• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 11:40 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6140 posts
1995 upvotes
Thornhill
I don't invest. I'll start with that.
A friend of mine who does, pulled up financials for all or majority( I don't know) of the Canadian MJ companies for us to look at as a practice and I was amazed how much cash these companies are burning through. They are all in a dark dark hole and some seem to be running out of cash.
Some seems to be cashing-in, with some stunning bonuses and bogus payouts. Canopy was probably the worst of them all based on the massive number of "expenses". I know a few people who work in the Canopy's affiliated marketing field and the amount of money Canopy are wasting( and have been) on marketing that is useless is to the point where it smells like money laundering. That or all of their marketing team are complete dummies out of high school. I am more inclined to think the 1st option is more correct.
Certainly scam websites such as fool.com try hard with a lot of fake paid articles,but it isn't' helping.

I certainly do wish them all well, but it is obvious, many won't make it for more than 1-3 years. They can't be all losing so much money and then start making considerable profit.
I often use voice typing and rarely read what I had typed...
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1210 posts
281 upvotes
Vancouver
dazz wrote: I don't invest. I'll start with that.
A friend of mine who does, pulled up financials for all or majority( I don't know) of the Canadian MJ companies for us to look at as a practice and I was amazed how much cash these companies are burning through. They are all in a dark dark hole and some seem to be running out of cash.
Some seems to be cashing-in, with some stunning bonuses and bogus payouts. Canopy was probably the worst of them all based on the massive number of "expenses". I know a few people who work in the Canopy's affiliated marketing field and the amount of money Canopy are wasting( and have been) on marketing that is useless is to the point where it smells like money laundering. That or all of their marketing team are complete dummies out of high school. I am more inclined to think the 1st option is more correct.
Certainly scam websites such as fool.com try hard with a lot of fake paid articles,but it isn't' helping.

I certainly do wish them all well, but it is obvious, many won't make it for more than 1-3 years. They can't be all losing so much money and then start making considerable profit.
apart from APHA, i dont see how anyone else could survive...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8476 posts
2147 upvotes
No one left here to comment on ACB earnings...$3.3 billion loss, stock down 18%
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2252 posts
1140 upvotes
GTA
zoro69 wrote: No one left here to comment on ACB earnings...$3.3 billion loss, stock down 18%
Better plays out there , I made some but lost more in MJ sector in the long run so moved away from it. Must say I learned a lot from starting my investment learnings in this sector.

APH WEED will be left in the end, do yourself a favour and play the US names at this point if you want to play MJ sector.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4522 posts
3771 upvotes
May 20th, 2020 5:01 pm
MrMom wrote: Re: ACB

I thought they gathered all the Nortel mgmt playbooks and burned them. I guess not.

Dilute the common.
zoro69 wrote:
the market likes

US$16.79
4.04 (31.69%)
zoro69 wrote: No one left here to comment on ACB earnings...$3.3 billion loss, stock down 18%
And just like Nortel ...

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/au ... quote_news

"The company said earlier this month it expected a write-down of goodwill and intangible assets as high as C$1.8 billion. The figure came in at C$1.6 billion. Other adjustments during the quarter included fixed-asset impairment charges of C$86.5 million and a C$135.1 million charge for the carrying value of some inventory."
ZIRP >>> TINA
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12053 posts
15241 upvotes
Why did the price of ACB jump 15% before the earnings report? It does not make sense because a bad earning report was expected. It's like some people knew the stock price was going to tank after the report so they sold ACB ahead of time.
Have a nice day!

Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54091 posts
19000 upvotes
BetaPro Marijuana Companies 2x Daily Bull ETF HMJU

or

BetaPro Marijuana Companies Inverse ETF HMJI

Surprised they removed HMMJ (1x)
Jan 6, 2015
819 posts
222 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote: Why did the price of ACB jump 15% before the earnings report? It does not make sense because a bad earning report was expected. It's like some people knew the stock price was going to tank after the report so they sold ACB ahead of time.
some people need money to short it, so sell before ERDisappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8846 posts
1008 upvotes
ACB looking tempting but I woudn't touch it... Luckily I sold everything when it popped 15% yesterday or was it the day before... can't recall.

I did repick up VFF today... very small amount for about $6.35
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1467 posts
412 upvotes
Kitchener
Makes you wonder how you can lose money by selling high profit drugs.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4522 posts
3771 upvotes
CURA halted. Not on the IIROC page, but I received an Alert

Update: Very brief. It has resumed trading.
Last edited by MrMom on Sep 24th, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZIRP >>> TINA
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
8108 posts
4493 upvotes
Alberta
SomeGuyGG wrote: Makes you wonder how you can lose money by selling high profit drugs.
Because people are buying it from the black market for way cheaper.
Jan 5, 2015
68 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SomeGuyGG wrote: Makes you wonder how you can lose money by selling high profit drugs.
That's not the fault of the companies themselves but the government regulations dooming them from the start.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 1 guest)

rfdCaper, sancho348, blexann, specs_bv, freilona