Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] Cable Internet 300Mbps - $39.98 (Potentially lower at $29.98 / $34.98 YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 6:42 pm
Mar 31, 2017
101 posts
139 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 6:57 am
You can't do a true speed test on wifi. Do it on wired if you want it to be accurate.
Is wifi test not accurate for all the plan like 1 gbps as well as 50mbps? Is there any benchmark how much I should get on wifi for 300mbps plan? Or Cannet can say 50mbps is good speed on wifi of 300mbps wired plan?
Jun 21, 2010
196 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
As others.. not getting the advertised speed in London Ontario. Averaging between 150M & 200M on wired connection. I have emailed twice and am waiting for a response.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1498 posts
464 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Capindy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 7:42 am
Is wifi test not accurate for all the plan like 1 gbps as well as 50mbps? Is there any benchmark how much I should get on wifi for 300mbps plan? Or Cannet can say 50mbps is good speed on wifi of 300mbps wired plan?
on wifi, interference is a problem and the farther you are, the drop in speed is more significant but if you're next to the router when doing the test, it shouldn't be a problem. I do mine next to it and I get the full speed

also, not all wifi cards are the same so there's the degradation of it. best is wired test but if you can't, be next to the router and modem
Mar 31, 2017
101 posts
139 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 7:54 am
on wifi, interference is a problem and the farther you are, the drop in speed is more significant but if you're next to the router when doing the test, it shouldn't be a problem. I do mine next to it and I get the full speed
Thanks for the response. I have done my test on my IPhone 6s Plus sitting at 4 feet distance from my router and there is nothing between phone and router . So looks like something might be wrong in connection. Basically I changed my plan from 150 to 300mbps and I feel that nothing is changed. In early morning I was getting 170 around speed on my 150 plan too.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3136 posts
458 upvotes
Capindy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 7:59 am
Thanks for the response. I have done my test on my IPhone 6s Plus sitting at 4 feet distance from my router and there is nothing between phone and router . So looks like something might be wrong in connection. Basically I changed my plan from 150 to 300mbps and I feel that nothing is changed. In early morning I was getting 170 around speed on my 150 plan too.
can you at least confirm you get close to the appropriate speeds on your wired computer first?
Mar 31, 2017
101 posts
139 upvotes
azn_dan wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 8:15 am
can you at least confirm you get close to the appropriate speeds on your wired computer first?
I will do it tonight and tomorrow morning and will report. If someone can report their speed too than I will have some leverage. In my previous technical support call I was being told that speedtest.cannettel.com is actual speed where as all speedtest servers are busy for my line and not giving accurate results
Feb 4, 2017
221 posts
268 upvotes
Capindy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 8:20 am
I will do it tonight and tomorrow morning and will report. If someone can report their speed too than I will have some leverage. In my previous technical support call I was being told that speedtest.cannettel.com is actual speed where as all speedtest servers are busy for my line and not giving accurate results
There you go.
Images
  • 20190908_113905.jpg
Apr 13, 2009
668 posts
175 upvotes
Explained in your account under Services >>> Cable Internet >>> Plan
1)* Maximum speed:
•Customer Maximum speed is the speed profile defined in the plan description. But the maximum speed available depends on many factors such as physical line condition, Customer device, WI-Fi signal and interference etc. as well as time of day. Can-net can not guarantee the maximum speed available all the time and to all of devices. The maximum speed available is based on best effort and usually it is delivered to the modem via wired cable.
•For new activation, please allow maximum 24 hours to synchronize with our network to get the best performance.
•Can-net currently is not implementing any ITMP policy and not slowing down any application and service in any period of time, i.e no throttling in our network.
•To measure maximum speed delivered properly, please connect a computer to the modem using wired cable, stop all other applications like Video/P2P download/Windows update/cloud disk synchronization etc, test from www.speedtest.net and select a Can-net Telecom Toronto server. Speed test result is usually slower in the evening than in the morning. Speed test via Wi-Fi is not accurate especially for testing speed when several devices are sharing the Wi-Fi.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2875 posts
12461 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
I'm not sure if its only me, but i have switched from 30 to 120 and i have R800 netgear router with latest firmware. When i do speed test wifi\wired still getting the 30m down.

I did plugged in my laptop directly to the modem and speed vary sometimes 90, 140, 105.

Is it problem from my modem?
Rogers Unlimited Province, 7gb $39/month! Thanks RFD!!
Aug 24, 2008
17 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Zoughi1 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 8:55 am
There you go.
Looks like downloads are a bit slow /s. But at least upload is as advertised.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2487 posts
1003 upvotes
MARKHAM
Got my installed last night. Topped out at 296 down and 20 up. Cheaper than what I'm paying and 10x faster. Great deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2875 posts
12461 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Capindy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 8:20 am

Me too when i do speedtest on cannettel website i'm getting speed too way far from speedtest or fast.com
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2875 posts
12461 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Phams0 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 9:08 am
Looks like downloads are a bit slow /s. But at least upload is as advertised.
on all my test the upload was as advertised, but the download still fighting to get my speed over wifi or wired.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3098 posts
2512 upvotes
Markham
fermata27 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 12:00 am
I'm thinking of switching from the 75mbps promotion they had last year. How much did you end up paying to switch over?
$39.99 per month plus $59.98 fee.
My current promo ends in Oct and will revert to normal price of $59.99 per month.