Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 7:19 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8704 posts
9511 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
pentexplorer wrote: Waiting till an official comprehensive statement from them. Yeah I don't know, I had a 50% profit on the table at 21 just a month ago, it's just bonkers how this went down 300%.
If you shares went down 300%, that’s some Andy math there.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4955 posts
955 upvotes
Montreal
darkcloud8282 wrote: How hard is it to get employees to snap a few photos of those 3 places in question and post it? If their facilities exist and are not bullshit, the whole short argument falls apart.
Those offshore offices are probably in the same Eastern timezone or a few hours apart at best. As someone neutral who doesn't have any position, all the supporting documents and pictures along with the lack of official rebuttal indicate another Sino Forest type of fraud.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6099 posts
1045 upvotes
pentexplorer wrote: dude i have like 10x of those shares.. ur fine at 600 shares. im quite freaking out, just watched the 45min presentation and it has legitimate claims. I am waiting for Aphria to do an official claim.
I have someone 10x your shares and he is panicking. His reason is the same as yours.

Lesson is to never average down on a falling knife.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6099 posts
1045 upvotes
hebsie wrote:
This Andy guy has some new Marigold videos on his twitter. Andy looks like a complete d bag.

140M is a stretch.
Last edited by 1xTiMeR on Dec 4th, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8704 posts
9511 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
hebsie wrote:
Elon has set the bar high for crazy CEO behavior that gets tolerated. As such many will follow. Again here, why say anything unless he’s got some actual data and facts to back up his comment. And the idea that fairness opinions count for anything. They are performed by investment banks, the same ones that continue to make revenue on the financings that are required when the acquisition price is deemed fair. Similarly the lawyers get a price of the pie. The most acquisitions done, the more fees and the more incentive to overlook glaringly obvious bad deals.

This is not specific to Aphria. It’s specific to all roll ups in any sector that require multiple financings. The fees they generate to Bay St are enormous. Still retail investors bare blame also, because much of the information is publicly available and they know Bay St are likely to cheerlead for their fee generating companies. Any why they generate so much excitement in roll up phase.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8704 posts
9511 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
1xTiMeR wrote: I have someone 10x your shares and he is panicking. His reason is the same as yours.

Lesson is to never average down on a falling knife.
Agreed about falling knife.

Another lesson is, if you are going to play a high risk sector and names that are rolls up you better be widely diversified and not rifle shots in picking names. So 10+ names vs 1-3. I’d usually say stick with quality mgmt, but in this sector there’s very little to choose from with great backgrounds running public companies. So diversification can help reduce the risk and pain in a situation like this.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6099 posts
1045 upvotes
Apha responded. It's on TD app. Doesn't really speak to the allegations and went even as far to demonstrate their confidence by buying shares lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8704 posts
9511 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
1xTiMeR wrote: Apha responded. It's on TD app. Doesn't really speak to the allegations and went even as far to demonstrate their confidence by buying shares lol
Buying a small amount (to them) of shares is the oldest trick in the book by creating a smokescreen. And as you said doesn't speak to the allegations.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2001
1387 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: APHA halted pending news. This could be an interesting day.
For the past 6 months I’ve been waiting for the stock to halted on the hopes of “Good news” this stock has caused me nothing but grief. :-/
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8803 posts
968 upvotes
Oh i'm seeing -13% now (probably delayed), but yes it's halted so anything can happen today.
Jon Lai wrote: That was before the NR. It's -3% now.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

_Jason_