Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] Cable Internet 300Mbps - $39.98 (Potentially lower at $29.98 / $34.98 YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 9:38 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1466 posts
1130 upvotes
glib wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:03 pm
When trolling the teksavvy thread, our winner of the month, to back up his constant bashing of teksavvy:

Engage at your own peril. You have been warned.
Maybe cannet will cancel tekscam for you like the other poster said? That way you can stop overpaying tekscam and have cannet deal with trying to get hold of customer service at Tek for you? Win/win
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1291 posts
318 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:10 pm
Same. I'm wondering if I should hold out for better deals? I'm hoping we get something closer to rogers deals, or the 1G FTTB deals.
What is the limit on the speed that the 3rd party sellers can give? I realize they cant use the new fiber networks but I can get more then 120mbps with cogeco directly and I dont have fiber so I dont get why I never see any faster plans from the 3rd parties. I was under the impression they were able to offer all of the same speed tiers.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2095 posts
792 upvotes
London
Thanks guys!

I tried to go through cannet but live chat didn't have anyone come on at all... I contacted modemoutlet, and that person helping me was incredible.

Excited to move from 75/10 to 300/20 for basically the same price.

I'd recommend modemoutlet if anyone has issues with cannet site.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2843 posts
12303 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Zoughi1 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:07 pm
Are you using 5ghz wifi?
yes i am
Rogers Unlimited Province, 7gb $39/month! Thanks RFD!!
Sep 17, 2002
876 posts
211 upvotes
30M is a little low for iptv - min should be 40....

Let us know if iptv is working fine after upgrade...

wifi isn't the bottleneck with 5ghz....
Rlcky wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:58 am
yes i am
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11435 posts
10880 upvotes
Oakville
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 6:30 am
What is the limit on the speed that the 3rd party sellers can give? I realize they cant use the new fiber networks but I can get more then 120mbps with cogeco directly and I dont have fiber so I dont get why I never see any faster plans from the 3rd parties. I was under the impression they were able to offer all of the same speed tiers.
Don't they have full access now? Like with the 1gbps fttb deal?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1309 posts
236 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I've been with Cannet for almost 4 years now. I was on the 60/10 for $39.95/m and after my 2 year mark it was going up to $59.95/m as per the contract. Did an online chat and they extended for another two years at the $39.95 price. Did an online chat today and got the 120/10 for the same price as I was paying for the 60/10, plus $25 upgrade fee (they included a modem with no monthly charge, just paid $9.95 to ship). I know some are getting this cheaper, but I'm in Cogeco area, and also I'm well past the 2 year mark for the intro pricing, so I'm happy with twice the speed for the same price I was paying before.

I did have some issues with them a few years ago when I first signed up (slow speeds at peak times, Youtube buffering), but after a few emails it was sorted out and it's been great every since. Also found them fast to respond to email questions/concerns.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Mar 5, 2018
39 posts
28 upvotes
azn_dan wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:02 pm
Ordered on Tuesday, modem was shipped out that afternoon and I just received it today.

You should be getting an email notification. Did you get an email to confirm your processing fee and service email?
Yeah I just receive the shipping notification on my email with the tracking number, took almost 20 hours after placing the order
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1464 posts
447 upvotes
Montreal, QC
new936 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:57 am
Talked to them about this and Supervisor confirmed that It will be $34.98 after a discount of $65 as shown below- I upgraded from 100MBP for $34.98 to 300mbp for same amount and $25 one time fee for upgrade.

ON_R_Cable_300_Unlimited_99.98
Service Start Date: 2019-09-08
Service Status: Active
Monthly Fee: $99.98
Monthly Fee Discount:
Discount Type Amount Start Date End Date
Amount 65.00 2019-09-08 2021-09-07
Amount 50.00 2021-09-08
i finally saw that notice on my account. they took some days to put it up. i'm so used to instant account change. guess the regular price is $50 (if we look at the end of the 2 year)
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1291 posts
318 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:39 am
Don't they have full access now? Like with the 1gbps fttb deal?
fttb is their own fiber that is not shared. that is only for select businesses. The CRTC has not ruled on wholesale rates for fiber. But, I can get 1gbps cable from cogeco so I am not sure why I cant also get that with carrytel for example and I am not sure why.
Sep 15, 2010
286 posts
254 upvotes
Scarborough
Thanks OP!
Wasn't aware of this offer before and I'm an existing customer on the $39.98 100M plan (and have a compatible modem).
The service is decently good. But once a while the service would go down for minutes to few hours.

Called in several times + Live Chat on their site but they wouldn't go lower than $39.98; the $34.98 is for new activation they repeat.

I took their offer - credit $20 on the $59.95 processing fee, best they could do.

I appreciate everyone chipping in their experience here and so I get faster speed for the same price for next 2 years.
Sep 24, 2008
491 posts
138 upvotes
Oakville
I am considering switching from Carrytel to Cannet (Cogeco area). I called modem outlet.com two days ago and spoke to an agent and she advised me to wait till the weekend to order as they usually have some Free gift card offer on weekend signups. She said she would call me back on Friday to let me know what the promotion is.
Aug 31, 2009
103 posts
30 upvotes
toronto
coming from carrytel, i got 30 processing fee and 35/month for 300mbps. they will cancel my carrytel once i've activated with them.
Jan 22, 2017
948 posts
206 upvotes
so i just got off the phone with these guys.. called their calgary number.

Absolute A holes!!

This is the worst call center experience i have had with any of the third party isp providers.
I asked if service was available in my area... he asked for my postal code and confirmed my address...
he then says..

"service is provided by shaw.. we are third party only.. speed is blah blah..."

then i ask ok how much and do you provide modem? his response.....

"it's a high speed modem and yes we provide that only. you need your own router but for 5.00 more we can provide a router for you."

so then i ask... what make and model of modem and router do you provide?? his response...

"sir.. it is a high speed modem and fast router. we ship whatever model we have on hand. why do you need to know this?"

so i explain.. I need to know if the modem you have is better then what I have and I also need to know what features your router has... does it support wireless B, G, N, AC? dual band?

he then cuts me off and says..

"all you need to know is it is high speed and fast..300mbps is the speed through shaw. we send whatever model is available.. hitron, cda or arris or smartrg. sorry we are high call volume. the price is 34.95 with modem and 389.95 with modem and router"

so I cut him off and ask him why he is being so rude and why are you cutting me off all the time?
he sighs and says...

"sorry but I am very busy I already told you what you need to know"

So i cut him off and say is there anything else you missed? activation or installation charge... and again he cuts me off while I am saying this and says really fast and loud..

"of course there is this charge we are third party... well do you want it?" If you do not like it and do not want our service just cancel anytime.

I gave him a piece of my mind and asked for a manager and he spoke back trying to avoid this action.
At this point I just hung up...
These guys do not deserve my money after that treatment and I can assure you if customer service is like this you can bet tech support calls will be a complete crap show.

Sorry Cannet but if you are reading this.. you might as well rebrand your company name to 3WEB.

The agent speaking to me was sighing a lot, would cut me off and would chuckle or kiss his teeth before responding. He clearly wanted me off that phone and also spoke to me like I was dumb a times like I did not know what third party internet was.
STEP INTO THE DARK SIDE...