1311 upvotes
GTA
EHM on sale as well as ATT
TGIF still halted
Mar 27, 2012
825 posts
128 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
Jon Lai wrote: Is there news? Otherwise I don't see how this 100% gain can be held..
I don't follow them since it's not in my portfolio. I think their next earnings will be out at the end of Dec.

I guess I will have to let this train go and stick with my LG and LDS play which I bought base on speculation that price will go up once California legalize cannabis for recreational use.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5062 posts
695 upvotes
grilw wrote: My trailing stop sell triggered at 2.125 , locked in a nice profit , might reenter real soon tho or start selling in partial lots
u sell the full position? I have been burned too many times selling full positions. have since started doing 30-50% partial sell offs.
Sep 16, 2017
345 posts
234 upvotes
bought in to more BLGV. hoping for some good movement here.
Aug 29, 2010
419 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
MasterBD wrote: bought in to more BLGV. hoping for some good movement here.
Me too snagged some .125s. Should be good :) S/O at 237 mil but I still see this bad boy hitting .40/.50 on news
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1550 posts
153 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: u sell the full position? I have been burned too many times selling full positions. have since started doing 30-50% partial sell offs.
Yes I am already regretting selling! 10%/5% was clearly too aggressive ... live and learn I guess ! Will be looking for a re-entry point after a pullback soon
Jan 3, 2017
67 posts
13 upvotes
White Comet wrote: Sold BLGV at 0.135 for a quick profit yesterday, looking to get back in the 11s
I've been so tempted to do it as well
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4911 posts
402 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
had a good day for me. CHV and QCC get a boost. LG is still a beast for me. Got in at $0.13.
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Jan 22, 2015
662 posts
179 upvotes
Does Loblaw stock price (through Shoppers Drug Mart) have any future potential with legalization??

Seems that most of the top weed companies aren't even making much money and it's just speculation driving up the share prices. Loblaw seems like a good way to indirectly invest into the marijuana industry if they end up dispensing.
Nov 13, 2011
650 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rssdale wrote: Does Loblaw stock price (through Shoppers Drug Mart) have any future potential with legalization??

Seems that most of the top weed companies aren't even making much money and it's just speculation driving up the share prices. Loblaw seems like a good way to indirectly invest into the marijuana industry if they end up dispensing.
If the producers aren't making much money, how will Shoppers/Loblaws make money?
Mar 27, 2012
825 posts
128 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
rssdale wrote: Does Loblaw stock price (through Shoppers Drug Mart) have any future potential with legalization??

You might want to check this out :) and specifically page 5 and that is only from 852 kg being sold at max capacity of 9k kg/yr

https://aphria.ca/wp-content/uploads/20 ... 18-MDA.pdf

Disclosure: I have 66% of my portfolio allocated to Aphria.
Jan 22, 2015
662 posts
179 upvotes
darkcloud8282 wrote: If the producers aren't making much money, how will Shoppers/Loblaws make money?
Well they aren't making much money compared to their stock price. Obviously they'll keep on producing but I doubt they'll hold their value. In that case Loblaw can potentially have another revenue stream. So worse case scenario I'm wrong and you end up with shares in a so so performing stock. If I'm right you save yourself from losing money and might see Loblaws see some nice profits.

I guess it all depends on the level of risk you wanna take though but it's just a thought I had. Not not trying to bash anyone here. I know lots of people have made a lot of money on weed stocks already but the amount of growth just seems to be too good to be true. I've already put some money into HMMJ but having doubts and might sell.
Last edited by rssdale on Dec 22nd, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)