Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] Cable Internet 300Mbps - $39.98 (Potentially lower at $29.98 / $34.98 YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 6:42 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1537 posts
146 upvotes
Anyone know what the installation entails? Rogers tech got a flat tire and can't make it so had to reschedule. I tried plugging in modem but doesn't provision, I guess the tech has to do this?
Mar 21, 2009
233 posts
168 upvotes
Hamilton
Tha DraGun wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 9:07 am
Is this correct? Just wanted to make sure before completing signup.
120/10 speed
2yrs @ $29.98/month (I thought it was supposed to be $35?)
After 2yrs it's $39.98/month
Setup fee $59.99 including shipping.

Don't know why it says (monthly) at the end. Does it actually mean I pay $59.99/month?
I got the same email, I called and he explained that what you are seeing is the original price. You will get the 120/10 and the modem for the discounted price on your bill. If the don't come through, cannet offers 30 money back.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1658 posts
1248 upvotes
popo wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:07 am
Anyone know what the installation entails? Rogers tech got a flat tire and can't make it so had to reschedule. I tried plugging in modem but doesn't provision, I guess the tech has to do this?
Tech came into check signal strength. If it's good he'll just provision and leave . Took 5 mins for him to check and said to plug in after 30mins
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1382 posts
275 upvotes
Oshawa
popo wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:07 am
My tech was here right at 8AM which was nice. He just came in looked at the cable connected to the current modem. Then went outside to check something on the line that goes to the box on the house.

I'm pretty sure they have to activate it after the install in order for it to start working. It only took maybe 30 minutes after that for it to kick in.
So far so good.
Jan 6, 2005
204 posts
162 upvotes
On the Modemoutlet page, it says " All plans are Prepaid plans, NO Contract, NO Credit Check and Unlimited Usage", does that mean I have to prepaid 24 months of fee?
Feb 4, 2017
221 posts
268 upvotes
thebat88 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:30 am
On the Modemoutlet page, it says " All plans are Prepaid plans, NO Contract, NO Credit Check and Unlimited Usage", does that mean I have to prepaid 24 months of fee?
Plans are prepaid monthly.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1658 posts
1248 upvotes
thebat88 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:30 am
No, it means you prepay the next month service. So you signup Sept 1, you need to pay the month of Sept service before, not after the 30th

This is standard and I don't know provider who is not like this in telcom
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2026 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Signed up this morning, getting speeds slightly below advertised 277/18. Was told promo pricing of $39.98 ends today and tomorrow it goes up to $49.
Dec 16, 2003
739 posts
142 upvotes
Ajax
Just signed up internet & home phone with Jessie...She was VERY HELPFUL! I got the Carrytel transfer discount however home phone was slightly more expensive than Carrytel rate. The internet upgrade though should more than make up for that Smiling Face With Open Mouth...You guys better sign up today though as previously mentioned: TODAY is the last day for this promotion...Thanks OP!
Mar 20, 2006
409 posts
75 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 7:20 pm
That is a hitron CDA-RES. Have the same modem. It is in fact a proper cable modem. It also randomly locks up a few times a month so I had to rig up a smart switch to reboot it automatically if it detects there isnt internet. Have fun.
That's an interesting solution. So, the switch is set to ping something external periodically, and if it can't after X amount of time, it cycles power? Which switch is this?

Also, is there any choice of Hitron models? I'm pretty sure I've seen the CDA3-something mentioned in the thread.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1374 posts
370 upvotes
rseiler wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 1:41 pm
That's an interesting solution. So, the switch is set to ping something external periodically, and if it can't after X amount of time, it cycles power? Which switch is this?

Also, is there any choice of Hitron models? I'm pretty sure I've seen the CDA3-something mentioned in the thread.
Using this switch, its cheap and hackable. I believe you can run custom firmware on it but I just run a nodejs server to intercept its communication to the cloud and run it from that.

This is the script: https://github.com/sandysound/orvibo-b25-server

every 5 minutes I ping 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 if I dont get a reply from both after 2 cycles it assumes the internet is down and sends a request to power off the switch, wait a few seconds then power it back on.
Aug 20, 2018
143 posts
156 upvotes
What are people doing to get $35 or $30?
Jun 15, 2015
282 posts
34 upvotes
Lindsay
djrhyme wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 12:27 pm
Just signed up internet & home phone with Jessie...She was VERY HELPFUL! I got the Carrytel transfer discount however home phone was slightly more expensive than Carrytel rate. The internet upgrade though should more than make up for that Smiling Face With Open Mouth...You guys better sign up today though as previously mentioned: TODAY is the last day for this promotion...Thanks OP!
Did you have to email anything for the discount or just mention you were switching from carrytel ?