Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 10:25 am
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2015 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: 8K is not much for a 6-fig investment... I wouldn't be so happy yet.
8% isn't bad at all.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44420 posts
4996 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DonnyFenn wrote: It's exactly 6 figures. I figured if I started with 100k I wouldn't have to "calculate" how well I was doing as much as just read. ;-)
Correction.. I'm up 13k as of the end of this crazy trading day. No cash. I'm not going to complain about 13% in less than 6 months. Show me something with a better return.
My point is not that it was a bad return, but that in a volatile MJ market, swings like this are not that abnormal, meaning you can easily lose that within a day or two.

Many of us started back last year with some 3-400% gains but I still do not feel extremely comfortable and entitled to the gains in this market, like I would if these were blue-chip stocks.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4212 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DDHLeigh wrote: MPX or OGI?
Like ogi and love MPX.
But again. 1 k won't do much in a new position.

All my investments are 5 k or more.

So I guess my question is which oh those stocks holds the biggest risk to reward.

I wanna say the penny ones. HVT or HIP.

They still have the ability to grow (or get bought out)

Or if I start a new position maybe GLH, and wait for license pop. Then reinvest the profits.
Jan 8, 2007
359 posts
66 upvotes
Yeah.. I had that WEED stock at royal assent. If I'd sold then and rebought after a pullback, even shortly after it started tumbling after royal assent, I'd have a few hundred more shares. Hindsight..
Congrats on the 27%. WEED?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3130 posts
1830 upvotes
DonnyFenn wrote: Yeah.. I had that WEED stock at royal assent. If I'd sold then and rebought after a pullback, even shortly after it started tumbling after royal assent, I'd have a few hundred more shares. Hindsight..
Congrats on the 27%. WEED?
Thanks, Made a quick buck with weed but didnt dump acb today. Well there is always tomorrow.
Images
  • 20180815_150218.jpg
Apr 4, 2010
495 posts
115 upvotes
Aint gonna lie.... I almost vomited today from not being in any of the big 3. Congrats to the winners and as always dont let greed take you over.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4535 posts
2165 upvotes
Toronto
Nice move today..but lets not get too excited, other than WEED, every other cannabis stock is still below Aug 1st closing price..
We have come down a long way.
Full-time Realtor
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5681 posts
2233 upvotes
Thornhill
JRGUINNESS wrote: Now... Let's just wait for APOTEX and big pharma to make their announcement...Smiling Face With Sunglasses

(Ps. NO, I am not starting any rumors or suggesting anything..., just wishing out loud)
Look into former Apotex CEO's involvement in marijuana already, I believe he was a partner in CannTrust? I can't remember the weed stock off-hand but I was close to buying the stock after his murder/death.
Jan 6, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Québec
B. Sherman was a very bad man if you've ever worked in the business with him... fyi. The murderers embarrassed him before his death.

Back on topic, Go CGC Go :)
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2015 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
cristianosham wrote: I made 27% in two days, so let's see what tomorrow brings.
small sample size though. His 8% for 100K over 6 months is good.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2015 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
porticoman wrote: are you jumping into the mj's today?
Probably not. I'll be watching if it keeps skyrocketing then I'll jump in and out quick in that case.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3130 posts
1830 upvotes
johanscott wrote: small sample size though. His 8% for 100K over 6 months is good.
Buy when it plunges, buy even more when it plunges even more. Couchpotato investing 101 :)
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2015 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
cristianosham wrote: Buy when it plunges, buy even more when it plunges even more. Couchpotato investing 101 :)
I bought tech sector yesterday because it's been declining like crazy. Bought MOMO yesterday and will probably buy back mj stocks when it does plunge as you say.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

AFJ416