Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] Cable Internet 300Mbps - $39.98 (Potentially lower at $29.98 / $34.98 YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2019 1:44 am
Dec 27, 2012
124 posts
77 upvotes
Bowmanville
I ordered it and have someone coming on the 18th. I am also switching from Carrytel. Do I need to contact Carrytel and cancel myself, or does Cannet take care of that? I ordered through modemoutlet.com if that makes a difference. I've also paid for my next month of Carrytel which I obviously won't be using. What happens with that?
Nov 9, 2009
25 posts
24 upvotes
Belleville
Are the CanNet deals dead? or is there a contact method that must be used?
I contacted them about the Cogeco deal: 120/10 Unlimited for $29.98/m ($39.98 after two years) +$5/m standard modem rental +tax +$59.98 activation fee
But they won't do it. Only offer was $44.94/m ($54.98/m after two years) [includes the required mesh modem] +tax +$59.98 activation fee
So a forced mesh modem upgrade and $10 more (had typed 15 but forgot about the modem).
Last edited by ShetiPhian on Sep 15th, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1516 posts
347 upvotes
thebat88 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 12:57 am
I called in Rogers to cancel today and they called me back to give me $35+tax 500mbps, unlimited usage and free modem for 1 year...
I guess I am better to stay for now.
Funny how desperately the ISPs try to retain customers instead of just offering everyone a fair price.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31107 posts
2692 upvotes
Winnipeg
Shadow Rider wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 3:12 pm
Funny how desperately the ISPs try to retain customers instead of just offering everyone a fair price.
then they waste you hours of time try to renew at end of the promo
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3136 posts
458 upvotes
davidj8580 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 2:48 pm
I ordered it and have someone coming on the 18th. I am also switching from Carrytel. Do I need to contact Carrytel and cancel myself, or does Cannet take care of that? I ordered through modemoutlet.com if that makes a difference. I've also paid for my next month of Carrytel which I obviously won't be using. What happens with that?
Cancel with carrytel and they will refund it back to you
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4435 posts
1324 upvotes
Kingston
davidj8580 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 2:48 pm
I'm coming from CarryTel as well.
You need to call CarryTel and tell them the day you are cancelling. Make sure that they send you an email confirmation. They may say that it's not possible, but insist it. I got one.

Cannet said to me they wanted a reference number but Carrytel doesn't provide one. Cannet said to me the email is fine.

Then forward the email Carrytel sent to sales@cannettel.com
In the message I just basically told them that this was my cancellation request from CarryTel. I told them my Cannet order number and my setup date. Included my address and phone number.

As for your CarryTel service, it doesn't matter that you paid ahead of time. They will refund the days that you don't use. I think it takes up to 30day to get the refund..
Sep 17, 2002
880 posts
212 upvotes
I heard price was going up after weekend.
ShetiPhian wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 2:51 pm
Are the CanNet deals dead? or is there a contact method that must be used?
I contacted them about the Cogeco deal: 120/10 Unlimited for $29.98/m ($39.98 after two years) +$5/m standard modem rental +tax +$59.98 activation fee
But they won't do it. Only offer was $44.94/m ($54.98/m after two years) [includes the required mesh modem] +tax +$59.98 activation fee
So a forced mesh modem upgrade and $10 more (had typed 15 but forgot about the modem).
May 18, 2010
6 posts
1 upvote
I have been with CanNet over 2 years with initial promo package $29.99 (75mbps down and 10 mbps up) + $6.98 for modem rental, total bill with tax was $41.78/month. This was a 2 year promo plan.

I am in the Scarborough east end area. Service has been great without interruptions except on 2 occasions that was not their fault. Idiot Rogers techs decided to flip my internet service off and the other time, CUT my perfectly fine cable what was buried in the front lawn while servicing neighbour's cable issues. (DAMN BASTERS - every time they are in the neighbourhood, they messes up someone else's service. Probably done on purpose so that they have a contract forever with the monopolies).

When my 2 years promo was up this month, I've called CanNet and ask them what they can offer me. Supervisor calls me back and offered me the 300mbps down/20mbps up for the same monthly price of $41.78 tax included and without time restriction on this price. It will stay as is for as long as I want to stay in this plan. I will have to paid one time $60 switch fee. I took the offer.

For about 40 bucks per month, I can't really complain for what I am getting. It's a very fair price compared to those Bell/Rogers plans. I don't have cable and everything I watched is streamed from the internet. Furthermore, having VPN allows you to stream even more stuff on the net that is geographical restricted.
Apr 13, 2009
668 posts
175 upvotes
Can we cancel CaryTel at the later date than CanNet installation date?
CanNet and ModemOutlet insist on canceling CaryTel account 24hrs before installation date.
Anyone with similar experience?
Aug 18, 2010
493 posts
224 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
TE7 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 5:52 pm
Can we cancel CaryTel at the later date than CanNet installation date?
CanNet and ModemOutlet insist on canceling CaryTel account 24hrs before installation date.
Anyone with similar experience?
I didn’t cancel Carrytel until I tested cannet.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1533 posts
145 upvotes
heatx- wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:24 pm
I didn’t cancel Carrytel until I tested cannet.
I have both providers still. Cannet only 15mbps down 8mbps up, not sure what the problem is but already had 2 Rogers techs come in. Now have to deal with cannet. My modem came in damaged and cannet has yet to offer to replace it

Carrytel modem 100mbps no issues. Not looking too great. Hopefully they can resolve issues
Nov 9, 2009
25 posts
24 upvotes
Belleville
iwells wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 8:45 am
I heard price was going up after weekend.
Turns out Saturday was the last day.
I tried to get them to go for a $5 increase without router rental but the only thing they would do Sunday was putting me on a waiting list.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2963 posts
875 upvotes
My activation was today. I'll be monitoring mine and doing additional tests during off-peak hours as my speeds are all over the map. From one moment to the other I get anything between 30 mbps down to 280 mbps - using a variety of different bandwidth testing tools. Upload is fine though. Almost at 20 mbps on every test. With Carrytel, I pretty much always had my full 100/10 mbps regardless of the time of day so this is a bit concerning. I also noticed that on the new CDA3-35 modem, the coax connector is red hot - as in enough to be really uncomfortable if you hold it between thumb and index finger.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1533 posts
145 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:31 pm
My activation was today. I'll be monitoring mine and doing additional tests during off-peak hours as my speeds are all over the map. From one moment to the other I get anything between 30 mbps down to 280 mbps - using a variety of different bandwidth testing tools. Upload is fine though. Almost at 20 mbps on every test. With Carrytel, I pretty much always had my full 100/10 mbps regardless of the time of day so this is a bit concerning. I also noticed that on the new CDA3-35 modem, the coax connector is red hot - as in enough to be really uncomfortable if you hold it between thumb and index finger.
I'm having similar issues, never hit over 150mbps though, usually tests are under 20mbps and in a few rare cases it hit 150mbps. Testing directly from modem, from router (wired and wireless).

Cannet is asking me to do another test tomorrow morning and if all fails they will send me a new modem.

My modems coaxial input is crooked as well, requested a new one since I received however they refused. Definitely will look into getting credits for all the hassle, of course if the speeds are stable.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1625 posts
1237 upvotes
Day 3 and all good so far. Can't be bothered to plug in directly to test but Wifi getting around 280Mbps so close enough for me (using own cheapo D-Link mesh wifi)