Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 3:54 pm
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2363 posts
1093 upvotes
ontario
ok. the crazy spike was from jeff sessions resigning.
Nov 5, 2003
218 posts
37 upvotes
momack wrote: MJ Rally started the past 2 years October 30 into the holiday season. Deep breath and away we go. Please.
Bye bye Sessions
Feb 27, 2013
219 posts
144 upvotes
Calgary
lilmikey wrote: @pujols

Could I ask you guys your opinion on pick and shovels plays? ie. QCC RTI QCA CBW etc.

RTI has slowly been taking off from their lows of 0.75 not long ago.
QCC has just been sitting around doing nothing but their CEO has been in the media here and there. Just dont know what to make of these companies going forward.
  • QCC & RTI - I generally like extraction focused plays, specifically RTI, VGW and LABs. QCC is also interesting, but I believe they're more focused on the sale and installation of equipment, which may be less sustainable than purely focusing on extraction itself. A lot of LPs I've spoken too prefer going to Vitalis over Quadron. If they went more towards the NEPT business model I think they'd do a lot better. - I personally have RTI, VGW and LABs.
  • QCA is interesting, but the biggest problem I've had with these kinds of funds is lagging share price when the market is in bull mode as the NAV is driven by the intrinsic value of the investments which doesn't reflect the same as a true ETF. On the plus side, these funds are usually less sensitive to downward movements in the sector. The potential differentiation factor is dividend distribution, which is something QCA excels at compared to their peers like CGOC and RKS. For example in August they did a $0.03 distribution close to 10% of share value, more recently they annouced a $0.00125 dividend, less significant but the 17th consecutive quarterly dividend paid. They've also got some impressive holdings, many early stage, including Xanthic, Aldershot, Acreage Holdings, C21 to name just a few. - I don't hold, but I've been meaning to add once I liquidate some other positions.
  • CBW/XLY - Strong management and advisors, just never been a fan of their capitalization structure. I think RIV did a better job with their streaming partners as well. Their business model is fully vertical and they've thought of everything, but it's laid out in a way that isn't easy for the average investor to dissect and see a clear road map. They're coming a bit late to the game with their production as well, so despite securing distribution I don't know how much they'll be able to capitalize on it in the near term. Where they may be an underdog is R&D and International Market.
~Let your actions reflect your desires
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6153 posts
1098 upvotes
ACB crazy bullish
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Oct 1, 2018
42 posts
10 upvotes
So I got in with CGC and ACB this morning... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. Think it would be wise to let it ride after hours or sell before closing?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
Ha, every time I walk the dog this happens!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1918 posts
753 upvotes
VANCOUVER
hebsie wrote: Ha, every time I walk the dog this happens!
Time to make the dog walk himself!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2363 posts
1093 upvotes
ontario
time to make hebsie walk the dog more often. :D
Sep 20, 2010
51 posts
10 upvotes
ottawa-gatineau
White Comet wrote: went up way too fast way too much, sold all my holdings...don't have hangover
What did you sell?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1566 posts
639 upvotes
London
ChrisH79767 wrote: Sold it all, back even again. Fresh start now.
Same.
White Comet wrote: went up way too fast way too much, sold all my holdings...don't have hangover
Ditto.

Feeling nice and calm. Glad to have made it out of ISOL a couple hundred up.