Some of you guys prefer Team Yellow over generic brands. A slightly warm deal:
DeWalt 1/2 Inch Torque Wrench and 24" Breaker Bar
20 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45029 posts
3604 upvotes
Toronto
Rumor has it the PA Torque Wrench for $20 is coming back sometime this month.. I think you can find 24" breaker bars for $10 to $15 either at PA or CT when on sale.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Jimboski wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 2:32 pm
Rumor has it the PA Torque Wrench for $20 is coming back sometime this month.. I think you can find 24" breaker bars for $10 to $15 either at PA or CT when on sale.
Yes.
CT has these every year. I've been using their 17" ratcheting one for the past 8 years. It's not the the smoothest mechanism but does the job 2x a year + Mastercraft offers a tool trade-in if it breaks.
This too, is on sale this week for $29
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23838 posts
10255 upvotes
Ottawa
Not sure if a Dewalt torque wrench is worth a premium?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23838 posts
10255 upvotes
Ottawa
Jimboski wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 2:48 pm
You can be the guinea pig!
Too rich for my blood.
I bought the Mastercraft+breaker bar set last year for $59.99.
Dec 10, 2009
473 posts
1113 upvotes
Van Isle
Ice cold deal. PA torque wrench for $19.99 is the way to go for tires. It goes on sale 4 times a year.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8331 posts
6877 upvotes
Oakville
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 2:46 pm
Not sure if a Dewalt torque wrench is worth a premium?
Probably not. I've been using the Mastercraft one for over 10 years with a few cars to work on and track days. Recently chequed the torque settings on a pro calibration tool as it's still spot on. Always leave your torque wrench set to zero when not in use and never use it to loosen.
May 29, 2018
15 posts
2 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 4:08 pm
Probably not. I've been using the Mastercraft one for over 10 years with a few cars to work on and track days. Recently chequed the torque settings on a pro calibration tool as it's still spot on. Always leave your torque wrench set to zero when not in use and never use it to loosen.
Leave your torque wrench to zero for Dewalt is 20 setting right ? which is the lowest.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8331 posts
6877 upvotes
Oakville
HardWorkPaysOff wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 4:19 pm
Leave your torque wrench to zero for Dewalt is 20 setting right ? which is the lowest.
Yes, lowest setting.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1108 posts
179 upvotes
Burlington
I was considering buying this torque wrench before because my Mastercraft Maximum one that I've had for about 10 years has started to act up. Sometimes it just refuses to click, so when tightening lug nuts it might click on the first and second nut, but then on the 3rd it will decide not to click, causing you to over tighten if you're not careful. I broke a bolt off once when tightening a motor mount because it didn't click and I was being careless and kept putting more pressure on it thinking "it should have clicked by now...SNAP!" Anyway, the lifetime warranty on the Mastercraft Maximum is only useful if the ratcheting mechanism fails or something. Intermittent calibration issues are not covered so I'm SOL.

On the DeWalt website if you look at the Torque Wrench page, it has the "FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY" logo. And if you click on it, it says all their mechanics tools have full lifetime warranties, no questions asked, no proof of purchase necessary." But then when you visit the page for the 1/2 inch torque wrench that logo isn't present. Also according to Canadian Tire, the DeWalt torque wrench only has a 1 year warranty.

I called DeWalt to confirm if it is indeed a full lifetime warranty like their website says, or if Canadian Tire is correct that it is really only a 1 year warranty. After putting me on hold for awhile they came back and confirmed that the DeWalt torque wrenches only have a 1 year warranty.

So far the only decent looking torque wrench I can find that actually has a full lifetime warranty is the Husky brand sold by Home Depot.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1166 posts
675 upvotes
Waterloo
got maxmium torque wrench + breaker bar for 50 or 60. goes on sale for this price pretty often.
Oct 31, 2013
345 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Sicklyslick wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 12:27 am
got maxmium torque wrench + breaker bar for 50 or 60. goes on sale for this price pretty often.
Sorry for the silly question:

Are the torque wrench + break bar currently $60 +$30 at Canadian tire ?
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1351 posts
211 upvotes
I just got a Princess Auto flyer in my mailbox and it is going to be $20 for a breaker bar. Presumably the sale starts next Tuesday.