Shopping Discussion

Cancelled Bell: How to receive money back from Bell

Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6843 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
fylee wrote: I cancelled my Bell service on the mid of billing cycle, and the last bill showing I got certain amount of credit (showing negative balance). I thought it will refund back to my pre-authorized credit card, which I used for the monthly payment. However, it was not.

Does anyone has similar situation with Bell? Please share
First of all... congrats on getting rid of Bhell... as everybody says, they are thieves, they lie trough their teeth, and their salespeople are just snakes in the grass, ready to get your money, but will give you no support back afterwards

I cancelled my services as well on December, and unfortunately, the cancellation became effective 3 days after I started my new cycle (I somehow think they delayed the whole cancellation process purposely in order to make me start a new billing cycle). So the next bill I received was for the whole month, and not just for three days (this bill was issued a week after the cancellation because effective... so I still don't understand why couldn't me bill for just the three days, if they had a whole week to update the system)

After I contacted them via their online chat, I was explained the typical Bhell BS that because I went over a new cycle, their system billed me for a whole month, and then I would receive afterwards a final bill, which will be a refund of my pro-rated services. I saved a copy of the chat, and will keep a very close eye on my refund... I don't want to give a penny more to those people.

My suggestion is that you use the online chat for any questions you have, be always respectful, and save a copy of any interaction with them.... they claim themselves to have the best technology out there, but they can't even get their sh!t together sometimes

Good luck!
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1720 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
roblombardi wrote: First of all... congrats on getting rid of Bhell... as everybody says, they are thieves, they lie trough their teeth, and their salespeople are just snakes in the grass, ready to get your money, but will give you no support back afterwards

I cancelled my services as well on December, and unfortunately, the cancellation became effective 3 days after I started my new cycle (I somehow think they delayed the whole cancellation process purposely in order to make me start a new billing cycle). So the next bill I received was for the whole month, and not just for three days (this bill was issued a week after the cancellation because effective... so I still don't understand why couldn't me bill for just the three days, if they had a whole week to update the system)

After I contacted them via their online chat, I was explained the typical Bhell BS that because I went over a new cycle, their system billed me for a whole month, and then I would receive afterwards a final bill, which will be a refund of my pro-rated services. I saved a copy of the chat, and will keep a very close eye on my refund... I don't want to give a penny more to those people.

My suggestion is that you use the online chat for any questions you have, be always respectful, and save a copy of any interaction with them.... they claim themselves to have the best technology out there, but they can't even get their sh!t together sometimes

Good luck!
Well put. I can honestly say that my experiences with Bhell Hell where similar.
Times on the phone to their call centre have actually been a joke. One occasion speaking, via landline, sent to different departments, ended up talking to the first person I spoke too. The are a joke.
Hence them earning the name "Bhell Hell" earnt and deserved.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1538 posts
1883 upvotes
Unless youve paid your final bill, proration will always apply to your final bill.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6843 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
UPDATE: After over 1 month of chatting with a CSR online about the refund I should be receiving, I decided to start a new chat because I had not received my cheque in the mail. Well... guess what, people? The new CSR said that they had not started the refund process because I have not requested the refund to be done (wtf???).... so I told the new CSR that over a month ago I discussed the credit with CSR XYZ, and I was told it was going to take 14 business days for me to receive the cheque.... and the new CSR said "yeah, I can see you discussed the details of the refund, but you didn't actually requested the money to be refunded to you" (WTF!!!!!).... obviously, I told this person to do the refund ASAP, and to stop playing games with the customer... also confirmed my physical address, just in case, and got a confirmation number for the cancellation request

LOL.... Bhell are just a bunch of idiots who don't know what they are doing (or maybe they do, and it's all intentional, which is what I think now, so they can have a better cashflow)

Anyhow, if any of you cancelled services with these a-holes and is expecting a refund, chat back and confirm that they are actually doing it
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21440 posts
15561 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
<sarcasm>
roblombardi wrote: I was told it was going to take 14 business days for me to receive the cheque....
LOL.... Bhell are just a bunch of idiots...
What are you complaining about? They've streamlined their process. When I cancelled Bhell a few years ago they told me it would be at least 30 days before they cut my cheque, then longer for it to get to me. IIRC it actually took closer to three months. Now it's only 14 days to your door. Bhell's executives must be very proud of this quantum leap forward in customer service. And you should be grateful ;)
</sarcasm>
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6843 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
<sarcasm>
You are right
Shame on me.... I should have told them I wanted back the money I overpaid for services they didn't provide to me.... there's really no way for them to know if I wanted back my money, or if I wanted to leave it for their shareholders to fill their pockets with
</sarcasm>
bylo wrote: <sarcasm>
What are you complaining about? They've streamlined their process. When I cancelled Bhell a few years ago they told me it would be at least 30 days before they cut my cheque, then longer for it to get to me. IIRC it actually took closer to three months. Now it's only 14 days to your door. Bhell's executives must be very proud of this quantum leap forward in customer service. And you should be grateful ;)
</sarcasm>
Sep 6, 2016
756 posts
294 upvotes
We must call them several times, and after 3 months we got our money back !!!!

Bell is like HP do not care to pay back money
Public Mobile $35 / 4GB LTE a month forever!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5704 posts
5118 upvotes
MasterPro wrote: We must call them several times, and after 3 months we got our money back !!!!

Bell is like HP do not care to pay back money
HP? They are great...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5662 posts
1844 upvotes
Space
If you’ve ever had to deal with Samsung support ( appliances ), the service is on par with Bell. Absolute trash.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
521 upvotes
Brossard, QC
All wireless service providers can only return your remaining credit with a chèque. If you don’t receive it you may need to call Them to get it or reissue a check to you.