Fitness and Nutrition

Cancelling Anytime Fitness Membership

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2015 1:03 pm
[OP]
Mar 4, 2011
2 posts

Cancelling Anytime Fitness Membership

I just got off the phone with Anytime Fitness and I'm extremely disappointed to say the least. Can someone tell me if this has somehow become common practice?

I've been a member at the Tenth Line/Thomas location for many years now. I called today to confirm I could come in this evening to cancel my membership, but was told they only do cancellations on Mondays and Thursdays between 9am and 5pm.

To me this just looks like they are restricting the cancellation time to one that's inconvenient for anybody that works during the day. I find it ridiculous that I can't just walk in and cancel my membership as I have many times before at other gyms.

Very sneaky way to retain members and I'm thoroughly disappointed. Is this normal?
2 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13296 posts
4636 upvotes
I'm going to guess that's when an actual trained staff to handled cancelled are in during those hours

At the end of the day, anytime fitness is a budget gym.
rafay wrote: I just got off the phone with Anytime Fitness and I'm extremely disappointed to say the least. Can someone tell me if this has somehow become common practice?

I've been a member at the Tenth Line/Thomas location for many years now. I called today to confirm I could come in this evening to cancel my membership, but was told they only do cancellations on Mondays and Thursdays between 9am and 5pm.

To me this just looks like they are restricting the cancellation time to one that's inconvenient for anybody that works during the day. I find it ridiculous that I can't just walk in and cancel my membership as I have many times before at other gyms.

Very sneaky way to retain members and I'm thoroughly disappointed. Is this normal?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
[OP]
Mar 4, 2011
2 posts
If I were to walk in at any time during staffed hours, I'm sure every single person there is trained to sign me up for a membership. But if I want to cancel, I can only go during work hours on one of two weekdays? That doesn't make sense to me.

If there really is some magical training required to process cancellations, it makes sense to at least have this trained person there for a couple of hours in the evening.

I pretty much have to take a vacation day from work at this point to cancel my gym membership.