Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

YMMV HOT!!! Code Alarm 1-way Remote Starter $19.96!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2022 5:19 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
chooraymond wrote: $500 that’s with a remote starter included obviously.
If that’s the case, no use buying this.
Exactly, the material is cheap, the labor is the issue, installation is a pain in the ass.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
radrcanada wrote: I used to be a professional installer at a shop that was authorized by manufacturers to install on new cars (that was when they were not as common factory option) , so here is my advice.. It can be done by yourself, but if you dont know what you are doing, you can cause a lot of damage and void your warranty. Not just mechanically inclined, but also know automotive wiring, etc.
Make sure whatever shop you goto have a good reputation and warranty. Also fyi, most remote starter manufacturers void warranty if not installed by authorized installer. Hopefully my two cents helps, please click thanks below if it does. :-)
I wonder why no one on rfd offering installation. I be curious how this thread turns out with so many people buying remote starter while having no idea how to install them. I wonder if it was just hard for me to install or is everyone else going to be more capable than me.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
Masernaut wrote: Because it's -30 and I want to be warm and cozy.
My car, a Venza, is plenty warm in 5 minutes or so. I had a block heater in my previous '09, didn't need it once I went to semi-synthetic oil and never bothered with getting one for our '16. Car warms up fine in cold weather.
Feb 6, 2007
196 posts
123 upvotes
drtmrcht wrote: You have been out of the game for long time.. ALL Toyota /Lexus PTS have no Take over, Most honda's PTS also don't have take over, some exceptions, since they are starting the car using the emerg back up system. Most Mazda PTS also don't have a take over (new new 2022 are an excepetion).
Yeh man, changed careers. It's been at least 13 years since I did it professionally. I only do it for my own vehicles now. Lol, all my PTS cars have factory remote start, all my older cars use keys, and my own aftermarket systems. I left the game just when PTS became popular.

It's very stupid that there is no take over. The person above who I was responding to stated their system was factory?
Automotive Enthusiast, Mechanical Engineering Technologist, HDTV Antenna Dealer, Amsoil Dealer

FREE HDTV in GTA
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6762 posts
2096 upvotes
radrcanada wrote: I've only ever seen the door open shut off setting for manual transmission vehicles. Aftermarket units have a setting for manual or automatic. The manual transmission option shuts car off if door opened to prevent someone from putting it in gear then trying to remote start.
vpasla1 wrote: Sounds like a Ford, probably related to the MyKey stuff they offered. Good news is there a bypass for that if you look into it.
Masernaut wrote: Is it a Hyundai? Cause that was a total waste of money. Auto-start runs for like 10 minutes then auto-shuts off with a loud honk. Don't even use it anymore because it's so annoying.
Those of you asking, it's a Mazda. Apparently if it's under 5 degrees in the car it'll automatically turn on defogger and also turn on the heat settings or something. But yeah, it just seemed odd to me. Oh well.

Edit: Don't know if things have changed but in a video by Lockdown Security (Markham dashcam and remote start installer), Mazdas have no takeover feature. I assume that means no matter if OEM or aftermarket, no way to keep the engine running from a remote start after the door has been opened, as @omkarr said to me in an earlier post.

Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
How much does lockdown security charges for full install including parts and labor? Just curious.
Feb 25, 2012
128 posts
149 upvotes
CALGARY
Anyone else reading this as two remotes and not an actual starter?
Mar 12, 2008
723 posts
228 upvotes
Windsor
McMaggot wrote: Will this work for a Beige Corolla?
You are in luck. If your’’s is light beige then it will work for sure. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes But not for darker beige, though.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
topher91 wrote: Anyone else reading this as two remotes and not an actual starter?
The reviews and OP photo say otherwise.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes
Not even worth putting behind the glass anymore in the store at that price. Hard to beat this price.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Jul 19, 2010
886 posts
566 upvotes
Calgary
it's the full kit, two remotes, brain and wire harness. I bought many of them. if you have an OLD OLD car, that doesn't need the bypass, the kit has everything you need. if your car is 01+ you will most likely need extra parts to make it work. (key bypass)

bobcat99 wrote: The reviews and OP photo say otherwise.
Feb 9, 2017
349 posts
530 upvotes
McMaggot wrote: Will this work for a Beige Corolla?
This is the funniest post yet!
Not to be outdone, how about this:
"I can't start up my Civic this morning. Will this thing help?"
Feb 1, 2009
558 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have recommendations for a place to buy + install in the west end?

Called the stealership about a Subaru Outback and they quoted $550 for the part + 1hr labour so total with tax was $800.
Jun 19, 2006
334 posts
136 upvotes
I bought an awesome looking auto-start system for my previous car (ST800 Smart system) , but then did have trouble finding anyone to install it, though I didn't do a lot of searching.

Ended up with a new car with remote start through an app. Still stuck with it BNIB
May 29, 2018
649 posts
692 upvotes
Alberta
Asriel wrote: Anyone have recommendations for a place to buy + install in the west end?

Called the stealership about a Subaru Outback and they quoted $550 for the part + 1hr labour so total with tax was $800.
I would recommend searching the product and finding an installer that carries it and installs it, https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/6 ... =PKG004171

They should be experienced with it and hopefully won't charge and arm and leg to install, another solid alternative is to find Facebook Marketplace groups and offer $100 for someone to install it for you, someone will probably bite or just find Facebook people that advertise remote start installation, or just ask around a few garages
Nov 7, 2017
534 posts
571 upvotes
Durham
Got my dad the Compustar T9 starter installed on his 2011 RX350 in November and the vehicle indeed does shut off when the door is open. It's equipped with push start. I think majority of the vehicles with push start + keyless, will not be able to stay running when the door opens after starting it.
Jul 19, 2010
886 posts
566 upvotes
Calgary
I would be careful with Facebook installers.. what happens if they mess up the car? you obviously don't get any kind of warranty from them.. I have heard some bad stories about car starter installations gone wrong.. it's like getting your repaired from a facebook mechanic, some are good / great and do excellent work, others are just trying to make a quick buck and cut every POSSIBLE corner.

Subsided wrote: I would recommend searching the product and finding an installer that carries it and installs it, https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/6 ... =PKG004171

They should be experienced with it and hopefully won't charge and arm and leg to install, another solid alternative is to find Facebook Marketplace groups and offer $100 for someone to install it for you, someone will probably bite or just find Facebook people that advertise remote start installation, or just ask around a few garages
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6109 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
20 for a starter. hmm... reviews?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
dyalect wrote: 20 for a starter. hmm... reviews?
Just to clarify - your profile says you're in Whitby, and Stocktrack doesn't show any stores within 100km of you that have it at the $20 price. It's $45 in Uxbridge, and $50 is the next lowest price at all the other stores (and they're all showing VERY little stock, so they may not actually have them).

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=ct&q=0340801