Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 12:10 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
938 upvotes
FriendlyUnit wrote: Yes at $9.
Should I put on sale +10% or wait.
your decision

rather than +$0.90 what about '+$0.50 & out' depending on how many shares you bought

my guess is ACB may continue to drop, but who knows

last time ACB was above $9.90 was Friday 22 may & Monday 25 may


.
Last edited by Guest37273939 on Jun 28th, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
938 upvotes
jimmyho56 wrote: Thanks for the detailed reply.

Think I will start a cannabis option trading thread. Thanks again.
I have pm'd you

suggest that you DO NOT start another option thread, there is one already on RFD
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2011
3515 posts
1866 upvotes
Ontario
And the world sits and waits for a NR from Aphria............ Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
938 upvotes
hebsie wrote: And the world sits and waits for a NR from Aphria............ Smiling Face With Sunglasses
makes for an interesting discussion, so what if anything are you expecting on APH hebsie?

while the world waits - it's another day of 'what are the mj stocks going to do today'?

back at 4pm to review all that happened

GLTA
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2366 posts
1094 upvotes
ontario
porticoman wrote: makes for an interesting discussion, so what if anything are you expecting on APH hebsie?
I think the best case scenario is the rumour of a APH/Molson-Coors JV or investment by the former coming to fruition. I'm not sure that's something we will see in the short term however. Some kind of a positive NR would be nice since we've been in radio silence for the last couple of weeks.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
938 upvotes
esoxhntr wrote: I think the best case scenario is the rumour of a APH/Molson-Coors JV or investment by the former coming to fruition. I'm not sure that's something we will see in the short term however. Some kind of a positive NR would be nice since we've been in radio silence for the last couple of weeks.
agree any news would be good for the stock price

the coors thing would be good news

suppose APH is not the one, what expectations are there on the stock?

the stock value is based on either hype or fundamentals - I'd go with fundamentals of business, revenue, EPS etc

as for trading APH, sure there is going to be the quick in/out, but for longer than a week or month hold, I would put myself in a position that takes care of the swings & hopefully done so that I wont lose my shirt or have to keep buying more to average down or believing mj's will make me a fortune.

mj's, resource/mining stocks, utilities, banks, blue chips .... what's the difference !
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6161 posts
1104 upvotes
Ynot2015 wrote: Namaste is buying its own shares back.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/namas ... 00745.html
What a joke. They did a private placement for $2.55 to raise cash. All a sudden they have cash to repurchase stocks. Since they're in growth mode and have nowhere else to deploy the cash, management is questionable.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2366 posts
1094 upvotes
ontario
post stocks moving hand in hand with SPX
Member
Jul 17, 2015
280 posts
105 upvotes
1xTiMeR wrote: What a joke. They did a private placement for $2.55 to raise cash. All a sudden they have cash to repurchase stocks. Since they're in growth mode and have nowhere else to deploy the cash, management is questionable.
Its "up to", doesn't mean it will spend all its cash buying back 10% of the float. With this option in place, it will be harder for shorts to manipulate the SP, there is no obligation to buy, and I believe it is company's strategy to against shorts to bring the SP down.
Namaste went up 8.33%, looks like the Market like this move.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4306 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hydropothecary reports fiscal 2018 third quarter results
Highlights

Revenue per gram increased to $9.24 per gram equivalent from $8.99 in the prior quarter, and $8.62 in the third quarter of fiscal 2017.
Weighted average cash cost of dried inventory sold per gram of $0.88 has decreased 57% year-over-year compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2017.
Revenue increased 5% to $1,240,172 and the volume of medical cannabis sold increased 2% to 134,253 gram equivalents from the second quarter of fiscal 2018.
Finalization of the commercial supplier agreement with Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) to supply approximately 200,000 kg of cannabis over a five-year term.
20,000 kg of cannabis to be supplied to the SQDC in year one of the supplier agreement post legalization.
Cash and short-term investments of $248.9 million as at April 30, 2018, debt-free balance sheet.
Launch of the new recreational adult-use cannabis brand HEXO.
First plants planted in newly licensed zones of the new 250,000 sq. ft facility.
Graduated to the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) from the TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV) with the common shares now trading under the symbol HEXO.
Announcement of intention to change the Company name to HEXO Corp. from the Hydropothecary Corporation.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6161 posts
1104 upvotes
Ynot2015 wrote: Its "up to", doesn't mean it will spend all its cash buying back 10% of the float. With this option in place, it will be harder for shorts to manipulate the SP, there is no obligation to buy, and I believe it is company's strategy to against shorts to bring the SP down.
Namaste went up 8.33%, looks like the Market like this move.
It doesn't matter how you twist it. At the end of the day, they are using 25 million to buy back shares. Company is beyond dumb. Mature companies buy back shares.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

mc9180, blexann