Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 5:38 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
1xTiMeR wrote: Crazy. Might have a sick run?
Or a 'sick' slide, that's a lot of dilution.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
8725 posts
10476 upvotes
Toronto
oasis100 wrote: I'm waiting for the pre- lunch drop now to get back in at lower prices...Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Doesn't look like that's going to happen today
Mar 27, 2012
801 posts
106 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
LDS is seems having a good recovery so far :)
For Sale

Lenticular Coin and Stamp Set - Superman: Then and Now (2013) for $40.00 + S&H
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
298 posts
184 upvotes
Ramblings wrote: I am up 160% right now compared to Friday close ...kind of crazy.
Ramblings wrote: HMMJ,HMMJ.U, APH, HVST, MPX
None of those are up anywhere near 160% today.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2749 posts
1270 upvotes
wondering why QCA (Quinsam) is up so much. No news that I see.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4465 posts
2156 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Been Watching TGIF....

Wondering if I should jump in on the decline, or if it's a turd stain?

Any news on it? I can't see much
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
zinger9 wrote: None of those are up anywhere near 160% today.
Maybe it is cumalative lol. I had a buddy who used to think 10 reps of 100 lbs meant they lifted 1000 lbs at the gym Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 20, 2008
988 posts
324 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote: Maybe it is cumalative lol. I had a buddy who used to think 10 reps of 100 lbs meant they lifted 1000 lbs at the gym Face With Tears Of Joy
Technically he did. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1588 posts
655 upvotes
London
dealbreak3r wrote: LDS is seems having a good recovery so far :)
That is the one I am getting killed on. I have 2000 at 1.48. Ouch, but at least it is going in the right direction.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4465 posts
2156 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Might grab some MGW once it stops dropping.
Dec 22, 2008
356 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
zinger9 wrote: None of those are up anywhere near 160% today.
Sorry, correction - my unrealized gains are up that amount -- from $4k to $10+
Banned
Dec 23, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
Drakestar wrote: I think that everyone likes this "nice guy". So, if I understood correctly (half asleep) he suggests investing in funds and smaller companies that support the industry (including companies that make tamper proof transportation containers etc).

HMMJ has 30 holding including the big guys.

Does anyone know of a fund that limits itself to a group of small players? Not the WEEDS of the world.

What does BUZZ.p do? the TD description is weak. I'll do a search.
BUZ.P:

The corporation is a capital pool company (CPC) pursuant to Policy 2.4 of the exchange. Except as specifically contemplated in the CPC policy, until the completion of its qualifying transaction (as defined in the CPC policy), the corporation will not carry on business, other than the identification and evaluation of companies, business or assets with a view to completing a proposed qualifying transaction.

Now the kicker is WHO are the Directors

Chuck Rifici
Mr. Rifici is a chartered accountant, who also has a computer engineering degree. From 1995 to 2012, he mostly provided chief financial officer services to private tech companies. From September, 2011, to June, 2016, he volunteered as the treasurer of the Liberal Party of Canada. These days, he is better known as a marijuana promoter.

In April, 2014, Mr. Rifici's Tweed Inc. became the first licensed pot producer to go public. He launched it through one-time shell-maker Larry Poirier's capital pool shell, LW Capital Pool Inc. The resulting issuer, Tweed Marijuana Inc., peaked at $3.95 on its third day of trading. Mr. Rifici left the company a few months later. In September, 2015, Tweed Marijuana merged with Bedrocan Cannabis Corp. to form Canopy Growth Corp. (WEED: $8.51).

In May, 2017, Mr. Rifici became the chairman and chief executive officer of Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp. (CBW: $0.74), which calls itself a "cannabis streaming company" and hopes to remind investors of the other "streaming company" with "Wheaton" in its name. Mr. Rifici is also the CEO of Nesta Holding Co. Ltd. and the chairman of National Access Cannabis Corp. Nesta is a marijuana investment firm. National Access is a private operator of marijuana prescription clinics. It is working on its launch through former broker Connor Cruise's capital pool shell, Brassneck Capital Corp. (BC: halted).

Mr. Rifici has two fellow directors at Buzz Capital: Lorne Gertner and W. Brett Wilson. Mr. Gertner was the chairman of a marijuana investment firm called PharmaCan Capital Corp. from December, 2014, to May, 2016. PharmaCan has since changed its name to Cronos Group Inc. (MJN: $2.31) and now trades about six times higher than PharmaCan used to. In April, 2015, Mr. Gertner and his son, Alan Gertner, opened a retail store in Toronto called Tokyo Smoke, which sells marijuana, coffee and clothing. Since then, two more Tokyo Smoke branches have opened in Toronto. The elder Mr. Gertner is also a director of licensed pot grower Emblem Corp. (EMC: $1.73).

The third director of Buzz Capital, Mr. Wilson, is a civil engineer in Calgary. He is an oil and gas promoter, known to many as a former investor on the CBC television program Dragons' Den. He is the chairman of Canoe Financial Corp., manager of Canoe EIT Income Fund (EIT: $11.29) and a dozen other funds. He is also a director of Maxim Power Corp. (MXG: $2.70), a clean energy producer in Alberta.

Tokyo Smoke is raising $5-million in a Series B financing. In a news release earlier this month, it provided no details of the financing but said that its lead investor was licensed pot producer Aphria Inc. (APH: $5.73). It also said it was "encouraged by demand from new and existing investors, including W. Brett Wilson."

It´s basically a bet on the Jockeys, not the horse, as BUZ.P has no existing business as of yet.

One of these days they will announce their qualifying transaction, a new PP will be made, stock halted and when all dust settles it will open up for trading at 2 or 3 bucks as I am dead sure they will bring in a quality issue into this shell....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)