear suspension. It is 10 lbs heavier. I doubt anyone would be using a brand like CCM at this level for serious off road recreation.
My Daughters CCM Krossport bike is still going strong, but at this price, I couldn't resist getting her a new one. They want $80 for a new set of tires anyway.....
Last edited by ArnRimmer on Feb 6th, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Nov 20, 2017
885 posts
1163 upvotes
Good price! But I couldn't found the CCM Vector in $199.96. Mind post a link? Thanks!
Sep 6, 2007
186 posts
65 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Tony98 wrote: Good price! But I couldn't found the CCM Vector in $199.96. Mind post a link? Thanks!
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ccm- ... 1775p.html

If you click the link and enter your postal code, you can see what your local store is selling them for. You can also check nearby stores to see if they may be selling them cheaper. Not sure why there is such a difference between locations. You can choose Leduc Alberta to see what the cheaper prices I have found are. Perhaps they may pricematch?
Nov 20, 2017
885 posts
1163 upvotes
ArnRimmer wrote: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ccm- ... 1775p.html

If you click the link and enter your postal code, you can see what your local store is selling them for. You can also check nearby stores to see if they may be selling them cheaper. Not sure why there is such a difference between locations. You can choose Leduc Alberta to see what the cheaper prices I have found are. Perhaps they may pricematch?
Thank you! The store near me is $649.99 but I saw other store has $200. I'm interested in mountain bike. Thanks anyway!
Feb 10, 2011
23 posts
30 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought a CCM Sector for $249. A CT nearest me had it for $549. Aluminum frame and double alloy rims. Similar specs at a bike shop near me starts at $600. Yes I know CT stinks at assembly and I'll have to go over everything, but I'm not a serious cyclist just a recreational bike rider. Thanks OP.
Nov 20, 2002
873 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
Bikes at "bike shops" cost more because they come with parts that are repairable. Most of the bikes that C-Tire sells (and others like Walmart) are very difficult, if not impossible to fix. Sure the bike will get you through a season or two without too much trouble, but when things go bad you have to throw the bike in dumpster and start all over again. Not great for the bike or you. Just some thoughts to consider....
Jul 14, 2022
14 posts
12 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Does anybody know how these compare with Northrock bikes at Costco? I understand that they start $450 onwards (when on sale) but which ones are better?
Aug 24, 2007
66 posts
32 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks for posting this OP. I picked up my $199.98 Men's CCM Vector road bike this afternoon from the Canadian Tire at Burlington Fairview. For the casual rider (like me), it appears to be a pretty decent deal.

For anyone looking to find out the lowest clearance prices on any of the CT bikes, I highly recommend using Stocktrack to find the lowest price in a particular area.

Stocktrack Canadian Tire

Just fill in the 7 digit product number (from the CT website) for the bike(s) you're looking into, change the store distance to however far you're willing to go to get a good price, press "Check", then click at the top of the "Price" column to sort from lowest price to highest price. I used a store distance of 100 km and found the lowest price store was 54 km from me. It was worth the drive to me based on the higher pricing at closer stores. Hope this helps.
Aug 5, 2017
610 posts
760 upvotes
Go the decathlon you will get better value for your money
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4610 posts
3080 upvotes
frenk927 wrote: Go the decathlon you will get better value for your money
i doubt that you can find a better value in the $200.00 range for a completely new bike that you can ride a few years and sell it on marketplace for half.
Jun 2, 2020
588 posts
3369 upvotes
Anyone knows what the difference between CCM slope hardtrail vs CCM FS dimmer hardtrail?
Oct 19, 2022
7 posts
30 upvotes
Gatineau
From what I can understand it's basically just the wheel size. 26" vs 27.5"
Dec 18, 2011
578 posts
645 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Seriously people should stop buying those crap bike! They should be illegal to sell!

-they are badly constructed and assembled and hazardous

-they always finish on the landfil after 3 years!

-market will be good this summer and you will probably score better bikes on marketplace from real brand at this price. And old norco hardtail from 2008 will be a better choice with better component!
Aug 5, 2017
610 posts
760 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: i doubt that you can find a better value in the $200.00 range for a completely new bike that you can ride a few years and sell it on marketplace for half.
i see your point, depend what you call a 'ride'
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2569 posts
1818 upvotes
Waterloo
Good day to buy a clearance bike today - 30x CT money if you have a Triangle credit card (12% back).

Bought the CCM dimmer at a local store for $249.98 and got $30 CTM back.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Oct 19, 2022
7 posts
30 upvotes
Gatineau
If someone is in the Ottawa-Gatineau area and is looking for the CCM Slope Mountain Bike product number #071-1096-6, let me know. Bought for 159.99 and will gladly offer it to a fellow RFDer before returning it to the store.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
2886 posts
23508 upvotes
Not sure if I've seen this model posted in here
CCM Hardline Hardtail Mountain Bike, Black, 21-Speed, 27.5-in
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0711706
as low as $160 (reg 450) --- I'm seeing it more often around 200 when on sale just fyi
I don't recommend this for anything other than very casual use
Dec 12, 2011
552 posts
478 upvotes
NEPEAN
kingsford wrote: Not sure if I've seen this model posted in here
CCM Hardline Hardtail Mountain Bike, Black, 21-Speed, 27.5-in
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0711706
as low as $160 (reg 450) --- I'm seeing it more often around 200 when on sale just fyi
I don't recommend this for anything other than very casual use
The frame is steel. The bike package weighs about 20kg, so the bike is probably around 18kg, which is very heavy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)