• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2018 11:37 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes

Cancel secondary line on Koodo

I have 2 lines on my Koodo account. The secondary line has been used for a little more than 90 days but it is no longer needed. I am able to pay off the tab on it now. I also want to port the number to my speakout account. What is the best way/steps to cancel out this secondary line?
- Pay off the tab first?
- Initial the port in from Speakout?
- Call Koodo to cancel?

Do I also keep the refer-a-friend credits since it's already more than 90 days?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
14 replies
May 7, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Alberta
You’ll need to keep the line active to be able to port out the number
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16549 posts
5027 upvotes
Markham
Pay off tab and then port out (that will cancel the 2nd account)
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
ErwinIgnacio wrote: You’ll need to keep the line active to be able to port out the number
Keigotw wrote: Pay off tab and then port out (that will cancel the 2nd account)
Do I still need to call Koodo to cancel it after porting out?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7666 posts
5168 upvotes
Canada
BB88 wrote: Do I still need to call Koodo to cancel it after porting out?
No
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18446 posts
5391 upvotes
Toronto
If you port out, the line should automatically cancel and the tab will appear on your next bill.
Nov 9, 2016
260 posts
85 upvotes
Go sign up on the new company and give them your Koodo number, this will cancel the Koodo line that you have and you will be charged the remaining tab.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20516 posts
9965 upvotes
Oakville
No need to pay off the tab ahead of time or contact Koodo at all. When you port out, it will automatically cancel your line with Koodo, and they'll automatically put the tab on your next Koodo bill.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
wearysky wrote: No need to pay off the tab ahead of time or contact Koodo at all. When you port out, it will automatically cancel your line with Koodo, and they'll automatically put the tab on your next Koodo bill.
Is it preferable to pay off the tab first before porting out, or just port out and wait for the next bill? Just wondering if there is anything that will affect my primary line.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20516 posts
9965 upvotes
Oakville
BB88 wrote: Is it preferable to pay off the tab first before porting out, or just port out and wait for the next bill? Just wondering if there is anything that will affect my primary line.
There's no particular benefit to doing so, no. As far as I'm concerned, it's better to keep your money in your pocket as long as possible - no need to give it to Koodo before you need to :)
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
Port close to or on the the last day of you bill cycle. Koodo's system has been charging for dead air lately. Not sure what has changed, but I know it wasn't like this in the past.
Oct 15, 2018
2 posts
Probably can't hurt to call Koodo to get their take.. Just so you don't accidentally lose a phone number or get mistakingly billed.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20516 posts
9965 upvotes
Oakville
redflagdealer00 wrote: Probably can't hurt to call Koodo to get their take.. Just so you don't accidentally lose a phone number or get mistakingly billed.
No need to waste time on hold with Koodo. This is how it works.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1467 posts
820 upvotes
GTA
redflagdealer00 wrote: Probably can't hurt to call Koodo to get their take.. Just so you don't accidentally lose a phone number or get mistakingly billed.
System is automatic to cancel your account and charge any remaining balances. You'll just confuse the rep and start the retention stall process.
You definitely don't want to cancel prematurely or break the contract early as you will be billed for two plans instead of one, that's another call to koodoo to be reimbursed for that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)