Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2021 1:27 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
hebsie wrote: Will do. I'm expecting a good 1/2hr wait on this one. What I'm told there is no precedent for dealing with this. Seems to be the luck of the draw, or more so, who answers the phone
53:03 mins in and still on hold

They're obviously testing me, trying to see who caves first!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
slotscanada wrote: Whatever they offer you, you best counter offer for the hour on hold to up the ante!
I'm at 1hr 10min in and they've almost broke me down. I really gotta go make some supper here....
Newbie
Jan 3, 2017
67 posts
13 upvotes
I stuck put with my current portfolio, didn't buy more or sell anything (although tempted lol). One hella of a ride the past two weeks to end this year. Can't wait for 2018!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
hebsie wrote: I'm at 1hr 10min in and they've almost broke me down. I really gotta go make some supper here....
2hrs , 32sec

Okay, this is now war. First line customer service rep was useless. On hold for a manager since 1hr 40min

They truly have no idea how stubborn I am!!



ps...but I do have to go out in a hour!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
hebsie wrote: 2hrs , 32sec

Okay, this is now war. First line customer service rep was useless. On hold for a manager since 1hr 40min

They truly have no idea how stubborn I am!!



ps...but I do have to go out in a hour!
Okay, 2hrs 28mins in, Canada just lost in the shootout, but I am getting credited six free trades.

Literally a beg and plead situation, definitely a YMMV if I've ever seen one. Stay calm, be nice, hold your ground if you're going to call.

They tried every avenue to get out of it. First offer was zilch, then came two, next five, we finally agreed to six.

Finally hebs wins something this week! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2781 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
Wow what a day with the roller coaster emotion ending with a solid finish at the end and of course what a week - I'm up 40% just this week alone. Hope you guys enjoyed your gains and let the gain train keep on rolling next year boyzzz
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2003
1629 posts
154 upvotes
Hamilton
hebsie wrote: Okay, 2hrs 28mins in, Canada just lost in the shootout, but I am getting credited six free trades.

Literally a beg and plead situation, definitely a YMMV if I've ever seen one. Stay calm, be nice, hold your ground if you're going to call.

They tried every avenue to get out of it. First offer was zilch, then came two, next five, we finally agreed to six.

Finally hebs wins something this week! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Thanks for the updates. I'll maybe try them first of the week. Happy New Years!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 9, 2008
5681 posts
2234 upvotes
Thornhill
hebsie wrote: Okay, 2hrs 28mins in, Canada just lost in the shootout, but I am getting credited six free trades.

Literally a beg and plead situation, definitely a YMMV if I've ever seen one. Stay calm, be nice, hold your ground if you're going to call.

They tried every avenue to get out of it. First offer was zilch, then came two, next five, we finally agreed to six.

Finally hebs wins something this week! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Good job! Don't let these ibanks get away for free when they screw up.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8763 posts
3211 upvotes
Toronto
hebsie wrote: Okay, 2hrs 28mins in, Canada just lost in the shootout, but I am getting credited six free trades.

Literally a beg and plead situation, definitely a YMMV if I've ever seen one. Stay calm, be nice, hold your ground if you're going to call.

They tried every avenue to get out of it. First offer was zilch, then came two, next five, we finally agreed to six.

Finally hebs wins something this week! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Thanks for the update. I did send any email to my usual contact in TD DI, about it being down. Well the guy is on vacation.

Next week I'll be moving accounts out of TD DI. CIBC has offers that are enticing (get $400 each account) and I think I'll give them a try.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 27, 2012
802 posts
106 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
Arrgh wrote: Thanks for the update. I did send any email to my usual contact in TD DI, about it being down. Well the guy is on vacation.

Next week I'll be moving accounts out of TD DI. CIBC has offers that are enticing (get $400 each account) and I think I'll give them a try.
Have you see my post about I scotia? I already have an appointment with them next week and that $100.00 is nb. Looks like CIBC offer is superior than scotia

https://www.investorsedge.cibc.com/en/s ... hback.html

Edit:

Am I seeing it correctly that CIBC is offering 6.95 per trade? Darn! if so why did I just see that now.
For Sale

Lenticular Coin and Stamp Set - Superman: Then and Now (2013) for $40.00 + S&H
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8763 posts
3211 upvotes
Toronto
dealbreak3r wrote: Have you see my post about I scotia? I already have an appointment with them next week and that $100.00 is nb. Looks like CIBC offer is superior than scotia

https://www.investorsedge.cibc.com/en/s ... hback.html

Edit:

Am I seeing it correctly that CIBC is offering 6.95 per trade? Darn! if so why did I just see that now.
Yes I saw that iTrade offer. CIBC offer is better for my TFSAs, at $400 each. Yes, CIBC's fee is $6.95/trade, which is about the same as my iTrade fee of $6.99/trade.

I'm just fed up with TD DI's inferiority and problems, and will give CIBC a try. It also gives me one more bank broker for the possible Bought Deals.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 27, 2012
802 posts
106 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
Arrgh wrote: Yes I saw that iTrade offer. CIBC offer is better for my TFSAs, at $400 each. Yes, CIBC's fee is $6.95/trade, which is about the same as my iTrade fee of $6.99/trade.

