Home & Garden

Canavac vs Duovac vs Cyclovac vs Hayden vs EasyFlo vs DrainVac Central Vacuums

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 4:53 pm
[OP]
Member
Nov 23, 2006
484 posts
298 upvotes
Ontario

Canavac vs Duovac vs Cyclovac vs Hayden vs EasyFlo vs DrainVac Central Vacuums

Hello everyone,

We're currently getting a new home constructed (~2000sqft + basement, 2 storey) in a subdivision and having Central vac roughed in. We had it in a previous home and loved it, so we want to get a good unit to install upon possession.

I was convinced I was wanting to get a Canavac LS550 (or Trillium T170 from Vacmaster), but upon searching here for reviews popped up a number of other brands that has made the decision much more difficult.

So what do people recommend? I've now looked at Canavac (10 yr warranty, 20 for new LS690 model?, Made about 15km from where I'm moving), Hayden(10 year warranty), Duovac (25 year warranty, no dealer near me so must order online), Cyclovac (25 year warranty), EasyFlo, DrainVac (probably not worth it as I need to install a drain? Not sure) and a bunch of "box store" brands. I believe I want to stay with a thru-flow 2 stage motor, but it's hard to tell which units have it unless they specifically state, and the DrainVac is a very different concept from the others.

Let me know your opinions and experience, and if anyone is an actual dealer and have further info on the brands, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: meant the bypass motor! Not flow-through
Last edited by xmanofsteel69 on Jul 8th, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2015
1245 posts
782 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Stay away from units with thru-flow motors. Which ever brand you do pick, make sure the unit comes with a tangential bypass motor. Tangential bypass motors are designed to redirect heated and/or dirty exhaust out of the motor to maximize longevity. This motor is found in the Canavac Signature Series. Trillium T170 is made by Canavac and also features this motor.
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2018
183 posts
215 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I have the LS750... sucks like no tomorrow


sad thing is that it's probably going to outlast the house...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7876 posts
8838 upvotes
Montréal
I been told to stay away from cheapo brands sold by Costco... true or false? Dunno. Own a Hoover bought in a specialty vacuum strore 20 years ago, so far so good without no single issue
Member
Sep 26, 2008
282 posts
110 upvotes
Longueuil
DoorCrasher wrote: I been told to stay away from cheapo brands sold by Costco... true or false? Dunno. Own a Hoover bought in a specialty vacuum strore 20 years ago, so far so good without no single issue
My friend and I both bought the Hoover box kit from Costco 10 years ago. Apart from spewing dust everywhere I have had the motor changed twice under the 10 year warranty and my friend also had to once. Both with minimal use as our square footage is on the small side.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7876 posts
8838 upvotes
Montréal
avnebbie wrote: My friend and I both bought the Hoover box kit from Costco 10 years ago. Apart from spewing dust everywhere I have had the motor changed twice under the 10 year warranty and my friend also had to once. Both with minimal use as our square footage is on the small side.

Exactly what I've been told... Stay away from Costco for central vacuums Winking Face
Member
Dec 26, 2017
219 posts
148 upvotes
I also have the Canavac Ls750 after doing extensive research. 5 years so far and nary a hiccup with regular cleaning with a fairly large square footage. Like other posters have mentioned the tangential bypass motor is worth the extra cost and the Canavac has very good suction. Anyone saying a Dyson or similar handheld vacuum works better has never used a quality central vac.
[OP]
Member
Nov 23, 2006
484 posts
298 upvotes
Ontario
Bianco13 wrote: Stay away from units with thru-flow motors. Which ever brand you do pick, make sure the unit comes with a tangential bypass motor. Tangential bypass motors are designed to redirect heated and/or dirty exhaust out of the motor to maximize longevity. This motor is found in the Canavac Signature Series. Trillium T170 is made by Canavac and also features this motor.
Yes, that's what I meant! Sorry, had the terms mixed up! At least I had the right units... Haha

So if I can get the bypass motor, should I just choose the unit with the best warranty, best h20 suction, or is there something else to look at? I've heard airwatts is a poor representation of true suction.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2015
1245 posts
782 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
xmanofsteel69 wrote: Yes, that's what I meant! Sorry, had the terms mixed up! At least I had the right units... Haha

So if I can get the bypass motor, should I just choose the unit with the best warranty, best h20 suction, or is there something else to look at? I've heard airwatts is a poor representation of true suction.
When purchasing a central vac, take into consideration all three factors for motor strength, Air watts, Air flow and Waterlift. My opinion if I were to be purchasing a new system, I wouldn't be looking at anything other than CanaVac Signature Series and maybe the Beam Serenity Series.
Member
Apr 19, 2018
350 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
Canavac is amazing. I have it in multiple properties i own and it is reliable. Always use a bag!
Don't worry be happy - Bob

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)