Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] (YMMV) $100 bonus CT Money on spending $250 (Pre-Tax) at Auto Service Center

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2021 5:36 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 6, 2017
68 posts
120 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] (YMMV) $100 bonus CT Money on spending $250 (Pre-Tax) at Auto Service Center

I believe this is YMMV (Edit: YMMV confirmed) because it says "Activate offer" that takes me to Triangle rewards website. Worth checking your emails or triangle offers.

** Head over to any Canadian Tire Auto Service Centre between Jan. 28- Feb. 10, 2021 and get prepared for the challenging weather to come!

Collect $100 In Bonus CT Money when you spend $250 (pre-tax)

Offer available on in-store qualifying automotive service purchases (including labour and installed parts & tires) when you use your Triangle RewardsTM card.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by kodalidatta on Jan 29th, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6126 posts
6064 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Instant ban for posting Canadian Tire auto service, friends don't let friends go there for anything
Sep 9, 2016
271 posts
549 upvotes
Leask
I guess you can put that $100 towards fixing whatever they break the first time around.
[OP]
Jun 6, 2017
68 posts
120 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: Instant ban for posting Canadian Tire auto service, friends don't let friends go there for anything
Lol. Thought about it before posting Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat . CT related posts always have these long arguments between people.

Well, anyway., I believe CT's are franchise model. Some locations are different than others. I always had very good experience with CT for past 5 years & Never had a issue (Brand new store).

Except Once, had bad experience for oil change (free with roadside assistance). Booked in my vehicle for oil change, was roaming in-store waiting for vehicle. Got a call after an hour saying there is no dip stick for my vehicle (BMW's dont have one. They have sensor). told them it will not have a dip stick. Then Manager comes out and tells me Canadian tire doesnot do oil change for BMW 🤷. I always had it changed at canadian tire, but at different location. Called that location and got it changed the very same day.
[OP]
Jun 6, 2017
68 posts
120 upvotes
melikeydeals wrote: I guess you can put that $100 towards fixing whatever they break the first time around.
Lol. Worth checking email or offers. I am gonna put it towards new winter tires i was interested in. Continental on sale (45%off) for my vehicle size + $100 bonus from this offer. I guess nothing much to screw up Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat in new tires.
Sep 9, 2016
271 posts
549 upvotes
Leask
kodalidatta wrote: Lol. Worth checking email or offers. I am gonna put it towards new winter tires i was interested in. Continental on sale (45%off) for my vehicle size + $100 bonus from this offer. I guess nothing much to screw up Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat in new tires.
Until you drive away from the garage and see one of your wheels fall off. I've seen it happen! They forgot to tighten the lug nuts. They made it right, but the person that it happened to was not overly impressed that they were minus one wheel in the Canadian tire parking lot and had to wait for them to put new brake rotors on the vehicle and reinstall the wheel and fix whatever other minor damage there was.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14273 posts
4018 upvotes
Scarberia
wow, isn't this pretty hot if ur buying winter tires?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5591 posts
3647 upvotes
kodalidatta wrote: Lol. Worth checking email or offers. I am gonna put it towards new winter tires i was interested in. Continental on sale (45%off) for my vehicle size + $100 bonus from this offer. I guess nothing much to screw up Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat in new tires.
My mom got a tire from them once. They didnt seal it properly and the tire constantly leaked. Went back and had to argue it was not sealed properly. Eventually they agreed to redo it.

Got it back and it was still leaking. Went to a real tire place. Got it done quickly and never had a problem after that.

Buy the tires there. Install it somewhere else.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3569 posts
999 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to purchase $250 worth of oil/tires from the service side to get this deal

How much would labour be to place the items in your trunk
Nov 4, 2006
420 posts
466 upvotes
Vancouver
Usual promo is % off tires, possible rebate and increased CT money. For comparison, I purchased 4 Yokahama for around $640 with $70 rebate. Received around $100 CT money that I used for the installation cost. Benefit here is the lower spend limit if you can work it to your advantage in some fashion
Mar 3, 2017
51 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
The $100 in CT money will almost make up for the $300 in damage they cause... Or you can choose to put that $100 towards having a real mechanic actually address the problem with your vehicle.
Aug 23, 2018
105 posts
61 upvotes
Great deal. Just bought keys and regular service. Car won't start now. Guess it was on its final leg
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9817 posts
9459 upvotes
Markham
chillguy153 wrote: The $100 in CT money will almost make up for the $300 in damage they cause... Or you can choose to put that $100 towards having a real mechanic actually address the problem with your vehicle.
It's gonna cost a lot more than $300 to fix whatever CT breaks.

PEOPLE OF RFD, READ THESE STORIES BEFORE GOING TO CT:

CT destroyed starter and fuel system

CT broked the guys wiper motors

CT breaks your stuff, makes you pay

CT scratches and chips poor dude's Benz wheels

Poor dude got ripped off by CT, had no idea CT was trash

CT "mechanics"
Oct 20, 2014
250 posts
151 upvotes
Trenton, on
I just get my tires repaired there for the extended warranty they provide for $10. Haven't found anyother place that covers the 100% cost of a new tire, even if the old one is worn.

To be safe, take your wheel off, and just give them that.
Oct 11, 2018
493 posts
713 upvotes
ON
Called the nearby CrappyTire asking the price to patch a nail puncture in a tire, greedy jerks said $60, went to Costco to get that done for $12 only
🤬
Jul 26, 2008
132 posts
78 upvotes
Is there a way to get this to work with a car battery purchase?
Feb 17, 2015
975 posts
357 upvotes
Windsor, ON
They hire a lot of apprentices for sure I know that but they should also have one if not a few licensed mechanics on duty in case a safety comes in and also to get a 2nd opinion from. A lot of big box places will also try to upsell uneeded maintainence because they are told to do so, that is unfortunately when the guy who doesn't know anything about cars caves lets them do the maintainence and they end up breaking more stuff. I encourage anyone bringing a car there for something other than tires now a days to be somewhat educated in cars whether you read your owners manual or watch a few youtube videos. Tires I mean....they could mess it up but usually it won't make it out of the shop if they do unless the tire itself is faulty
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2002 posts
908 upvotes
Moon
thewongster wrote: Is there a way to get this to work with a car battery purchase?
I believe the 100 CT Money works on all Canadian Tire purchases, I am not sure if you need 300 worth of batteries though.
Last edited by kangarooz on Jan 29th, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FS] BNWT Bellfield Faux Fur Trim Parka

Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Jul 26, 2008
132 posts
78 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: I believe the 100 Cash works on all Canadian Tire purchase, I am not sure if you need 300 worth of batteries though.
Car battery i wanna purchase is close to $300 though! If it works that's good to earn the $100 CT!
Apr 26, 2015
88 posts
66 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Yeah I go in Monday to get a battery. Battery is $225 and $35 for them to install the thing so if its eligible then ill have them install it.

Also note due to covid they won't take the old battery back for the core deposit. Said they will once the stores open back up so ymmv