Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 10:25 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9945 posts
1827 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: Don't understand PUF , why the big drop?

Went from +100% to -30% on this, not happy.
If I have the correct symbol and stock:
Todays level should hold, if not I see 0.3706

Personally, I wouldn't touch penny stocks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6035 posts
1021 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote: Anyone who is in the market should remember:

1) have a plan before you enter :

S: stop price , set one into the system to automatically kick you out
E: Entry price, only enter at a level of quality demand
T: target price, set or manually exit for profit

2) follow the plan, no and, iffs or buts

3) correlate with the market. If S&P , Dow are all going down, and not near any demand yet, then do NOT enter into your stocks yet

4) don't turn a short term trade into a long term one simply because you are now in the red. Get out and admit the loss (see above, Stop price)

Hope is not a successful method in the Stock market

One loss can wipe out 10 gains.
This guy is right. You will never have to pray for your stocks to go up ever again.

Edit: maybe not so much in point 3
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Oct 16, 2008
918 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Oh man... should have sold ACB long ago. Hope this legalization thing in a year turns around.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9945 posts
1827 upvotes
Toronto
Pho6 wrote: Oh man... should have sold ACB long ago. Hope this legalization thing in a year turns around.
I wish you the best. But be prepared for worse on ACB. See my previous posts on ACB.

Log this down and remember next time to have a set price to Exit for profit and Exit for loss.

Don't let a paper profit turn into a loss. As they say

Once GREEN, never RED
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9945 posts
1827 upvotes
Toronto
1xTiMeR wrote: This guy is right. You will never have to pray for your stocks to go up ever again.

Edit: maybe not so much in point 3
Overall market is the big ocean. If the tide is going out, our little ships (stocks) will be dragged out as well.

Right now Dow Jones can fall more, demand isn't until lower. So I would wait and not enter into anything new.

When S&P or Dow Jones reach demand, it's a good time to look into buying stocks like MasterCard, Visa, Costco. They are on sale.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2352 posts
1086 upvotes
ontario
we may have turned the corner. higher lows & highs on the 5 min WEED chart. let's hope it holds and continues.
Jan 7, 2013
589 posts
284 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
esoxhntr wrote: we may have turned the corner. higher lows & highs on the 5 min WEED chart. let's hope it holds and continues.
Just catching its breath until the next free fall.

But I hope you're right.
Jan 8, 2018
69 posts
10 upvotes
TORONTO
rfdrfd wrote: Overall market is the big ocean. If the tide is going out, our little ships (stocks) will be dragged out as well.

Right now Dow Jones can fall more, demand isn't until lower. So I would wait and not enter into anything new.

When S&P or Dow Jones reach demand, it's a good time to look into buying stocks like MasterCard, Visa, Costco. They are on sale.
V and MA are on my list for sure. But theres likely room for more of a downfall. Wouldnt you want to wait until some of this volatility stabilizes?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
Funny, we joked about $15 HMMJ not two months ago.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
1952 posts
1259 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Has anybody sold @ a loss? Or plan to hold and hope it rises again?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
chilli604 wrote: Has anybody sold @ a loss? Or plan to hold and hope it rises again?
My entries were all in the last week or so, so while this is not what I'd hoped for, it doesn't gravely concern me. I'd be very concerned if I was holding from January though.

And the sector will rise, it's just a matter of when and how much it does. I see another double bottom on WEED coming in the short-term here and then we hopefully reset and start things over. I am not confident enough to add to positions right now though.

So there's always room for lower, but most that have followed the sector have seen this before. What happens next is anyone's guess. It's always easier for people to show up after the fact and claim they knew this was coming, make themselves out to be some kind of market prophets.