Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 4:14 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 15, 2005
1455 posts
864 upvotes
llpresident wrote: Well clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about lol.
You and me both, lol. I had placed a limit order at the start of the day to buy @ $12.50 in case something weird happened.
Go to a meeting, come back and it's filled with a huge loss :rolleyes: .. oh well, it only raised my ACB slightly.
Last edited by Arkaine on Feb 14th, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8761 posts
3209 upvotes
Toronto
Matrix_dot_ca wrote: I bought some more on on the dip. Not sure why the sell off but news are looking all good to me.
WEED did report earning $3 for fiscal Q3, 2017. Not too good for a $1B company. Most people are buying on huge expectations.

Also bad news about companies using banned pesticide myclobutanil, including Mettrum, that was just bought out by WEED. That is also raising concerns on how many companies are doing this. It also brings home the reality that growing weed has its risks.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5981 posts
414 upvotes
Calgary
PunPryde wrote: Put in a request for 1,000 shares of MJN.v
i bought 2000 last week and pretty glad i did even though they announced dilution today. ill probably buy more if it goes under about 2.15 again...
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3988 upvotes
Toronto
Arrgh wrote: WEED did report earning $3 for fiscal Q3, 2017. Not too good for a $1B company. Most people are buying on huge expectations.

Also bad news about companies using banned pesticide myclobutanil, including Mettrum, that was just bought out by WEED. That is also raising concerns on how many companies are doing this. It also brings home the reality that growing weed has its risks.
I didn't read the report, but I read the article on financial post.. It seems WEED biggest problem is meeting demand. Which is a pretty good problem to have. They barely missed analyst expectations. I dunno, it seems good.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8761 posts
3209 upvotes
Toronto
daivey wrote: I didn't read the report, but I read the article on financial post.. It seems WEED biggest problem is meeting demand. Which is a pretty good problem to have. They barely missed analyst expectations. I dunno, it seems good.
It missed the analysts expectations by $1M, missed by about 10%. For a >$1B company, it has a very small revenue, and missed it by 10%. People are very forgiving because there's a lot of hype.

Not meeting demand can mean many things, inability to produce, or package, or whatever. Don't believe the company's marketing explanations. Is there any inherent structural issues to deliver, or is it startup pain. Time will tell. People are expecting a bill soon, and expecting the bill to pass, with huge market. That's why these stocks are trading high.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10324 posts
572 upvotes
Feneant wrote: I sold half my TBP today at ~110% profit... I figure it's due for a pull back, but my remaining half is all profit so I'm going to let it sit a few months, see how high it may go.
Disappointed But Relieved Face I sold half my holdings at 0.88$ average and it hit a peak of 1.48$ this morning Face Screaming In Fear... absolutely insane, I have no idea how high this can go but I'm debating selling the rest of my shares now. I know its a pump and dump but it's doing the same as OGI, CGC, etc. by going up very high very fast- question now is where it will end up when it finally stabilizes
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8761 posts
3209 upvotes
Toronto
An interesting comparison.

Teck just reported earning $1.04 Billion for last fiscal year. It has 9,353,470 shares at about $30, for a valuation of about $281 million.

WEED earned about 1% of Teck. It has 159,128,613 shares at about $12, for a valuation of about $1,910 Million or $1.9 Billion.

Teck has operations in many parts of the world, employing thousands of people, with lots of contracts. A $281M company with earning of $1.04B.

WEED is way smaller in operation, employees, and contracts. It earns 1% of Teck, but is valued at $1.9B.

WEED (and many other weed stocks) is a day trader's stock. But can it expand and earn much much more, to be a "normal" business, and not just be a high hype?
Banned
Nov 21, 2016
105 posts
38 upvotes
Teck has 575,000,000 shares?

I'd rather bet on WEED (selling pot) than SHOP (selling a website).
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 19, 2004
23799 posts
5471 upvotes
where I belong
Arrgh wrote: An interesting comparison.

Teck just reported earning $1.04 Billion for last fiscal year. It has 9,353,470 shares at about $30, for a valuation of about $281 million.

WEED earned about 1% of Teck. It has 159,128,613 shares at about $12, for a valuation of about $1,910 Million or $1.9 Billion.

Teck has operations in many parts of the world, employing thousands of people, with lots of contracts. A $281M company with earning of $1.04B.

WEED is way smaller in operation, employees, and contracts. It earns 1% of Teck, but is valued at $1.9B.

WEED (and many other weed stocks) is a day trader's stock. But can it expand and earn much much more, to be a "normal" business, and not just be a high hype?
and APH is +10%, MC $758M, on no news
Shopify is now +9% $5.4B MC after the ER

and AMZN, TSLA, etc... P/E or Earnings are not too applicable on those things. If only things are logical in stock market :(

btw, I see Teck.B has MC $17B, not sure why you said $281M only
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8761 posts
3209 upvotes
Toronto
Ah, I was looking at Teck.B for news and it's number of stocks. It shows 9,353,470 shares, but now I see for that it is displaying for Teck.A.

Ok, I didn't read carefully. So Teck.B is a $17B company, earning $1B. Still interesting comparison to WEED a $2B company earning 1% of Tech.B.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 15, 2005
1455 posts
864 upvotes
boyohboy wrote: So WEED up 15% today perhaps?
I doubt it. This isn't new information, they have always talked about Legislation being announced in Spring 2017.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 15, 2005
1455 posts
864 upvotes
Most Marijuana stocks plummeting today for anyone looking to get in.

WEED has a current bid of $11.44.
Sr. Member
Oct 11, 2010
966 posts
317 upvotes
Charlottetown
bloody morning but held through it
Sr. Member
Oct 11, 2010
966 posts
317 upvotes
Charlottetown
Made some money day trading it the other day, very risky atm IMO but there's some potential there

Top