Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] Cable Internet 300Mbps - $39.98 (Potentially lower at $29.98 / $34.98 YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 6:42 pm
Dec 27, 2012
131 posts
77 upvotes
Bowmanville
popo wrote: I'm having the same issues for speed. Was told even if I were to cancel I wouldn't get activation fee back despite only being a customer for less than a week. I am getting a new modem today so hopefully it was just hardware issue. Another RFD member said they had to wait 36 hours before everything was stable, I haven't done this since speed is unstable making the internet unusable so I switch back to my CarryTel modem. I'll have to get a splitter and test this theory.

DId you get yours fixed?
No, I got up to 130mbps bit still nowhere near my 300 mbps that I am supposed to be getting. I'm going to test it again tomorrow then contact them. The modem that I was sent has cleat signs of having been used before.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1576 posts
184 upvotes
davidj8580 wrote: No, I got up to 130mbps bit still nowhere near my 300 mbps that I am supposed to be getting. I'm going to test it again tomorrow then contact them. The modem that I was sent has cleat signs of having been used before.
good luck took me a week to get it sorted. I think its ok now but will still have the tech come in and take a look. Some of my signals aren't in the correct ranges and i still feel like it isn't as stable as carrytel but definitely faster now. After talking to the tech support i can conclude they aren't as well knowledgeable vs carrytel ones, hopefully once everything is settled I don't have to talk to them for 2 years.
Dec 27, 2012
131 posts
77 upvotes
Bowmanville
popo wrote: good luck took me a week to get it sorted. I think its ok now but will still have the tech come in and take a look. Some of my signals aren't in the correct ranges and i still feel like it isn't as stable as carrytel but definitely faster now. After talking to the tech support i can conclude they aren't as well knowledgeable vs carrytel ones, hopefully once everything is settled I don't have to talk to them for 2 years.
Was there anything that you had to do other than contact support?
Nov 20, 2004
887 posts
28 upvotes
North York
Anyone experiencing throttling?
Last night torrents were stuck at 1MBps, switched back to Carrytel for full speed.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1576 posts
184 upvotes
davidj8580 wrote: Was there anything that you had to do other than contact support?
I called them everyday cause the first 3-4 calls they wouldn't believe me that the modem is damaged... of course they also blamed my computer, ethernet cable (which they provided) I basically had to threaten to cancel before they would listen and send me a new modem. funniest thing is now that it is "better" they claim to have offered me to switch the modem, either way they aren't that knowledgable. A cannet tech is supposed to come and fix the smaller issues i'll get to assess their knowledge then.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2757 posts
622 upvotes
jusane wrote: Anyone experiencing throttling?
Last night torrents were stuck at 1MBps, switched back to Carrytel for full speed.
Gosh, hence my previous post in asking everyone's consensus. I still have both Carrytel and Cannet as well, and using a splitter to have both running at the same time to compare. They both have their slow periods, but Carrytel seems more stable...still on the fence and have a few more days to decide.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1576 posts
184 upvotes
yyz2hkg wrote: Gosh, hence my previous post in asking everyone's consensus. I still have both Carrytel and Cannet as well, and using a splitter to have both running at the same time to compare. They both have their slow periods, but Carrytel seems more stable...still on the fence and have a few more days to decide.
i was told promotion plans you don't get a trial period and activation/processing fee won't be refunded.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2757 posts
622 upvotes
popo wrote: i was told promotion plans you don't get a trial period and activation/processing fee won't be refunded.
7 days as per Cannet, but the $30.00 installation fee I won't get back.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3392 posts
3475 upvotes
GTA
I signed up for the TekSavvy 6 month promo. Free install. Contracted Rogers technician showed up on time ( 2 hour window), took 5 minutes to swap out CGN3 modem and that was it, smooth and easy.
150u speeds have been as advertised and consistent at all times of day. Zero buffering on Netflix and Youtube
Yes, it's only a 6 month price, but I figure the dust will have settled on the the CRTC's TPIA pricing decision by then and Tek will lower their regular prices further, so I'll hang around.
Told Rogers to stick their Home Phone too, signed up to VoIP.MS at a fraction of the cost. I'm just so glad to say goodbye to Rogers after 12 years of the haggling BS!
Dec 27, 2012
131 posts
77 upvotes
Bowmanville
On the 5ghz bandwidth Speedcheck is saying the speed is about 250 mbps, which is close to what it should be. On 2.4ghz I can only get up to 130 mbps. Using wired, through the three checkers that they recommended, I only hit 94 mbps.

The Speedcheck app says my stability is 45-50% and each time I run it I get a huge dip where the signal basically stops. I still can't hit 300 mbps nor do I have a stable speed, wired or not.
Apr 11, 2010
36 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
Just got a tech came in about half an hour ago. He plugged in the cable and waited until all lights on the modem are on, not blinking, then left.

I waited for about 15 minutes then I did speed test on my laptop with WiFi. I used speedtest.net and got exactly 300/20. When I did the test on my phone (using a different app not the one from okla), and I got 212/20. So, I have no complaints so far.

I will do speed tests again later tonight. I hope it's consistent.
Sep 13, 2014
56 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
A quick question for you tech guys. My speediest are all below 60 when using third party speed tests. However when I use speediest.cannettel.com the speed is always over 300.
Cannet says that theirs is the only reliable speed test. Last night youtube would not load due to 1-2 mbps speed.
Is it possible they are fudging the speeds when you use their speedtest ?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1627 posts
874 upvotes
I had signed up for 150m @ $35 but found this. Cannet was willing to honor this expired promo for $40 including modem rental, $60 processing fee.

I dealt with both modemoutlet and cannet and so far communication from both have been top notch.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2757 posts
622 upvotes
davidj8580 wrote: On the 5ghz bandwidth Speedcheck is saying the speed is about 250 mbps, which is close to what it should be. On 2.4ghz I can only get up to 130 mbps. Using wired, through the three checkers that they recommended, I only hit 94 mbps.

The Speedcheck app says my stability is 45-50% and each time I run it I get a huge dip where the signal basically stops. I still can't hit 300 mbps nor do I have a stable speed, wired or not.
It's a similar scenario for me for the past week...