Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:47 pm
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
i have cash for a market order for whoever it is.

holding weed/aph/ogi.wt
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
4153 posts
4626 upvotes
Toronto
azncapcom wrote: If it's APH/DIAGEO then my APH options are going to the moon!!!
right there with you bro ;)....got the $10 calls for april when the stock was trading at $11 about 3 weeks ago.....

those and my 2000 shares would make me really happy , but they do need that NASDAQ / NYSE listing ASAP!

then maybe we can do a TLRY FOMO pump lol ..... that stock makes me sick!! Angry Face such garbage with no revs ....unreal how stupid its been pumped up
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
joepipe wrote: then maybe we can do a TLRY FOMO pump lol .....
that's soooo yesterday LOL

isn't the canopy rivers IPO next week?
Apr 23, 2010
252 posts
120 upvotes
Ontario
joepipe wrote: I doubt its TRST ....
I think you're right. I presume the news will come after the markets close on Monday, so that gives me a chance to add a decent chunk of APH shares in the morning.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
Pterion wrote: I think you're right. I presume the news will come after the markets close on Monday, so that gives me a chance to add a decent chunk of APH shares in the morning.
if it's anything like STZ/CGC deal it will be announced in the morning. then pandemonium ensues.
Feb 5, 2017
910 posts
913 upvotes
reps001 wrote: I have both of them, similar size as well.
Anyone still has trouble with TD, TD void my filled order and return cash to me, wtf ????
still waiting to speak to someone at upper level for the last 3 hours.. they f.... big time today
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
alexcalvado wrote: still waiting to speak to someone at upper level for the last 3 hours.. they f.... big time today
i would be royally pissed in your shoes.

not to sway you one way or the other but i've been with bmo investorline for many years and i've NEVER had any kind of issue. with your account balance you'd get all the freebies, trades are 9.95. MFs free.

edit: one issue, they were slow depositing my CJR.B dividend one month.
Last edited by esoxhntr on Sep 14th, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 23, 2010
252 posts
120 upvotes
Ontario
esoxhntr wrote: if it's anything like STZ/CGC deal it will be announced in the morning. then pandemonium ensues.
Market order it is then.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
joepipe wrote: right there with you bro ;)....got the $10 calls for april when the stock was trading at $11 about 3 weeks ago.....

those and my 2000 shares would make me really happy , but they do need that NASDAQ / NYSE listing ASAP!

then maybe we can do a TLRY FOMO pump lol ..... that stock makes me sick!! Angry Face such garbage with no revs ....unreal how stupid its been pumped up
Wow you must be laughing already then. I bought the option earlier in the week when it was around $20
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
4153 posts
4626 upvotes
Toronto
azncapcom wrote: Wow you must be laughing already then. I bought the option earlier in the week when it was around $20
not really laughing yet, $30 or $40 and then i'll be happy.....
Feb 5, 2017
910 posts
913 upvotes
so after a 4 hour wait time, was finally able to speak with 2nd level at TD DI

- they filled my order for WEED at 61$ despite making 3 changes (lowered my buy limit) within the previous 8 minutes of the fill. Yeap 8 minutes
Was able to sell WEED before close for 11K profit anyway

- they think that I should have been filled with HMMJ at 21.40 (almost 1$ less than todays closing price or potential +50K in my pockets). Will see on monday morning where HMMJ is heading since I was not able to resell HMMJ after the potential fill of this morning

seriously, that's crazyyyyyyyyy
Last edited by alexcalvado on Sep 17th, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 19, 2013
69 posts
46 upvotes
joepipe wrote: APH / DIAGEO maybe?

"One of the biggest brands in the world will partner with an LP on Monday". Click the BNN Bloomberg clip its at the 6:33 mark: http://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-1010 ... -1.1813043

interview guest says he has the scoop.... very interesting
The BNN manager said something along the lines of "one of the biggest brands in the world will potentially be involved in the Canadian marijuana market". I don't take that to mean that an actual partnership will be announced on Monday. I think the BNN piece will simply highlight that a certain big player is looking to get involved (similar to how it was revealed the Diageo is looking for a partnership).
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
4153 posts
4626 upvotes
Toronto
pujols wrote: The BNN manager said something along the lines of "one of the biggest brands in the world will potentially be involved in the Canadian marijuana market". I don't take that to mean that an actual partnership will be announced on Monday. I think the BNN piece will simply highlight that a certain big player is looking to get involved (similar to how it was revealed the Diageo is looking for a partnership).
That's a good point, although any news about another biggie showing interest in the sector will just raise the speculation on aph even higher....
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14882 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
asa1973 wrote: Be careful while going to US though

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.market ... AB778E523B
I don’t know the wholesale model in other provinces, but in BC, the provincial government will be the exclusive wholesaler. It will be done through the BC LDB.

Does this mean that all employees of the BC LDB will have lifetime bans from the US? All employees of the provincial government have lifetime bans because LDB is an arm of provincial government?
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Jan 29, 2017
345 posts
178 upvotes
**** up twice in two days.

yesterday after watching my aph gains dwindle, and the sp nearing my buy in price, i decided to put a stop limit sell order in.
except i'm an idiot so i just put a regular limit sell order in, which filled instantly. the sp then closed over my sell price. not ideal

then today i decided to get back in, hoping for the gap down and bounce. got lucky and got in low around 16.00, which is below my old average cost on aph, after riding it up to around 18.50, i put an (actual) stop limit order in at 17.89. at some point there was a quick dip below this, and my stop loss filled. by the time i opened the app to see what was happening, the stock was up to 18.25 again. after so much volatility i decided to wait, hoping to get in on another dip. which never came.

ended up buying a moc order, although i cashed out some gains today my aph average has increased considerably now. feeling shook
Dec 11, 2017
185 posts
95 upvotes
stagefright wrote: **** up twice in two days.

yesterday after watching my aph gains dwindle, and the sp nearing my buy in price, i decided to put a stop limit sell order in.
except i'm an idiot so i just put a regular limit sell order in, which filled instantly. the sp then closed over my sell price. not ideal

then today i decided to get back in, hoping for the gap down and bounce. got lucky and got in low around 16.00, which is below my old average cost on aph, after riding it up to around 18.50, i put an (actual) stop limit order in at 17.89. at some point there was a quick dip below this, and my stop loss filled. by the time i opened the app to see what was happening, the stock was up to 18.25 again. after so much volatility i decided to wait, hoping to get in on another dip. which never came.

ended up buying a moc order, although i cashed out some gains today my aph average has increased considerably now. feeling shook
This is the reason I do not program my stop loss orders. I keep them offline instead and then put them in when the stock price approaches. Automated stop loss orders are visible and stock price can be manipulated to achieve them and grab your shares on a temporary down blip. Come back to your computer and your shares are gone on a blip. No thanks.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)