Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] Cable Internet 300Mbps - $39.98 (Potentially lower at $29.98 / $34.98 YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 6:42 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1437 posts
1350 upvotes
j_dogg wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 10:48 pm
Anyone who is currently using (or has used) them know which modem they give for their cable internet packages? I'm using the Hitron CDA3-20 with my current provider (which I own).
Cisco dpc3848
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31107 posts
2695 upvotes
Winnipeg
why don't you guys get their FTTP service of 1gbit for 29.99? I guess it is hard to tell which area do they serve with what network, DSL/Cable/Fiber, there is no map.
Feb 7, 2019
18 posts
26 upvotes
divx wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 12:54 am
why don't you guys get their FTTP service of 1gbit for 29.99? I guess it is hard to tell which area do they serve with what network, DSL/Cable/Fiber, there is no map.
Because not everyone has fiber.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1437 posts
1350 upvotes
divx wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 12:54 am
It's not hard. You just call in and give them your postal code and they will tell you. My building didn't have sadly.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1637 posts
1240 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 12:18 am
It does address home Internet. You obviously didn't read it nor the references attached to it. That's why I asked. Anyway, believe what you want.

For those who also only look at URLs (thereby jumping to conclusions) rather than reading the content at the link I posted, here are some excerpts:

"Regardless of whether you want to change your phone, mobile, INTERNET or TV provider or simply cancel your service(s), the process is easy.

Once you’ve picked your new service provider, we recommend that you ask your new service provider to transfer your existing services on your behalf. (You don’t even need to talk to your current provider!Footnote 1)"

Then at para 28 through 32 of footnote 1:

28.  Further, the Commission directs Canadian carriers, as a condition of offering and providing telecommunications services to any TSPs, Internet service providers and resellers, to include in all current and new service contracts and other arrangements the requirement that they abide by customer transfer and service cancellation requests from a prospective new service provider acting on behalf of a customer.

29.  The requirements set out in paragraphs 26 to 28, above, to accept cancellations and transfer requests apply even in circumstances where no coordination is necessary between the service providers. These requirements will be subject to the prospective new service provider having confirmed its authority to act in accordance with paragraph 31 of the present regulatory policy.

30.  When a new service provider acts on a customer’s behalf to cancel services, the new service provider must be able to provide proof that the customer has authorized the transfer of service to ensure accuracy of information and to prevent unauthorized transfers. The Commission notes that, while order confirmation procedures have been established in telecommunications for coordinated transfers, no formal procedures have been established in broadcasting.

31.  In Telecom Decision 2005-15, the Commission set out the acceptable methods for Canadian carriers to obtain express customer consent for the disclosure of confidential customer information. The telecommunications industry has since adopted these methods for customer order confirmation, which have been set out in Section C of Schedule H (Customer Transfer Procedures) of the Master Agreement for Local Interconnection.[5] The Commission considers that these procedures are appropriate to govern all customer transfers by third parties. It therefore requires that customer confirmation be obtained through one of the following methods:

written order confirmation;

oral order confirmation verified through an independent third party;

electronic order confirmation by the use of a toll-free number;

electronic order confirmation via the Internet;

oral order confirmation where an audio recording of the consent is retained by the new service provider; or

order confirmation obtained through other methods, as long as an objective documented record of customer consent is created by the customer or by an independent third party.

Completion of transfers

32.  In order to facilitate timely processing of service cancellation requests by service providers, the Commission considers it necessary to impose a time limit within which the current service provider must complete the transfer. In its comments, TELUS proposed that transfers of broadcasting services be completed within 48 hours of receipt of the request. However, Shaw characterized the imposition of such a time limit as a proposal to regulate the term and termination provisions of BDU customer service contracts.
Looks like you didn't read what you quoted. Nowhere does it state your new service provider has to do it for you and also includes no procedures on how it shall be done

All it says is that the new provider MAY cancel on your behalf not they shall or must.

In practice, no isp is going to offer to cancel your current account with existing provider for you as they don't have it , they just could legislatively if they wanted to
[OP]
Apr 4, 2017
567 posts
309 upvotes
Sanghera wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 6:40 am
Is this plan $40 or $35 per month?

YMMV. Some were able to get it for $35, others $40.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1715 posts
842 upvotes
Zoughi1 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 11:56 am
Yes I managed to switch and was charged just $25 upgrade fee.

Every time I called Cannet someone would pick up the phone within minutes. I'm happy with the CS considering what I am paying.
Just tried in chat.
First was told it was only for new customers and my price was $49.98 with $25 activation fee

Then was told that they could make an exception if I paid the $60 activation fee. Bah.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1336 posts
23 upvotes
Markham
spyhero wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 4:58 pm
PM "CanNetRFD" with your account #. He is the Cannet rep on RFD. He might be able to waive $59.98 activation fee for you.
Has he done this in the past? I've PM'd him yesterday but so far no response yet, and his last online time was like in April.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1637 posts
1240 upvotes
IHavocI wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 8:11 am
YMMV. Some were able to get it for $35, others $40.
$35 is with modem rental and $40 with modem and wifi/router I was told
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2277 posts
1933 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
thanks for posting OP
I have been a 150M ($49.98) customer for 2 years and last 2 months have had to pay $69 reg price as I didn't contact them for offers :(

i did online chat and was offered to extend current offer for 2 years ($150M for $49.98)
I inquired about upgrading to 300M and was offered it at $49.98 for 1 year.
I asked for a better deal as others have gotten and was given

300M, $39.98+taxes for 2yrs + $59.95+taxes for activation today. after 2 years $49.98+taxes
cancel anytime. modem rental included.

The $59.95+tx fee was charged on the spot and will take 24h to get the speed upgraded. Is only $2.50 a month for the 2 year term.
I wonder what kind of deals they will have 2 years from now! I remember paying $50 for 50M years ago with tekksavy.

My existing hardware that was shipped 2 years ago will still work I'm told.

Cannet Support has been great via email/chat. I haven't had may issues other then haveing to contact them initally during switchover from Tekksavy but they have been responsive.
..your thread could use a photo...
:arrow: Fight Spam in Canada! 💡
May 7, 2004
120 posts
21 upvotes
Scarborough
I got my existing 150mbps/$50 per month upgraded to 300mbps/$40 per month all in, deal through chat.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1637 posts
1240 upvotes
kilobomb wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 8:47 am
thanks for posting OP
I have been a 150M ($49.98) customer for 2 years and last 2 months have had to pay $69 reg price as I didn't contact them for offers :(

i did online chat and was offered to extend current offer for 2 years ($150M for $49.98)
I inquired about upgrading to 300M and was offered it at $49.98 for 1 year.
I asked for a better deal as others have gotten and was given

300M, $39.98+taxes for 2yrs + $59.95+taxes for activation today. after 2 years $49.98+taxes
cancel anytime. modem rental included.

The $59.95+tx fee was charged on the spot and will take 24h to get the speed upgraded. Is only $2.50 a month for the 2 year term.
I wonder what kind of deals they will have 2 years from now! I remember paying $50 for 50M years ago with tekksavy.

My existing hardware that was shipped 2 years ago will still work I'm told.

Cannet Support has been great via email/chat. I haven't had may issues other then haveing to contact them initally during switchover from Tekksavy but they have been responsive.
Teksavvy are still charging those prices lol
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9633 posts
2280 upvotes
anyone know of any companies like this in AB? (Edmonton region)