Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

YMMV Rain-X ClearView De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid 3.74L - $1.43

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2022 6:49 pm
27 replies
Jun 21, 2017
395 posts
870 upvotes
Just an FYI several people i know have had their washer pumps fail after a few years of using RainX fluids because of the water repellant additive.

For those who may not know, the cheap stuff works fine, i use Reflex for the better de-icing
[OP]
Dec 16, 2018
88 posts
225 upvotes
Victoria
Cocopuffs43421 wrote: Just an FYI several people i know have had their washer pumps fail after a few years of using RainX fluids because of the water repellant additive.

For those who may not know, the cheap stuff works fine, i use Reflex for the better de-icing
Did not know this lol, used this stuff for years now..... x_X
Jul 14, 2009
594 posts
1102 upvotes
GTA
Haven't had any issues with our Japanese cars yet 🤞
Oct 15, 2014
435 posts
900 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Cocopuffs43421 wrote: Just an FYI several people i know have had their washer pumps fail after a few years of using RainX fluids because of the water repellant additive.

Happened to our Benz after a few years of use, had to get the pump changed. But no issues with the Honda. There was even a class action:

https://www.classaction.org/rain-x-lawsuit
Last edited by sajan647 on Dec 7th, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5995 posts
1290 upvotes
Toronto
No issue with honda civic

Is the deal dead?
Jul 11, 2004
313 posts
217 upvotes
Montreal
Pretty sure the issue with the pumps failing was from the orange version. It was legit, did a fantastic job. This yellow version does almost nothing. Orange is more or less completely gone from the market now it seems, I assume cause of the class action.
Apr 30, 2020
329 posts
352 upvotes
Vancouver
i just buy the $3 home depot stuff.
i've had issues with my wiper fluid pump before for using some niche products, now i just stick to the most basic kind there is.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19739 posts
23155 upvotes
GTA
PatrickC8254 wrote: Did not know this lol, used this stuff for years now..... x_X
Been using it in my BMW for 20 years, no issues.
Also used in 2008 MINI Cooper for 4 years, 2015 Audi Q5 for 4 years, Kia Sportage for 4 years.
Last edited by engineered on Dec 7th, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44572 posts
7783 upvotes

No issue on Japanese cars as ppl have said. Been using these in our former Toyota and Subaru vehicles without any issues.

German cars, yes maybe issues. That’s why it’s better to stick with OEM even if $$$
Blanka
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19739 posts
23155 upvotes
GTA
djemzine wrote: No issue on Japanese cars as ppl have said. Been using these in our former Toyota and Subaru vehicles without any issues.

German cars, yes maybe issues. That’s why it’s better to stick with OEM even if $$$
*edit* not a good deal.
Last edited by engineered on Dec 7th, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Nov 7, 2017
439 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto, ON

This doesn't apply to all vehicles, just the Euro cars. I been using this on my Japanese vehicles for years and no issues. I recommend this and only this to my non-Euro car friends as I find this to be the best for de-icing and water repellant.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2426 posts
1642 upvotes
Toronto
Don't use this if you have a VW or Audi. Messes with the sensor.
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Apr 24, 2012
202 posts
234 upvotes
Orillia
engineered wrote: According to this site you can get concentrate to make 10 gallons for about $10, so $1/gallon. https://bimmertips.com/pro-tip-dont-use ... -your-bmw/
Do any local dealers sell this?
If you look at the chart on the back, to get -31 degrees Celsius freezing point (-25 Fahrenheit), you need 8 oz of concentrate, to 12 oz of water, so half that bottle makes 591mL (20 oz). As a result, the full bottle would just make 40 oz, or 1.18 L.

So for the winter, unless you're paying $1.00 for that concentrated bottle, you're really not saving anything. The website says about $7 USD for the bottle, so you'd be looking at over $21 USD per bottle of washer fluid.

Even for -3 degrees Celsius freezing point (26 degrees Fahrenheit), you would only get a total of 256oz (64oz x 4), which is only 7.57L, or two jugs of regular washer fluid. So about $3.50 USD per bottle of washer fluid.
Oct 30, 2019
730 posts
1571 upvotes
Fraser Valley
mhall1 wrote: Better advice: don't drive a beemer
of course, a civic or corolla would be just fantastic, lol