Expired Hot Deals

Canadian Tire

YMMV: Dyson Pure Hot + Cool™ HEPA Air Purifier, Heater & Fan, Iron/Blue (HP04) $599.93

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 8:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7581 posts
1046 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] YMMV: Dyson Pure Hot + Cool™ HEPA Air Purifier, Heater & Fan, Iron/Blue (HP04) $599.93

Not sure how hot the deal is, but was looking for a Dyson fan and the HP04 Blue colour is on clearance at some Canadian Tire locations for $599.93, down from 799.99. Combined with a Triangle Rewards deal for Spend $100, get $10 and a community deal for 10x on Furnace Filters, Humidifiers, Purifiers, etc and I got about $35 in CT money back with it as well, made cost ~$565 plus tax at the end of the day. Pretty good fan, and I didn't see it any cheaper anywhere else.

Looking at Stocktrack, one location in Quebec has it even lower at $559.93. Stock seems to be mostly Ontario/Quebec, few in Atlantic and Manitoba. I went to the location at Leslie/Sheppard and they had a bunch still in stock... Not sure if the rewards offers are randomized, but you may get lucky with a 25x offer and get even more back?
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best air purifiers!
32 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2010
3777 posts
179 upvotes
Barrie
I did some research recently on air purifiers and Dyson rated really poorly compared to other units. Of course the other units dont have heating elements in them and some people like how the Dyson looks, just dont buy it if all you want is a good air purifier and dont care about looks.
We don't know, so it's possible. And it's possible, so it's probably probable.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1899 posts
2338 upvotes
In general Dyson is pretty much just for the look. Their fans are also bad. You will get much better performance buying a separate air purifier, fan, and heater, with practically double the power, triple the flexibility, at half the cost.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6276 posts
3543 upvotes
Yep I agree with the Dyson fans being all for the look.

I got 2 of them, and while they look nice, they don't do a good job of being a "fan".

something that's a tenth of the Dyson's price will blow air better.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3513 posts
1704 upvotes
Mississauga
If you want a good fan look up Vornado
Jun 14, 2012
106 posts
81 upvotes
ORILLIA
If the focus is on an air purifier you should watch the cbc marketplace feature on them. 20 inch box fan and a filter taped to the back is the best bang for the buck but doesn't look great.

Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1391 posts
1177 upvotes
Vancouver
trinxified wrote: Yep I agree with the Dyson fans being all for the look.

I got 2 of them, and while they look nice, they don't do a good job of being a "fan".

something that's a tenth of the Dyson's price will blow air better.
+1
This unit is even worse than my 10 years old basic fan.
Heating part is good
Air purification part is also good, but my room is only 120sq ft.
My first one made “geeee” noise, so I exchanged for a new one. But the new one makes the same noise too. Agent @ Dyson told me that I should plug this unit to a wall electrical outlet only, and shouldnt turn on this unit and a humidifier at the same time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7351 posts
3063 upvotes
Dyson fans are overpriced junk. Not quiet and don't blow any more air than a fan 1/10 its price.

People are suckers.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2253 posts
5249 upvotes
Have the exact same one. It’s a bit loud and doesn’t move a lot of air. Have the app to control it and monitor air quality is nice, but It really could be better at this price point.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6276 posts
3543 upvotes
Highest fan level of Dyson are the only one worth using for the air blowing, but it's super loud.

Like I said above, not worth it for the fan aspect of it. If you just want it to look good and have people notice you got money to burn, then yeah this is it.

The reason I have these Dyson fans is because it's the only wife approved fans since other tower fans do look ugly or ruins a room environment.
Nov 26, 2015
146 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tofubb wrote: +1
This unit is even worse than my 10 years old basic fan.
Heating part is good
Air purification part is also good, but my room is only 120sq ft.
My first one made “geeee” noise, so I exchanged for a new one. But the new one makes the same noise too. Agent @ Dyson told me that I should plug this unit to a wall electrical outlet only, and shouldnt turn on this unit and a humidifier at the same time.
I thought about getting a purifier a couple of years ago, but read the reviews and then bought a Hot+Cool AM09 instead off Dyson's eBay store. I agree that the fan is mediocre, but the heating is good. It's nice if you have small children / pets because there aren't any fan blades or exposed hot elements.
Feb 1, 2012
165 posts
145 upvotes
Markham
Just an FYI. If you are considering this, it is final sale for clearance items
Apr 21, 2017
549 posts
649 upvotes
Chelsea
Any recommendations for Hot & Cold fans alternatives ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5395 posts
2610 upvotes
SimonL556 wrote: Any recommendations for Hot & Cold fans alternatives ?
Interested in this as well
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1655 posts
1059 upvotes
Montreal
TLSRULZ wrote: If you want a good fan look up Vornado
The one advantage of a Dyson is that it creates a smooth breeze. With a Vornado, it's quite choppy, which can be distracting.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2003 posts
1329 upvotes
Toukolou wrote: Dyson fans are overpriced junk. Not quiet and don't blow any more air than a fan 1/10 its price.

People are suckers.
.. or superficial. Suckers are people that think Dyson is actually better and want to pay a premium for enhanced functionality. I have one based strictly on looks... lol. I'm looking for more if the price is right!
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1047 posts
254 upvotes
Vancouver
just as a self-declaration, i have 3 of those HP04.

purchased for $600 a pop directly through dyson.

Having that said, I love how all the comments are saying a separate unit for air purifying, heating and a fan for half the cost and 2 times more effective.

Great, i'm not arguing that.

But let me ask you this... why are ppl carrying $2,000 iphones around that are obsolete in 4 years. hmm?

shouldn't the same people carry a android tablet, a nokia 3390 and a small LED flashlight with them?

The moral of the story is, if you want everything neatly in a single package, it WILL cost more... don't be silly thinking it should cost less.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1373 posts
890 upvotes
tungx2 wrote: just as a self-declaration, i have 3 of those HP04.

Having that said, I love how all the comments are saying a separate unit for air purifying, heating and a fan for half the cost and 2 times more effective.

But let me ask you this... why are ppl carrying $2,000 iphones around that are obsolete in 4 years. hmm?

shouldn't the same people carry a android tablet, a nokia 3390 and a small LED flashlight with them?

The moral of the story is, if you want everything neatly in a single package, it WILL cost more... don't be silly thinking it should cost less.
Because you can put bigger devices around your house but you can't sacrifice your pocket space for all the objects you mentioned. But also, you're right, someone buying a 2k phone is vain too.
Oct 6, 2020
554 posts
819 upvotes
tungx2 wrote: just as a self-declaration, i have 3 of those HP04.

This LOL

Poor people get so salty whenever Dyson is posted on this site.....

To this day I am yet to find a cordless vac even 50% as good as a Dyson (tried several and always go back to the Dyson)...

Moral of the story: People have money and can afford Dyson. As much as you want to whine and moan that there are better products out there, Dyson is king.