Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] YMMV - Miele C3 Complete Hardfloor Canister Vacuum - In-store Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2020 4:26 am
[OP]
Mar 6, 2010
8 posts
12 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] YMMV - Miele C3 Complete Hardfloor Canister Vacuum - In-store Clearance

Miele C3 Complete Hardfloor Canister Vacuum on in-store clearance at Canadian Tire.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/miel ... p.html#srp

Appears to be a discontinued Limited Edition model. Picked one up at my local Canadian Tire but haven’t unboxed it yet.

We currently have one carpeted room but it’s getting redone in hard flooring soon. I’ve ordered the Twister Parquet XL from Amazon.ca based on comments in other Miele threads. Debated whether this was a better deal than the Costco one for $399 but $75 is a significant difference, especially since I’d probably still want the Twister Parquet XL.
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5714 posts
4479 upvotes
Calgary
412$ online in Calgary at one store and 324$ at another.
Oct 24, 2009
692 posts
682 upvotes
Vancouver
ALWAYS get it from Costco. Vacuum is not considered as electronics at Costco so you could literally return it however long it is as long as you have the receipt. We had 6 year old Miele and return it fine without any bs or made up excuses. It just stopped working and no question asked when we returned it.
Apr 1, 2005
272 posts
237 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: ALWAYS get it from Costco. Vacuum is not considered as electronics at Costco so you could literally return it however long it is as long as you have the receipt. We had 6 year old Miele and return it fine without any bs or made up excuses. It just stopped working and no question asked when we returned it.
i guess u kept the box?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9238 posts
7918 upvotes
Markham
taya1214 wrote: ALWAYS get it from Costco. Vacuum is not considered as electronics at Costco so you could literally return it however long it is as long as you have the receipt. We had 6 year old Miele and return it fine without any bs or made up excuses. It just stopped working and no question asked when we returned it.
I don't even think you need a receipt or box. The only problem is that they will judge me for returning something so old, but I digress, I've seen people bring back rusted BBQs.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8027 posts
2719 upvotes
Toronto
To be fair, you can return electronics at Costco too. Before the outbreak, I saw someone return a TV from 3 years ago for a full refund. Their return policy says they won't but Costco varies, just be courteous and it seems they'll allow any returns.
Sep 26, 2019
100 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal,QC
Anikiri wrote: I don't even think you need a receipt or box. The only problem is that they will judge me for returning something so old, but I digress, I've seen people bring back rusted BBQs.
What? Cou you do that with a bbq?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1123 posts
518 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: I don't even think you need a receipt or box. The only problem is that they will judge me for returning something so old, but I digress, I've seen people bring back rusted BBQs.
That's the spirit.. aim low!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31827 posts
5883 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Great vacuum cleaner. Most of the hardwood floor versions are limited edition

My local Costco is at 389$ but you get some extra accessories compared to the Canadian Tire one.

I would just buy it at Costco.

When I click on the Canadian Tire link, it shows 549.99$
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7386 posts
742 upvotes
Waterloo
324 locally too in cambridge!
[OP]
Mar 6, 2010
8 posts
12 upvotes
What extra accessories? Serious question here because I kept going back and forth and really didn’t see anothing. Different head included but this one’s considered good for hard floors and area rugs. And the limited edition appears to have been a more expensive model than the equivalent of the $399 Costco one is elsewhere. The four bonus bags from Costco? With the current sale on bags, they aren’t worth the $75 difference.

As for Costco taking things back forever - yeah, no, if I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of something before it dies, I’m going to buy a new one outright and support a good manufacturer rather than abuse the system, thanks.

If I didn’t get my money’s worth, well that’s what the warranty is hopefully for. And if the warranty turns out not to be worth the paper it’s printed on (most aren’t if you have to ship the item somewhere for repair), well, I guess I know what brand I won’t be purchasing again.

$75 wouldn’t be significant on one of the $1000 Miele models but at this price range, it is.
Nov 3, 2006
222 posts
119 upvotes
Why on earth would you return a six year old vacuum cleaner? Is that not a reasonable lifespan?
Jan 6, 2006
984 posts
108 upvotes
Markham
dinostars wrote: Why on earth would you return a six year old vacuum cleaner? Is that not a reasonable lifespan?
Apparently not to people who like to take advantage of a good return policy to the extreme level until the store has to stop/change the policy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5473 posts
1078 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: We had 6 year old Miele and return it fine without any bs or made up excuses. It just stopped working and no question asked when we returned it.
thanks for being part of the problem