[Canadian Tire] Winter Tire clearance on selected style/size

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2020 11:41 am
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3762 posts
1094 upvotes
Oshawa
secretalcoholic wrote: Pay attention to manufacturing date folks, CT is known to sell some tires that have been in storage more than 5 years.
That's why you look at the DOT first and do not let them install the rubber .... take the rubber elsewhere. I made that mistake at Premier Wheels Direct with my set of Falken Espia and also bought rims from them ... Bought in 2015 and the DOT on them all were from 2010!

n0thing wrote: When we pick up the tires in store, can we refuse/refund the order if the DOT is too old?

Yes you can refuse your order ... it's just like buying something and you don't like it .. it can be refunded right away!

plymouthhater wrote: Make sure NOT to have CT install them unless you want:
Scratched/Damaged Rims
A list of recommended services.
That is why you do not go there for anything that they can touch your car with! Even an oil change at CT is dangerous!
16' x 11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling w/ a 65" Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers (FR+FL). Polk Audio S35 (Center). Klipsch R51M (RR+RL). Klipsch R14M (Dolby FHR+Dolby FHL). Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x 2.
Jan 21, 2007
590 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
How long can winter tires last during normal use during winter?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18210 posts
8069 upvotes
Oakville
Nice, grabbed a set of Xi3's for the new Stinger. Now I just need to find some wheels.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jul 30, 2019
64 posts
117 upvotes
Clarkson
235/45/18 are still 775.24$, waiting for cheaper price
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2491 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
is there $70 cashback on Costco tires on the top of 20% off?
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Jul 30, 2019
64 posts
117 upvotes
Clarkson
Yes, it’s a good price but hope it will be cheaper in November or December :)
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1126 posts
602 upvotes
Oakville
Vovchyk wrote: Yes, it’s a good price but hope it will be cheaper in November or December :)
Just before winter sets in and everyone is looking for winter tires?
Aug 7, 2013
690 posts
154 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
wearysky wrote: Nice, grabbed a set of Xi3's for the new Stinger. Now I just need to find some wheels.
any idea where to get reasonably priced steel wheels? I'm ordering new tires through Costco and looking for a cheap set of steel rims.
Nov 26, 2014
50 posts
46 upvotes
Collingwood ON
JagStyles wrote: any idea where to get reasonably priced steel wheels? I'm ordering new tires through Costco and looking for a cheap set of steel rims.
Costco also sells cheap steel wheels through the company that they partner with for rims. Bought a set last year. Only seemed to have smaller sizes however.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18210 posts
8069 upvotes
Oakville
JagStyles wrote: any idea where to get reasonably priced steel wheels? I'm ordering new tires through Costco and looking for a cheap set of steel rims.
Haven't found any yet. I'm looking for 18" and it looks like in that size, everybody is focusing on alloys.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Aug 1, 2016
13 posts
10 upvotes
Are the goodyear nordic tires a deal @ 104$? 195/65/15

Also how old is too old for the manufacture date?
Dec 25, 2012
439 posts
435 upvotes
Ontario
plymouthhater wrote: Make sure NOT to have CT install them unless you want:
Scratched/Damaged Rims
A list of recommended services.
bad advise, you can't generalize all CT do that. Had poor experiences at Costco Tire shop - doesn't mean they all bad. Depends on place. Also, you won't get the roadside warranty if you don't make them install it, that is worth it for flats and replacements!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)