Automotive

Cancelled Impark monthly pass, charged for an extra month (was declined), what to do?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 5:57 pm
[OP]
Jun 14, 2018
1 posts

Cancelled Impark monthly pass, charged for an extra month (was declined), what to do?

So I had a parking pass for several months, and I no longer had any need for it, so back on May 3rd I cancelled it. However, I got a letter in the mail the other day saying a charge for $141.25 was declined (credit card is almost due, so balance was less than the amount). On top of that, they charged me $25 for a rejected payment charge. I go online, and I see they tack on another $15 for the administration fee, so a $41.95 charge ($1.95 tax). They claim if I don't pay, it will result in "eventual referral to a debt collection agency." Call them up, and apparently during the cancellation process (I used website, did not call in) there is an option to keep pass until a certain date which I don't recall ever seeing. The guy on the phone even says it's a little confusing (forget exact word he used). And because of that I am obliged to pay. Problem is, I'm in college, and I need the money, and this extra $183.20 charge is really going to hurt. They still have my credit card on file, as well as my personal info (address, phone, email, etc...). Is this a big enough charge to actually worry about? I don't have a problem with cancelling my CC since the tap on it doesn't work, and been wanting a new card because of that anyway.