Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 7:19 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
3554 posts
334 upvotes
MJISGOAT wrote: I wouldn't sell out on these stocks right now. The hype is really just starting and the institutions are looking to jump on the gravy trains. Find a few of these guys like GLH and PUF and sit on it until next year. I understand that it's hard to not lock in those profits but the pay-out will be much bigger as we keep inching closer towards legalization. Guys, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to capitalize. Go big or go home.
Yea except I had to sell to buy RLV and ISOL. So many options out there and so much potential

Couldn't get on the BOC hype train. +150% today
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
795 upvotes
White Comet wrote: Yea except I had to sell to buy RLV and ISOL. So many options out there and so much potential

Couldn't get on the BOC hype train. +150% today
Yeah, same here. I'm so maxed out on funds. It also doesn't help that I went ape crazy on Black Friday shopping :facepalm:

Btw, I had my eyes on ATT as well. It had a good pop today but it's still cheap.
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
795 upvotes
White Comet wrote: ATT?? AT&T? or you mean APP -10% today?
LOL nah. I'm talking about ATT - Abattis Bioceuticals Corp. I sold out last week to fund my PUF shares and hated myself for selling ATT today. shizzz
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44544 posts
5113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
White Comet wrote: crazy day, had no funds left and didn't sell APP when it was at the peak at 43 cents or so...only bought 27.5k shares of GLH unfortunately.

FIRE/PUF/LG are all up when I sold too early.
You guys are ballers - that would be more than a full position for me.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Sep 18, 2007
70 posts
8 upvotes
When I was accumulating my core position earlier this year I was hoping APH will be $10 by year end. I certainly did not expect it to hit $12 this quickly.

Just goes to show how risky this sector is. In the next month or so $12 can easily reach into $15+ (relative to ACB) or fall below $10 (relative to ... hmm logic)

Your guess is as good as mine.
Nov 20, 2008
970 posts
307 upvotes
MJISGOAT wrote: I wouldn't sell out on these stocks right now. The hype is really just starting and the institutions are looking to jump on the gravy trains. Find a few of these guys like GLH and PUF and sit on it until next year. I understand that it's hard to not lock in those profits but the pay-out will be much bigger as we keep inching closer towards legalization. Guys, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to capitalize. Go big or go home.
I want to put in some money in some companies and just let it ride. Based on prices tonight, would you give me suggestions as how you would invest $10,000?

I'll obviously do my research but just wondering your opinion as I appreciate you give your positions and advice on this forum to help others who don't have as much experience in this sector.
Jul 20, 2003
965 posts
73 upvotes
Surrey
Jon Lai wrote: You guys are ballers - that would be more than a full position for me.
i know. I felt cheap for buying 10k shares. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
795 upvotes
1C5 wrote: I want to put in some money in some companies and just let it ride. Based on prices tonight, would you give me suggestions as how you would invest $10,000?

I'll obviously do my research but just wondering your opinion as I appreciate you give your positions and advice on this forum to help others who don't have as much experience in this sector.
Hey Man, I am certainly not qualified to offer any sort of financial recommendations but I would say take a good look at ISOL, PUF and GLH.
ISOL gained closed to 50% today but many believe that this stock should be trading in the $2.50 range. Watch for it to open around 1.70 in the morning and could test $2.00.
PUF to me is very much is MYM. PUF has been trading sideways for quite a while and an obvious breakout pattern was forming when the volume started picking up during that past 10 days or so. I picked up a bunch and was just waiting for today to happen. PUF are equal partners with MYM on the Australia investment so there's no reason why MYM is trading above $2 while PUF was trading sideways at around .56-.60. PUF closed with a new 52 week high at .84. It will blow past $1.00 easily IMO with rumours of news + the possibility of being scooped up by Canopy.
GLH is just undervalued. Period. Fabulous news today being awarded their cultivating license so that alone should propel this stock to .40 - .50 by end of week.

10K is not a lot to invest in the top 3 (WEED, ACB and APH). WEED will be hovering around the $20 price point for a bit IMO and ACB is just seriously overbought, Auroras market Cap is currently DOUBLE of Aphria's which doesn't make any sense. Aphria is the best buy right now out of the top 3. They should be trading in the $15 price point right now but was held back because of their feud with the TMX. I think this is a non issue now and any positive news release will send Aphria's price point through the roof. Lets not forget that Aphria is BY FAR the lowest cost per gram producer out of the big 3. Their executive team being led by Vic Neufield is like the dream team of the Cannabis industry. Vic Neufield was the CEO of Jamieson Vitamins and have extremely good ties to Shopper Drug Mart and other pharmacies. I think they have the biggest chance of landing a huge pharmacy supplier contract given his awesome relationships built from his days at Jamieson and their ability to offer their clients better margin due to their lowest in MJ production costs. Aphria is the only one out of the big 3 consistently reporting quarterly positive revenues. Guys, don't forget that Arlene Dickinson sits as a board member for Aphria as well. She is a marketing genius and I am sure will make her influence felt very soon!

Remember one thing - Never bet with sweaty palms! only invest what you can lose. Take a risk here and there but make sure you can sleep at night. :)
Oct 29, 2008
215 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
White Comet wrote: speak of the devil, APP is down 10%
I have a small position compared to some of you guys and when they were down, I was going to panic sell at market price.. but thankfully my internet (freedom) went haywire so I wasn't able to load my app.

What are your thoughts on APP?
Nov 20, 2008
970 posts
307 upvotes
MJISGOAT wrote: Hey Man, I am certainly not qualified to offer any sort of financial recommendations but I would say take a good look at ISOL, PUF and GLH.
ISOL gained closed to 50% today but many believe that this stock should be trading in the $2.50 range. Watch for it to open around 1.70 in the morning and could test $2.00.
PUF to me is very much is MYM. PUF has been trading sideways for quite a while and an obvious breakout pattern was forming when the volume started picking up during that past 10 days or so. I picked up a bunch and was just waiting for today to happen. PUF are equal partners with MYM on the Australia investment so there's no reason why MYM is trading above $2 while PUF was trading sideways at around .56-.60. PUF closed with a new 52 week high at .84. It will blow past $1.00 easily IMO with rumours of news + the possibility of being scooped up by Canopy.
GLH is just undervalued. Period. Fabulous news today being awarded their cultivating license so that alone should propel this stock to .40 - .50 by end of week.

10K is not a lot to invest in the top 3 (WEED, ACB and APH). WEED will be hovering around the $20 price point for a bit IMO and ACB is just seriously overbought, Auroras market Cap is currently DOUBLE of Aphria's which doesn't make any sense. Aphria is the best buy right now out of the top 3. They should be trading in the $15 price point right now but was held back because of their feud with the TMX. I think this is a non issue now and any positive news release will send Aphria's price point through the roof. Lets not forget that Aphria is BY FAR the lowest cost per gram producer out of the big 3. Their executive team being led by Vic Neufield is like the dream team of the Cannabis industry. Vic Neufield was the CEO of Jamieson Vitamins and have extremely good ties to Shopper Drug Mart and other pharmacies. I think they have the biggest chance of landing a huge pharmacy supplier contract given his awesome relationships built from his days at Jamieson and their ability to offer their clients better margin due to their lowest in MJ production costs. Aphria is the only one out of the big 3 consistently reporting quarterly positive revenues. Guys, don't forget that Arlene Dickinson sits as a board member for Aphria as well. She is a marketing genius and I am sure will make her influence felt very soon!

Remember one thing - Never bet with sweaty palms! only invest what you can lose. Take a risk here and there but make sure you can sleep at night. :)
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I'll check out all these.