Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:47 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
How much higher can these go?

They seem to be insulated from the drop in US equities.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9836 upvotes
Toronto
lilmikey wrote: @deal_with_singh @SkimGuy Well here we are guys, 4 years later and Rec is legal.

The OP is long gone who created this thread and I see you guys are still active around the forums so wanted to see if you guys are still holding at this point? if so what do you have ? if not what did you sell and price point?
Sold all my positions a few days back, bought a few call options expiring in Jan yesterday after the dip, so far profitable, lets see.
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Jan 8, 2007
365 posts
66 upvotes
I'm opening another account tomorrow in a TFSA. Maxing it out at 57,000 with 75% Aphria and 25% HMMJ ETF. Lol that will put me at well over 10,000 Aphria shares between my LIRA trading account, my taxable one and my TFSA. Do I get an Aphria polo shirt?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5313 posts
1250 upvotes
These pot stocks are massively overvalued and, only selling flower, have nowhere to go but down. We're not going to see a massive consumption increase (of flower) in Canada. The growth will come when new products like edibles become available and through consolidation.

BEAR Case: $15

So I'll buy it at $10 and make 50% profit. ;)
Temp. Banned
Jul 11, 2011
4978 posts
3330 upvotes
Ontario

Alex's Cliffs:

CMD will start shifting his focus on US names, rumours about Medical MJ being discussed in Mid terms. Cdn hype is the appetizer, US is the main course. Been approached by redditors asking to pump and dump stocks due to size/weight of his trading group, CMD will never compromise his integrity by doing that!

CGC tightening hourly pattern, lack of a bullbreak. Much closer to breaking support than resistance, bulls near to defend 48.50 and 48.30, then 46.52 must hold. Resistance is 52.87

APH uplist news, clearly insider trading yesterday as unusual activity/buying occurred when sector was bearish. Saw significant profit taking as we finished near LOD as insiders looked to take profit. A lot of resistance in the 20$ range, made a lower high under 20.96 resistance, now looking to pullback and form a higher low

ACB lower high likely set, lack of bounce and follow through by the bulls. Closer to a bear break then a bullbreak, if 13.18 breaks bulls must hold 11.91

Names on us exchanges affected more by SPY than those who arent, if CGC/CRON bear break tomorrow they will likely drag rest of the sector with them. And as always, keep an eye on SPY

Thanks Dan!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3922 posts
305 upvotes
I own Aurora, Hexo, Organigram, CannTrust.

Which one should I sell?

Looking to move the money to a company with US exposure. Thinking MedMen or iAnthus
Temp. Banned
Jul 11, 2011
4978 posts
3330 upvotes
Ontario
iAnthus/MPX conference call notes
https://www.reddit.com/r/weedstocks/com ... all_notes/

notes:

Hadley Ford (IAN CEO) speaking

0.1673 common shares of iAnthus for each common share of MPX

"MPX shareholders will receive ownership in MPX International which will be comprised of non US assets ... company will be listed on a recognized stock exchange (CSE?) and provided with adequate working capital.”

Scott Boyes (MPX CEO) will be heading MPX Intl.

MPX shareholders need to approve; expected to be completed early 2019 (PR estimates things will be completed by Jan. 2019)

"This combination creates a very powerful, operational scale in high grade growth markets"

"Become instantly a top-tier company from a size and scale perspective"

"Fully funded to build out the strategy we have in place"

"We don't see more than 8-10 national players trying to jockey for that 100billion dollars of market cap. That's why it's so important to have national scale."

Hadley calls Beth his "new bff" [LOL] and passes the call to her --

"Our operation will span 10 states and 200,000sq.ft. of production.. 500,000 sq ft when fully built out."

"One company. One brand. One team. One strategy. We want to create brands that will last 100 years."

Call goes back to Hadley

Beth Stavola will join as Chief Strategy Officer.

Continue to expand from a geographic footprint; continue to use M&A and capital markets to expand.

Focused on building "100 Year Brands" -- "One store name, one in-store product name, 100 year brand recognition - that's what we're driving for and we'll make that happen."

In Massachusetts, the combined companies should have 5 dispensary openings over the next year. In New York, 4 dispensaries (including Brookyln) open later this year.

"We think the combined company provides a leading platform for growth going forward and the combination of iAnthus and MPX compares very favorably to other large multi-state operators."

"Won't rest until we have a national footprint .. will become the number one cannabis company in the United States."

Call goes to Scott Boyes

Scott says that everybody is talking to everybody in this industry; "partnering up is just a way of the future .. we had to look around to find a partner who would provide maximum value to our shareholders."

Had the choice about merging with a couple of the "big guys" who have marketcaps that are "way over-valued"

Had an opportunity to acquire somebody else smaller but that acquisition still would not have made them a "critical player in the industry"

Deal allows MPX Intl. to keep the Peterborough facility (Canveda) -- Canveda's production will fulfill the product necessary for Spartan Wellness.

Building out Owen Sound facility (pending license) and are going to have a specialty lab to create products both from Panaxia and MPX-brand (for Canada and international distro.)

MPX International will still hold rights to MPX brand (Melting Point Extracts) for Canada and "globally". Focus will be extracting, packaging, and retail.

