Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] Warm -Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights Mr Beams $25 until end of Nov 28th regular price $35

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2019 10:20 am
[OP]
Jan 1, 2014
25 posts
19 upvotes
TORONTO

[Canadian Tire] Warm -Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights Mr Beams $25 until end of Nov 28th regular price $35

This is an outdoor LED spotlight with a sensitive and quick motion sensor. It runs for
many months on three D cells.
These are in the "early Black Friday Weekend" flyer, expiring
at the end of 28th November, page 26-27 or so.
Not all stores have stock. It appears that some stores have 16 units, 8 white and
8 black.
I purchased one after a Thursday search at a local store, Leslie and Lakeshore east end Toronto
Found that the items were lost or else still on a skid that had not been opened yet.
Stock level showed 8 of each. But no purchase for me that visit, no luck.
So I ordered on line one of the white ones. Next morning it seems that they found the stock
and so I got a email that I could pick it up at the customer order pickup. On Friday I mounted
it high on the outside back wall using the limit of my ladder and my electric battery drill etc.
We were quite pleased with the result and the light is good. It works only at night.
For about two years I have had a similar light from the same brand and it works OK
and the batteries last about 10 months more or less until the light starts to dim.
On that one I remedied a problem which I might write about later.
On a visit to the store today Nov. 24 the staff took a long time to find the item, and
I could then purchase a second light. They are hiding in the back warehouse and not
on display. - some funny business here.
If someone purchases this I suggest that they should order on line for in store pickup
in order to get the low price before it expires.
The regular price is about $35 and the same on A,,,z.n
The installation instructions are inside the housing where the 3 D cells are kept. So
you have to open it up to find that and the mounting screws. There is no indication of
this on the package. It is hard to open the unit. You have to twist two parts to
get it open and it takes some force.
I should point out that there is now available similar outdoor lights which can be
triggered using a Wifi app on the local network, as well as by the motion sensor.
These are much more costly but are a good option for those who want it.
The $25 unit here is simple and works well, but has no networking, no camera and
no complex setup. NO wiring required and very seldom needs new batteries.
In case some one would like it , I can write up my description on how to prepare it
for installation and my other findings to keep the thing running well.
Please let me know with a posting here that you bought one.
Last edited by Z240zz on Nov 25th, 2019 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
3 replies
Jul 22, 2019
823 posts
759 upvotes
3 D batteries. Yea batteries won’t last long in cold. You’ll need a ton of batteries
[OP]
Jan 1, 2014
25 posts
19 upvotes
TORONTO
simplypop wrote: 3 D batteries. Yea batteries won’t last long in cold. You’ll need a ton of batteries
Answer: The 3 D cells last at least 10 *ten* months in my experience with the almost identical
one from Mr Beams I installed two years ago. Summer or winter, both OK .
The package claims one year battery duration , given eight operations per day.
I agree with this.
best regards.