• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 2:41 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2003
135 posts
77 upvotes
New Westminster

[Canadian Tire] WORX WX051 Pegasus Folding Work Table $99

Also available at Rona if you prefer airmiles.

https://www.rona.ca/en/pegasus-multi-fu ... e-32515096

Was same price at Amazon a few weeks ago but lowest price it's ever been. I grabbed one and it's an amazing table.

Product write up
Versatile Worx(TM) Pegasus work table that may be used as a sawhorse and work bench. Equipped with clamping system to secure any material firmly. 2 Universal quick clamps. Compact and lightweight design for quick and easy transporation and storage. Folding tray for tool storage. Table joiner link to lock several tables together. Quick and easy setup. Max clamping wdith: 18" (45.7 cm). 6-year warranty.
21 replies
Jul 2, 2011
46 posts
17 upvotes
Thornhill
Bought this a couple years ago for about $130. Love it! Compact, relatively light but very sturdy. Amongst other things, used it in a small bedroom to make a small desk and outside for making various benches and garden boxes.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1646 posts
497 upvotes
Woodbridge
How does this compare to the Keter table? Costco has it for $60 or $69 in store.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2874 posts
1566 upvotes
Got this for Bfriday and used it all weekend. Solid and works well. Thinking about getting one more to link them up.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1115 posts
465 upvotes
The 6ix
wheelz wrote:
Dec 10th, 2019 7:18 pm
How does this compare to the Keter table? Costco has it for $60 or $69 in store.
Do you see this online at Costco. I can't find it on their website
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1115 posts
465 upvotes
The 6ix
wheelz wrote:
Nov 14, 2006
186 posts
197 upvotes
Montreal
wheelz wrote:
I had the same question and the answer is WORX is better per head-to-head YouTube demo below. Keter workbench is cheaper available at the Costco warehouse but the design & features are better with WORX Pegasus workbench. Only thing better is workbench capacity of 1000 lb for Keter vs. 300 lb for WORX. The $99 price is also available from WORX direct but with additional shipping charge.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... NcOIZwrAuB
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1646 posts
497 upvotes
Woodbridge
vr_nguyen wrote:
Dec 10th, 2019 8:18 pm
It's in store.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1999 posts
971 upvotes
Ottawa
Canadian Tire has a $50 promo card offer in store with $200 spending on Thursday if stock lasts that long.
Sep 11, 2017
53 posts
57 upvotes
Have had a Worx table for a couple years also. Really like it and would consider getting a second at this price. A couple things to note:

1) don't expect the clamps to actually do anything. They don't provide enough clamping pressure to glue boards together and they can't hold a workpiece tight enough to saw accurately with a handsaw. They wobble significantly in the tracks. Even with a something like a circular saw, you're better off clamping the piece with your hand or arm.

2) You can't secure a clamp under the table, either, it is hollow. There's no solid surface for a clamp to contact, and there's very little flat surface area for you to stick a board underneath so you can secure a clamp.

That YouTube video comparison mentions the clamps being more rugged, but they're basically useless. As a sturdy table, great. As a workbench for any kind of fine woodworking or clamping surface, nope.
Nov 14, 2006
186 posts
197 upvotes
Montreal
Otugrapes wrote:
Dec 10th, 2019 8:53 pm
Have had a Worx table for a couple years also. Really like it and would consider getting a second at this price. A couple things to note:

1) don't expect the clamps to actually do anything. They don't provide enough clamping pressure to glue boards together and they can't hold a workpiece tight enough to saw accurately with a handsaw. They wobble significantly in the tracks. Even with a something like a circular saw, you're better off clamping the piece with your hand or arm.

2) You can't secure a clamp under the table, either, it is hollow. There's no solid surface for a clamp to contact, and there's very little flat surface area for you to stick a board underneath so you can secure a clamp.

That YouTube video comparison mentions the clamps being more rugged, but they're basically useless. As a sturdy table, great. As a workbench for any kind of fine woodworking or clamping surface, nope.
Great. My wallet is safe. I will stick to the workmate and my own fold over table.
Images
  • E7E296A7-0D5D-44B8-98DF-A60B185A0C72.jpeg
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1651 posts
238 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks for the note about Rona. I was able to use up and old gift card.
Aug 29, 2001
398 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Otugrapes wrote:
Dec 10th, 2019 8:53 pm

This is really good information. I don't have much use for this if I can't use its own clamps reliably or even use my own clamps on it flexibly!
Nov 28, 2011
384 posts
468 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Has it's place for small projects and it's portable.
I still like my Workmate 400 for it's weight.
For a larger work projects, I just set up 2 saw horses.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2350 posts
672 upvotes
Picked this up last year and it’s sturdy. Like otugrapes said though, it has its flaws. It’s a perfect portable table, but not a replacement for an actual work table. I keep mine in my shed and take it out so I can use my power tools outside in my backyard.