Expired Hot Deals

[Cannet] Cable Internet 300Mbps - $39.98 (Potentially lower at $29.98 / $34.98 YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2019 1:44 am
Jan 17, 2008
667 posts
297 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 10:56 am
Again, it is actually you not reading. Where did I say that they "must" cancel for you? I said (and I quote) "...You don't need to talk to the current provider". You simply ask your prospective new provider to do it for you. If they agree, you're done, if not, well then you'll have more work to do. That said, I have done this many times with home internet and it does work this way. I really wish you'd stop claiming otherwise.
I have been following this conversation and it's pretty embarrassing for StatsGuy. Lol. Everything StatsGuy stated is clearly a misunderstanding on his part. He posted the following like it backs up his POV...
"All it says is that the new provider MAY cancel on your behalf not they shall or must."

If it said "must" or "shall" then the new service provider would have to would have to initiate the cancellation process with the former provider. "May" is used because it has to be initiated by the client/customer. If the client makes a formal request to the new provider to cancel existing services with the former provider, and the new provider agrees, the former service provider MUST comply. It's all clearly explained in those links @txenglan posted.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1627 posts
1237 upvotes
jestik wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 2:25 pm
I have been following this conversation and it's pretty embarrassing for StatsGuy. Lol. Everything StatsGuy stated is clearly a misunderstanding on his part. He posted the following like it backs up his POV...
"All it says is that the new provider MAY cancel on your behalf not they shall or must."

If it said "must" or "shall" then the new service provider would have to would have to initiate the cancellation process with the former provider. "May" is used because it has to be initiated by the client/customer. If the client makes a formal request to the new provider to cancel existing services with the former provider, and the new provider agrees, the former service provider MUST comply. It's all clearly explained in those links @txenglan posted.
Yup, there is zero requirement or obligation for new isp to and they don't do it

Just like you can ask for free service and they may give it to you. Will it happen? No

Everything I've stated is correct as per provided link. Just like saying based on the legislation, you can get service for free if isp agrees. Will it happen? No

I'm pragmatic and telling what happens. You have to call and cancel yourself. Just like you will have to pay and not get it for free even when you may get it
Jun 23, 2017
47 posts
41 upvotes
iwells wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 2:23 pm
Sounds about the same as modemoutlet...
Pretty much the same, except there is no modem deposit.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7546 posts
2262 upvotes
Toronto
Was paying this much for 100/10, just upgraded with the only charge being the processing fee.
Jun 23, 2017
47 posts
41 upvotes
Was paying $80 with Cogeco for the same thing (120/10 unlimited)

So I just placed the order online, got an order number, but not an email confirmation. Anybody knows what happens next? Are they gonna contact me somehow to confirm and collect payment?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7546 posts
2262 upvotes
Toronto
SilvianC206347 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 2:36 pm
Was paying $80 with Cogeco for the same thing (120/10 unlimited)

So I just placed the order online, got an order number, but not an email confirmation. Anybody knows what happens next? Are they gonna contact me somehow to confirm and collect payment?
I didn't do it online as it was on the phone, but payment is charged to your CC if you've inputted it, and you'll get monthly emails confirming your payment.
Jun 23, 2017
47 posts
41 upvotes
Variability wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 2:40 pm
I didn't do it online as it was on the phone, but payment is charged to your CC if you've inputted it, and you'll get monthly emails confirming your payment.
No, there wasn't an option for payment online, just name, address, phone number and email. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow, then I'll give them a call...
Sep 6, 2016
16 posts
3 upvotes
BC resident here. I've been with Cannet for just over a year. I had the 75Mbps for $39.95/m + $9.98/m modem (wireless router) rental - $10/m credit.

I just changed my plan to 300Mbps for $29.95/m (two years) + $5/m wired modem rental + $59.95 activation fee + no contract. $5/m less for 4 times the speed. Activation fee charged immediately to my card. They said my current router won't work (skeptical) and they will ship the new one out in a few days. They said I can keep the router I rented from them.

I asked about the month I've already prepaid for and they said they will pro-rate the credit back.

Did this all via the online chat. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2870 posts
12457 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
azn_dan wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 2:20 pm
Just signed up with cannet and cancelled my carrytel account. $34.98/month with the modem. Declined the router. $60 activation fee couldn’t be waived.

Saving $5 month compared to Carrytel for triple the speeds. Win-win.
I was with Cannet since June 2018 no issue at all, I had 30/10 and paying 40$ + tax.

I did an upgrade today to 120/20 for 34.95$ but couldn't waive the activation fees, 4 times faster no more struggle with the IPTV.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 7gb $39/month! Thanks RFD!!
Dec 6, 2015
60 posts
4 upvotes
I signed up with Modem Outlet and I got a confirmation email for:
Service Plan: SPL_20190819_ON_R_Cable_300M/20M_2Yr_$29.98/m_Aft $39.98_Rental_Option_ProcessingFee_$59.95_Incl S & H_(Monthly)

Anyway to get the $67.74 waived? Or is this the best deal available?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1355 posts
357 upvotes
any reviews of the cannet service? Previously there seemed to be a lot of issues/throttling.
Jun 27, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Anybody got the Cannet $29.98 FTTB service? How's it? I applied today, waiting for their call.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1338 posts
209 upvotes
How is reliability of this provider and CS compared to Teksavvy?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31107 posts
2694 upvotes
Winnipeg
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 4:18 pm
any reviews of the cannet service? Previously there seemed to be a lot of issues/throttling.
it is few dollar cheaper than cancom, apparently less tech support
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7546 posts
2262 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone wondering I've been with Cannet since 2017, no issues apart from times where there's outages for Rogers (I think that's who they're selling down from), other than that it's been a non-issue. No random fees, no upcharges or calls at all. Perfect for me since I was paying the same price.