Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:47 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19155 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
zoro69 wrote: Another for my ignore list (kiburn). Wth has happened to rfd this year?

if you have no idea what you are taking about, which you don't saying "no stop losses"/"Pray they go up", you have no reason to post here at all. Just go sit and wait to lose all your money

Oh well, bye. And I woud prefer everyone put these idiots on ignore rather then get into endless back and forth
To be fair, stop loss doesn't seem to work in weed. I've been stopped out so many times a few cents above or below support. Support moves throughout the day and I end up taking the loss while the stock shoots up within the next 48 hours. @SkimGuy knows what I'm talking about because I'm always complaining to him bout it. I'm not setting like 5% stop loss either. More like 15% stop loss.

I admit I'm not the best trader but I've been burned way more than I'd like to admit.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3185 upvotes
It ALWAYS works, far far more with Weed! Everything is down 50-95%! Number 1 thing to do is not dream of riches, it is protect capital! You can always buy back. You have not been around the market long enough to make a post like that. If you don't want to, buy the index and forget about it for many years. Geez spend some money on a few trading books before your money is gone.
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
zoro69 wrote: Another for my ignore list (kiburn). Wth has happened to rfd this year?

if you have no idea what you are taking about, which you don't saying "no stop losses"/"Pray they go up", you have no reason to post here at all. Just go sit and wait to lose all your money

Oh well, bye. And I woud prefer everyone put these idiots on ignore rather then get into endless back and forth
There’s a lot of amateurs around here, where they are looking for someone to blame for their substantial loses in the sector.

As you’ve seen a one day bounce and all the rookies come up blaming “stop losses” versus their own bad trading choices. If you tend to buy the right stocks and with momentum in your favor a stop loss shouldn’t even need being used. But the amateurs have even turned on @hebsie now. So we see @geokilla upvoting a shill like that other poster. It might make him feel better but losses are still losses.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1201 posts
516 upvotes
The banks will hit your stops and they will take your shares. They thank you for the cheap liquidity.

If you're going to take your L just do it manually
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1201 posts
516 upvotes
geokilla wrote: To be fair, stop loss doesn't seem to work in weed. I've been stopped out so many times a few cents above or below support. Support moves throughout the day and I end up taking the loss while the stock shoots up within the next 48 hours. @SkimGuy knows what I'm talking about because I'm always complaining to him bout it. I'm not setting like 5% stop loss either. More like 15% stop loss.

I admit I'm not the best trader but I've been burned way more than I'd like to admit.
I dont think it works on anything. They will dig wormholes to steal your shares. early morning Vs.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1201 posts
516 upvotes

ONE HOUR CANDLES.

If i took it into 5 minutes you would see the robbery even more clearly.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
The bottom line is that you need to manage size and risk in any stock or sector. Pot stocks are nothing special......They're just stocks!

Everyone focuses on company #xyz going to $1000/share, but ignore the $0.01/share possibility and probability.
Always focus on downside risk first.... Once that's managed, it's simple investment 101.

Fwiw...... I was impressed by the Aphria earnings yesterday and acted accordingly.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
HUGE trades ex stock consolidation today.....down another 17%.....
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
zaidyboy wrote: and then there are some doodoo heads calling out @hebsie
Mostly the @geokilla and @herculesmaxpower types and the all of a sudden new trading wizard with 600 APHA shares @kilburn305

It’s why I’m not sad to see the sector obliterated as there so many of these types around the water cooler. When the dust settles and real long term investors can come into the sector. But they will have lost their entire portfolio for the most part.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3185 upvotes
aphira made money from this

"During the quarter the Company ceased accounting for it’s investment in Althea from equity accounting to fair value through profit
and loss, and recognized a gain of $24,255 in gain on long-term investment"

and only reported a profit of this Comprehensive income $ 14,755

which the market realized today

EDIT, also putting everyone upvoting terrible posts on ignore too, bye. No use for me to see them anyway, have fun losing
Last edited by zoro69 on Oct 16th, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1399 posts
957 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote: HUGE trades ex stock consolidation today.....down another 17%.....
Pathetic lol 201:1 reverse split. Glad I sold majority of my shares last September at the peak but I'm still holding a lot of shares with an avg of 0.13 (now ~0.033).
Dec 31, 2015
858 posts
234 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote: Mostly the @geokilla and @herculesmaxpower types and the all of a sudden new trading wizard with 600 APHA shares @kilburn305

It’s why I’m not sad to see the sector obliterated as there so many of these types around the water cooler. When the dust settles and real long term investors can come into the sector. But they will have lost their entire portfolio for the most part.
Dude wtf is wrong with you guys? You sit here in this thread all day shitting on weed stocks. No one even comes in here anymore to argue with you lol. Are you even making money on the way down? Doesn't sound like you have puts or a short position. You just enjoy watching it go down because you missed it on the way up.

The "bulls" or whatever you want to call them, aren't coming in here telling you to buy or anything. Do you want a cookie every time these stocks go down? I'm not sure why you're even bringing me up.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
herculesmaxpower wrote: Dude wtf is wrong with you guys? You sit here in this thread all day shitting on weed stocks. No one even comes in here anymore to argue with you lol. Are you even making money on the way down? Doesn't sound like you have puts or a short position. You just enjoy watching it go down because you missed it on the way up.

The "bulls" or whatever you want to call them, aren't coming in here telling you to buy or anything. Do you want a cookie every time these stocks go down? I'm not sure why you're even bringing me up.
Someone needed to call these terrible stocks out for what they are. It’s you Stockhouse style pumpers that helped encourage others to put money in this garbage sector. It’s not garbage you say? Why?

Now the idea of stop losses are under attack from you folks? Why? One up green day and all of a sudden stop losses are stupid.

Enjoy the red.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19155 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
cartfan123 wrote: Now the idea of stop losses are under attack from you folks? Why? One up green day and all of a sudden stop losses are stupid.
I would have got stopped out of AMD that I set 15% below my average price before it rebounded. I guess that's a terrible stock too huh?
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
geokilla wrote: I would have got stopped out of AMD that I set 15% below my average price before it rebounded. I guess that's a terrible stock too huh?
Enjoy the red.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19155 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
cartfan123 wrote: Enjoy the red.
I'm actually green with AMD. Thanks for your concern.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14472 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
geokilla wrote: I'm actually green with AMD. Thanks for your concern.
Really you are up on a stock?

Not too many up on anything in this sector.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)