"Potential in Switzerland for high THC/CBD products ... "we sponsor a lobby group in London that has direct contact with the home office; they've been critical with moving the medical marijuana legislation forward in the UK .. MPX name is well-known throughout Europe .. investors are anxious to jump in and help us expand internationally"

"Working on the UK .. license filed in Australia to move Salus and MPX products .. lot of things on the drawing board."

Q&A Session begins (~30m mark)

Matt Bottomley from Cannacord asks for just a general overview from Hadley why they thought MPX was the best partner. Hadley does his Hadley things and more-or-less paraphrases information stated earlier.

Matt issues a follow-up regarding Arizona and the opportunities there. Beth stated that the Heath4Life brand is respected in Arizona; may be a few opportunities to partner with other groups as well as create other cultivation opportunities for themselves. Focusing on MPX brand and goal is to have MPX brand in every single dispensary by the end of 2019.

Beth states they have a number of applications in different states; 2 applications in NJ, 1 processor license in Ohio, 8 retail dispensary applications in Nevada.

Matt asks if there is any overlap of licenses in Massachusetts from a regulatory standpoint - Hadley states that there is a risk but things are still being processed. They will work with the state and do what is necessary to be in compliance. State allows for 3 dispensaries but they hope for 6 dispensaries; regardless, they could potentially have 2 cultivation facilities which would give wholesale capabilities.

Alan Brochstein from NewCannabisVentures asks Hadley how much thought he gave to MPX International instead of just MPX's US assets. Hadley basically re-states he is focused on the US and that there it is an "800billion dollar prize at the end of this".

Alan asks for clarity about MPX International -- iAnthus' Julius Kalcevich (CFO) re-states they are only buying MPX's US assets and are buying all of MPX's o/s shares to accomplish this.

Alan asks Scott about MPX's relationship with Salus - MPXI maintains Panaxia relationship globally (including US) and will be working with iAnthus on contractor arrangement to be produced and sold in the US through IAN's facilities. Scott states they have exclusive rights in Canada and other jurisdictions.

Alan asks Hadley about the deal and if this will slow down iAnthus in the coming months as the MPX merger comes to a close. Hadley references all the deals they have made previously; states he has a spreadsheet he looks at Monday of all the businesses they have talks with.

Russell Stanley from Beacon Securities asks if there any states that IAN previously discarded that they may now be interested in after having made this merger with MPX. Hadley said this partnership does not change their strategy; they want to be in the largest-addressable markets. Hadley states they will have one store name nationally and one product name nationally.

disclaimer:
this is not an exhaustive list of everything worthwhile mentioned in the phone call. if you are an investor of both/either companies, you are doing yourself a disservice if you cannot find ~60 minutes to take out of your day to listen to the call in its entirety, take your own notes, and draw your own conclusions. the Q&A session can be found at around the ~30 minute mark. this deal is not finalized.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
deal_with_singh wrote: Sold all my positions a few days back, bought a few call options expiring in Jan yesterday after the dip, so far profitable, lets see.
I thought you would've been out of WEED ever since selling in the high 20's, since you always said you don't like to buy things back at a higher price than you paid :D
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1298 posts
1770 upvotes
Toronto
ACB is pretty active in the pre-market. Up 3.2% so far today - what is that about?
Apr 20, 2006
856 posts
596 upvotes
EDMONTON, Oct. 18, 2018 /CNW/ - Aurora Cannabis Inc. ("Aurora" or the "Company") (TSX: ACB) (NYSE: ACB) (Frankfurt: 21P; WKN: A1C4WM), announced today that it has filed an early warning report in respect to its holdings in The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings Ltd. ("TGOD"), a company with a head office at 6025 Airport Road, Building A – Suite 301, Mississauga Ontario L4V 1E3. The transactions outlined below were effected through the facilities of the Toronto Stock Exchange
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
ficklen wrote: EDMONTON, Oct. 18, 2018 /CNW/ - Aurora Cannabis Inc. ("Aurora" or the "Company") (TSX: ACB) (NYSE: ACB) (Frankfurt: 21P; WKN: A1C4WM), announced today that it has filed an early warning report in respect to its holdings in The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings Ltd. ("TGOD"), a company with a head office at 6025 Airport Road, Building A – Suite 301, Mississauga Ontario L4V 1E3. The transactions outlined below were effected through the facilities of the Toronto Stock Exchange
Thanks for the info, but I don't understand the significance of this. Would someone be so kind as to explain?
Lucky me, I bought in at $8.37
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Getting disappointed with HEXO. Was planning on selling first thing Tuesday morning this week but my emotions got in the way and I didn't set a stop loss. Went from +$25k to now +$18k in 3 days. May just sell and realize my current gains and take this as a lesson.

I still believe HEXO will do well with their partnership with Molson Coors, but the unpredictability of the markets is what made these stocks fun pre-legalization. Basically, I liked that I was gambling and making big gains quickly. Now that legalization is here, I'm losing interest in following more sound investing decisions on these stocks.

Quick, someone talk me out of selling. :)
Temp. Banned
Jul 11, 2011
4978 posts
3330 upvotes
Ontario
There's that MJ volatility, not sure if this holds though
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
whats up with HVT?

seems like a good entry point
Oct 1, 2018
42 posts
10 upvotes
I bought 400 shares of CGC at 61.25 a few weeks ago.... would this a be a good time to sell? I know I should have sold on Monday... but was out of town.
Last edited by ChrisH79767 on Oct 19th, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

jjbffb