Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

YMMV Rain-X ClearView De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid 3.74L - $1.43

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2022 6:49 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1088 posts
355 upvotes
Montreal
In the greater montreal area, only in St Jerome
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Feb 11, 2022
270 posts
610 upvotes
Nev0513 wrote: This doesn't apply to all vehicles, just the Euro cars. I been using this on my Japanese vehicles for years and no issues. I recommend this and only this to my non-Euro car friends as I find this to be the best for de-icing and water repellant.
Germans just need excuses, class actions should be brought against them for this - I've changed dozens of windshield washer pumps on my BMWs and once on my Merc. Not once on a Lexus or Toyota, though they were much older.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19656 posts
23021 upvotes
GTA
vpasla1 wrote: If you look at the chart on the back, to get -31 degrees Celsius freezing point (-25 Fahrenheit), you need 8 oz of concentrate, to 12 oz of water, so half that bottle makes 591mL (20 oz). As a result, the full bottle would just make 40 oz, or 1.18 L.

So for the winter, unless you're paying $1.00 for that concentrated bottle, you're really not saving anything. The website says about $7 USD for the bottle, so you'd be looking at over $21 USD per bottle of washer fluid.

Even for -3 degrees Celsius freezing point (26 degrees Fahrenheit), you would only get a total of 256oz (64oz x 4), which is only 7.57L, or two jugs of regular washer fluid. So about $3.50 USD per bottle of washer fluid.
Good call on that. The website way exaggerated the cost effectiveness. They did say "up to" to cover themselves, and that might work in California.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jul 11, 2009
83 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
LOL love this comment. I'll use the windshield washer fluid to stop the fire

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)