Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

WORX WX051 Pegasus Folding Work Table $99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 2:41 pm
Nov 10, 2003
238 posts
137 upvotes
New Westminster

[Canadian Tire] WORX WX051 Pegasus Folding Work Table $99

Also available at Rona if you prefer airmiles.

https://www.rona.ca/en/pegasus-multi-fu ... e-32515096

Was same price at Amazon a few weeks ago but lowest price it's ever been. I grabbed one and it's an amazing table.

Product write up
Versatile Worx(TM) Pegasus work table that may be used as a sawhorse and work bench. Equipped with clamping system to secure any material firmly. 2 Universal quick clamps. Compact and lightweight design for quick and easy transporation and storage. Folding tray for tool storage. Table joiner link to lock several tables together. Quick and easy setup. Max clamping wdith: 18" (45.7 cm). 6-year warranty.
21 replies
Jul 2, 2011
132 posts
64 upvotes
Thornhill
Bought this a couple years ago for about $130. Love it! Compact, relatively light but very sturdy. Amongst other things, used it in a small bedroom to make a small desk and outside for making various benches and garden boxes.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
How does this compare to the Keter table? Costco has it for $60 or $69 in store.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2061 upvotes
Got this for Bfriday and used it all weekend. Solid and works well. Thinking about getting one more to link them up.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1241 posts
620 upvotes
The 6ix
wheelz wrote: How does this compare to the Keter table? Costco has it for $60 or $69 in store.
Do you see this online at Costco. I can't find it on their website
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1241 posts
620 upvotes
The 6ix
wheelz wrote: How does this compare to the Keter table? Costco has it for $60 or $69 in store.
Do you see this online at Costco. I can't find it on their website
Nov 14, 2006
735 posts
820 upvotes
I had the same question and the answer is WORX is better per head-to-head YouTube demo below. Keter workbench is cheaper available at the Costco warehouse but the design & features are better with WORX Pegasus workbench. Only thing better is workbench capacity of 1000 lb for Keter vs. 300 lb for WORX. The $99 price is also available from WORX direct but with additional shipping charge.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... NcOIZwrAuB
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
vr_nguyen wrote: Do you see this online at Costco. I can't find it on their website
It's in store.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2340 posts
1389 upvotes
Ottawa
Canadian Tire has a $50 promo card offer in store with $200 spending on Thursday if stock lasts that long.
Sep 11, 2017
169 posts
137 upvotes
Have had a Worx table for a couple years also. Really like it and would consider getting a second at this price. A couple things to note:

1) don't expect the clamps to actually do anything. They don't provide enough clamping pressure to glue boards together and they can't hold a workpiece tight enough to saw accurately with a handsaw. They wobble significantly in the tracks. Even with a something like a circular saw, you're better off clamping the piece with your hand or arm.

2) You can't secure a clamp under the table, either, it is hollow. There's no solid surface for a clamp to contact, and there's very little flat surface area for you to stick a board underneath so you can secure a clamp.

That YouTube video comparison mentions the clamps being more rugged, but they're basically useless. As a sturdy table, great. As a workbench for any kind of fine woodworking or clamping surface, nope.
Nov 14, 2006
735 posts
820 upvotes
Otugrapes wrote: Have had a Worx table for a couple years also. Really like it and would consider getting a second at this price. A couple things to note:

1) don't expect the clamps to actually do anything. They don't provide enough clamping pressure to glue boards together and they can't hold a workpiece tight enough to saw accurately with a handsaw. They wobble significantly in the tracks. Even with a something like a circular saw, you're better off clamping the piece with your hand or arm.

2) You can't secure a clamp under the table, either, it is hollow. There's no solid surface for a clamp to contact, and there's very little flat surface area for you to stick a board underneath so you can secure a clamp.

That YouTube video comparison mentions the clamps being more rugged, but they're basically useless. As a sturdy table, great. As a workbench for any kind of fine woodworking or clamping surface, nope.
Great. My wallet is safe. I will stick to the workmate and my own fold over table.
Images
  • E7E296A7-0D5D-44B8-98DF-A60B185A0C72.jpeg
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
708 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks for the note about Rona. I was able to use up and old gift card.
Aug 29, 2001
591 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
Otugrapes wrote: Have had a Worx table for a couple years also. Really like it and would consider getting a second at this price. A couple things to note:

This is really good information. I don't have much use for this if I can't use its own clamps reliably or even use my own clamps on it flexibly!
Nov 28, 2011
398 posts
480 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Has it's place for small projects and it's portable.
I still like my Workmate 400 for it's weight.
For a larger work projects, I just set up 2 saw horses.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3236 posts
1612 upvotes
Picked this up last year and it’s sturdy. Like otugrapes said though, it has its flaws. It’s a perfect portable table, but not a replacement for an actual work table. I keep mine in my shed and take it out so I can use my power tools outside in my backyard.
Oct 1, 2006
109 posts
161 upvotes
I have the Keter I really like it. Use it with my chop saw all the time. It's $69.99 with lots of in-store stock at the Woodbine Costco. I was looking at the Worx, but at the time the Keter was cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9290 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
i have it and no possible to clamp anything on the bench..
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I spent about ten minutes playing with an assembled Worx table at a quiet Canadian Tire store last night. I decided not to buy it. Reasons:

1) Main issue is the the lack of spots to clamp onto. The included trigger clamps are light duty, and that's being kind. The way the table is designed, with hollowed out bottom, there are no easy places to attach C clamps onto.
2) As a 'portable' table, it's not actually that small or light. Still weighs 30 lbs and is several inches thick when folded up.
3) $100 is still not super cheap for what you are getting IMHO.

So I will stick with sawhorses for now.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
jpacker wrote: I have the Keter I really like it. Use it with my chop saw all the time. It's $69.99 with lots of in-store stock at the Woodbine Costco. I was looking at the Worx, but at the time the Keter was cheaper.
Does the Keter have more convenient places to attach C clamps and other clamps? If so, I will buy that one.

A work table that doesn't support clamps well is useless IMHO, not sure why the Worx has so many positive reviews.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)