Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

YMMV: Dyson Pure Hot + Cool™ HEPA Air Purifier, Heater & Fan, Iron/Blue (HP04) $599.93

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 8:50 pm
Jun 29, 2019
74 posts
136 upvotes
tungx2 wrote: just as a self-declaration, i have 3 of those HP04.

purchased for $600 a pop directly through dyson.

Having that said, I love how all the comments are saying a separate unit for air purifying, heating and a fan for half the cost and 2 times more effective.

Great, i'm not arguing that.

But let me ask you this... why are ppl carrying $2,000 iphones around that are obsolete in 4 years. hmm?

shouldn't the same people carry a android tablet, a nokia 3390 and a small LED flashlight with them?

The moral of the story is, if you want everything neatly in a single package, it WILL cost more... don't be silly thinking it should cost less.
Nice. I wanted someone like you to post.

Okay, so genuine question. I'm contemplating buying this (I might wait for the Black Friday deals). How are each of the elements of this device?

I heard the fan is really awful compared to others (I have a tower fan so I'm not that concerned). But how is the air purifier? Is it quiet? Is it efficient? And, most importantly, how is the heating element? I'm renting a basement and it gets very cold in the winter. Would this be able to warm a large room in the winters?

Or am I just better off buying a separate heater? Let me know. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1558 posts
1030 upvotes
I have one of these for the nursery and I appreciate the all-in-one aspect, the lack of fan blades for curious fingers, and the wifi control for remote operation. In my bedroom I have a separate tower fan and air purifier which definitely takes up more real estate. The Dyson is certainly expensive and not the top performer but there are some unique features that in my case are worth paying for. Bought it at the same clearance price plus redeemed CT money and stacked a lot of Triangle offers so my net cost was ~$350, but no time machine.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3560 posts
1799 upvotes
Mississauga
ZaeemKhan wrote: Nice. I wanted someone like you to post.

Okay, so genuine question. I'm contemplating buying this (I might wait for the Black Friday deals). How are each of the elements of this device?

I heard the fan is really awful compared to others (I have a tower fan so I'm not that concerned). But how is the air purifier? Is it quiet? Is it efficient? And, most importantly, how is the heating element? I'm renting a basement and it gets very cold in the winter. Would this be able to warm a large room in the winters?

From the marketplace review posted earlier Dyson did not fair well as a purifier... depending in the size of your room you may be better off with a separate room heater.
Apr 12, 2021
7 posts
4 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: In general Dyson is pretty much just for the look. Their fans are also bad. You will get much better performance buying a separate air purifier, fan, and heater, with practically double the power, triple the flexibility, at half the cost.
All the reviews tend to focus on one metric - the maximum rate of air filtration. Unless you need to run air purifiers on max power 24/7 it might not even be relevant. For example, if I have to run the Dyson turned to 40% of its max vs a "twice-as-powerful" unit at 20% of max to get the same level of cleaning doesn't really matter.

I have an HP04 and like it, would recommend it if looking for a purifier for a small space or bedroom:
+ Space saving combination of purifier, fan, heater
+ Easy to wipe design that's also safe around children
+ Scheduling features and night mode are useful, ability to check and adjust from phone is handy
- It detects PM2.5 as high whenever I have my Levoit humidifier on in the room, read this is common with other purifiers as well so it may just be how the sensors work
- Cost
Aug 2, 2014
121 posts
74 upvotes
Bedford, NS
I have one of these. I like it a lot. Its nice to be able to program it. it keeps my room smelling good and I definitely think it works. It's relatively quiet (and its sound profile is favourable as well). It has a nice app and provides great stats for my home automation with home bridge.

is it worth 500+? maybe. its really debatable. if you're looking for a budget fan its not for you. but for this price it's a good option if you're in the market for a Dyson.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1051 posts
256 upvotes
Vancouver
ZaeemKhan wrote: Nice. I wanted someone like you to post.

If i were to do it again, i would buy the cooling fan with air purifying. I rarely use the heating function. Heating function not usable during night time, it has woken my wife and daughter up on most nights.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1963 posts
2506 upvotes
crispychips wrote: All the reviews tend to focus on one metric - the maximum rate of air filtration. Unless you need to run air purifiers on max power 24/7 it might not even be relevant. For example, if I have to run the Dyson turned to 40% of its max vs a "twice-as-powerful" unit at 20% of max to get the same level of cleaning doesn't really matter.

I have an HP04 and like it, would recommend it if looking for a purifier for a small space or bedroom:
+ Space saving combination of purifier, fan, heater
+ Easy to wipe design that's also safe around children
+ Scheduling features and night mode are useful, ability to check and adjust from phone is handy
- It detects PM2.5 as high whenever I have my Levoit humidifier on in the room, read this is common with other purifiers as well so it may just be how the sensors work
- Cost
No. The only real metric is price/performance in all the reviews listed here so far. For the same price, it does at best half as good a job. That is why people don't like Dyson. By your logic, you can just run two of the air purifier at half the speed, too. It would still be cheaper. Most reviews also complains that Dyson isn't quieter at any speed.

There's no bad product, just a bad price. Dyson is very much the latter. If it is 1/4 of the cost it would be highly recommanded.
Oct 2, 2013
447 posts
402 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I wouldn't recommend a Dyson fan. I have one for our relatives room but it barely blows air unless at near max settings. We got it for safety reasons because of the small kids in the house. But it doesn't do a good job at all in being a fan.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7599 posts
1079 upvotes
Alekxqin wrote: Costco has one $620 at regular price, Dyson Pure Link Heater, Fan and Purifier
the plus is you get 2-year warranty instead of one year
The Costco model is the earlier generation HP02, different display and I've heard the HP04 is more powerful. The CT one also has 2 year warranty, not sure where you're seeing the 1 year.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Apr 12, 2021
7 posts
4 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: No. The only real metric is price/performance in all the reviews listed here so far. For the same price, it does at best half as good a job. That is why people don't like Dyson. By your logic, you can just run two of the air purifier at half the speed, too. It would still be cheaper. Most reviews also complains that Dyson isn't quieter at any speed.

There's no bad product, just a bad price. Dyson is very much the latter. If it is 1/4 of the cost it would be highly recommanded.
I don't think you quite understand what I meant, I don't need more performance the Dyson (or any of the other units) is more than capable enough of purifying the room it's in running at low speeds. I cannot physically fit a purifier, fan, and heater so having all three functions in a small footprint is well worth the premium for me. Those in a small space like a condo bedroom may feel the same way so I'm just sharing my positive experience.

For most people and homes other purifiers are better bang for your buck but there are situations this product makes sense in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1466 posts
1259 upvotes
Vancouver
wrenkin wrote: I thought about getting a purifier a couple of years ago, but read the reviews and then bought a Hot+Cool AM09 instead off Dyson's eBay store. I agree that the fan is mediocre, but the heating is good. It's nice if you have small children / pets because there aren't any fan blades or exposed hot elements.
I like their no blade design too, even though I don’t have child or animal. I chose the HP04 because of its 3-in-1 design, which I can save some space. But in fact I need to keep another fan in my room during summer. I love my hair dryer and vacuum, but just a little bit disappointed of this fan.
And I found their loyalty program is a joke. Before I got my second hair dryer couple weeks ago, I checked out their loyalty program, they offered 20% off on V10 vacuum only, not on any other products. Who will buy V10 with 20% off regular price now?