I'm just fed up with TD DI's inferiority and problems, and will give CIBC a try. It also gives me one more bank broker for the possible Bought Deals.
Darn! I should have really pay attention with what other company is offering since I've been using TD for 5 years now and paying 9.99 per trade.

I'll have to cancel my scotia appointment and go with CIBC instead.
For Sale

Lenticular Coin and Stamp Set - Superman: Then and Now (2013) for $40.00 + S&H
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8763 posts
3211 upvotes
Toronto
dealbreak3r wrote: Darn! I should have really pay attention with what other company is offering since I've been using TD for 5 years now and paying 9.99 per trade.

I'll have to cancel my scotia appointment and go with CIBC instead.
Don't dismiss iTrade yet. iTrade has a good trading platform. It's solid, and easier to use (unlike TD DI with so many problems). In addition to the FlightDesk tool, one thing I really like is where you're placing a trade, you can click to see level 2 (5 bids and asks), which is very handy. Do see what they offer.

I'm going to try CIBC for my TFSA accounts, only to try it out, and have one more broker for Bought Deals. The $6.95 commission should be a small part of the consideration. Rather it should be the easy of use, real-time updates, ease of fund transfers, and robustness (which TD DI is severely lacking, evidenced by today's afternoon outage).

For the volatility of the weed stocks, TD DI fails miserably. iTrade has been good. I'd be interested to hear of other people's experience with other trading platforms.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2003
1629 posts
154 upvotes
Hamilton
Arrgh wrote: Thanks for the update. I did send any email to my usual contact in TD DI, about it being down. Well the guy is on vacation.

Next week I'll be moving accounts out of TD DI. CIBC has offers that are enticing (get $400 each account) and I think I'll give them a try.
Assuming you have 100$k per account the bonus is 400$ according to their website.

https://www.investorsedge.cibc.com/en/s ... hback.html

I think Scotia had a similar offer but 1200$ bonus
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1588 posts
655 upvotes
London
slotscanada wrote: Assuming you have 100$k per account the bonus is 400$ according to their website.

https://www.investorsedge.cibc.com/en/s ... hback.html

I think Scotia had a similar offer but 1200$ bonus
You need to move a million to get the $1200.

The more you invest, the more you could get*:
Amount Funded Pre-paid Visa gift card
$25,000 – $49,999 $50
$50,000 – $99,999 $100
$100,000 – $249,999 $200
$250,000 – $499,999 $300
$500,000 – $999,999 $600
$1,000,000+ $1,200

I’d only get $200. It’s the cheaper trades that could add up quickly.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
Drakestar wrote: You need to move a million to get the $1200.

The more you invest, the more you could get*:
Amount Funded Pre-paid Visa gift card
$25,000 – $49,999 $50
$50,000 – $99,999 $100
$100,000 – $249,999 $200
$250,000 – $499,999 $300
$500,000 – $999,999 $600
$1,000,000+ $1,200

I’d only get $200. It’s the cheaper trades that could add up quickly.
The bigger question, can we buy weed stocks with our prepaid Visa gift cards! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1588 posts
655 upvotes
London
hebsie wrote: The bigger question, can we buy weed stocks with our prepaid Visa gift cards! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
You’ll certainly be able to buy real weed with it this summer! I don’t partake in anything but the profits though.

I didn’t realize that TD was $3 more than CIBC for trades. They know that people don’t want to go through the hassle of moving and having deal with yet another bank. I like logging on to Notsoeasyweb and seeing everything laid out there. I like the consolidated balance where in a glance I can see how close to being at zero I am.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8763 posts
3211 upvotes
Toronto
slotscanada wrote: Assuming you have 100$k per account the bonus is 400$ according to their website.

https://www.investorsedge.cibc.com/en/s ... hback.html

I think Scotia had a similar offer but 1200$ bonus
I'd get $300 with the Scotia iTrade offer, with CIBC I'd get $400, with my TFSA accounts.

With iTrade it's supposed to be for new customers, but it's something you can negotiate with them if bringing in large amounts to them.
Drakestar wrote: You’ll certainly be able to buy real weed with it this summer! I don’t partake in anything but the profits though.

I didn’t realize that TD was $3 more than CIBC for trades. They know that people don’t want to go through the hassle of moving and having deal with yet another bank. I like logging on to Notsoeasyweb and seeing everything laid out there. I like the consolidated balance where in a glance I can see how close to being at zero I am.
With TD, in easyweb you'll see your bank account and the DI or PIC accounts, but the investment accounts are yesterday's numbers. To do trading you'd need to log into the TD DI/webbroker account.

In iTrade you can see the bank accounts and the iTrade accounts together in real-time numbers all in one accounts.

After the TD DI outage for a long time yesterday afternoon, people are realizing how inferior and unstable TD DI is. Many people should consider leaving TD DI.

Top