• Dec 6th, 2023 9:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2014
1505 posts
564 upvotes
YVR, BC

Cancel Equifax Subscription?

Equifax charges $19.99 for credit monitoring and credit report info for people who require identity theft piece of mind etc.

Many customers of RBC will now receive free credit reports.

Need to cancel Equifax? they will try to retain you as a customer for a 1 yr promo of $9.98/month.....along with a 1 month refund.

How do I cancel my Equifax Canada product?

We're sorry to hear that you'd like to cancel your product.
For your security protection, you will need to call our customer care team in order to cancel your product. You can reach us at 1-866-820-8911.
We are available 8 am - 12 am EST, 7 days a week.

We're writing to confirm your choice to retain your Equifax Complete(TM) Premier Plan subscription at a discounted rate of $9.98 per month beginning 08/22/17. This price will continue until 08/21/2018 and then revert to your original price of $19.95. If you decide to cancel, you must call in before your next billing date to avoid further charges. You will be billed automatically each month until you decide to cancel which you may do at any time by calling 1-877-493-8785.
13 replies
Aug 10, 2015
345 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
This probably won't answer your question but when I wanted to cancel it was the most PAINFUL process. They keep giving me other numbers to call it was like each employee had their own 1800 number.
Jan 25, 2008
230 posts
50 upvotes
I have had the opposite. I've done the free month trial two years in a row, and have had no problem cancelling the free trial after the minute I'm done looking at my score.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
I've been using Equifax for close to a decade now (two years free from HD) and had no issues cancelling, or needing help to reset my password.
But, the wait time can be quite long and I've waited in excess of 30min on numerous occasions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
6237 posts
2992 upvotes
I've never had any issues or lengthy wait times when cancelling the subscriptions which I have done every seven or eight months for the last number of years. In fact, the lack of issues with cancelling only encourages me to take advantage of the free offer as often as I do.
Nov 19, 2016
37 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone had any recent dealings with cancelling Equifax? I'm starting to believe they are starting to sound like phishing scams. I called twice to cancel my free trial,

First call took about 40mins, and eventually tried to ask for my SIN and Credit card numbers. Not only wasting my time, but tried to ask for unnecessary information.
Second call, another kid. was much quicker. But claims they cannot find my profile anymore. And starts claiming in order to find my profile again,. they need my credit card information.

The number i used was pulled directly from Equifax Canada (866) 820-8911. But this is clearly some hired third parties.

Any suggestions on how to report these guys? or atleast resolve this? For all i know, they could just be stalling as long as they can so the first payment is made to them.

What makes it worse, is it appears its only Equifax Canada that you cannot cancel online when you log into your profile. Others like the US branch can be done online
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3615 upvotes
Toronto
JoeyW001 wrote:
Any suggestions on how to report these guys? or atleast resolve this? For all i know, they could just be stalling as long as they can so the first payment is made to them.
You just have to keep trying.
It would be interesting to hear if they are offering the 1 year retention @ 1/2 off.

Been thinking of cancelling mine & grabbing a free year code from a recent data breach.
Apr 30, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
These guys have become very shady.. It takes forever to reach their customer care to cancel it and if you reach someone, they keep mentioning their system is down.
They make sure they don't cancel for the 30 days promising that they have call logs that I called before 30 days. Now after multiple calls, they've charged my credit card and one rep promised to provide a refund but no luck yet. Cheap tactics in sucking your money.
I've now disputed the transaction with my credit card provider, hopefully they can resolve it. Shame on you Equifax..!
May 29, 2019
315 posts
337 upvotes
Have had for 1 year after my identity was compromised. What a terrible site that is constantly down or error-prone, and absolutely incompetent people to deal with. With that said I went to cancel last week and was offered the half off ($19.95 --> $9.98/month) and took it. They refunded me $1.29 for the "month" (probably because I did it so close to the renewal date).
Oct 26, 2015
308 posts
161 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Had it free for one year since there was a breach at a company I worked at. It was supposed to expire last week but seems to still be working? It says “it will expire on Nov 22” when it’s already Dec 4. Looks like I still have access to everything. Wondering if I should double check with them in case they ask for the money later on.
Oct 11, 2012
402 posts
387 upvotes
Did the $10.00 a month subscription for about a year and a half. In July of this year my inquiries were useless - had nothing reported but Equifax inquiries including a mortgage pre-approval that was not reported. Was planning on ending my subscription this past October but bailed early due to this deficiency.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
3442 posts
2671 upvotes
Montreal, QC
AllenWayne wrote: Did the $10.00 a month subscription for about a year and a half. In July of this year my inquiries were useless - had nothing reported but Equifax inquiries including a mortgage pre-approval that was not reported. Was planning on ending my subscription this past October but bailed early due to this deficiency.
Some companies with use Equifax and some of them will use Transunion so you might not get the information you're looking for by only subscribing to a single credit reporting agency.
Oct 11, 2012
402 posts
387 upvotes
lmcjipo wrote: Some companies with use Equifax and some of them will use Transunion so you might not get the information you're looking for by only subscribing to a single credit reporting agency.
That is true. Now that you mention it, it was a CIBC pre approval and I now get my credit score via that bank and it is supplied by TransUnion rather than Equifax. Nevertheless, the inquiry reports had become flaccid with no other ongoing inquiries as previously had been the case.
Apr 26, 2022
508 posts
632 upvotes
Seems like most Canadian banks use Transunion instead of Equifax - any reason why?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)